Improving content quality, data cleanup, flagging misuse and other housekeeping activities

Completely agree with @Advait_6270 on this one.

I have seen a few new threads where the initiator has simply put up past 3-4 years revenue, PAT and debt details (in some cases, not even these). No commentary on the management, competition, margins, future outlook, etc. In all these cases, I think, their only expectation is that senior/experienced members should dig deeper into the companies and provide them with insights. Such laziness should not be tolerated.

In fact, as pointed out by @alexander, we already have examples of companies, where information is not easily available and yet members have been extremely resourceful in figuring out details. We can simply point to these topics, to serve as a guideline for new members.

@basumallick In addition to the minimum requirements to start a thread, I suggest that we also include examples of threads where the initiator had put in a lot of effort. Here are some of the examples, which I liked (not an exhaustive list. I am sure there are tons of others which I have missed):

1. Himadri Specialty Chemicals
  2. Indigrid InvIT (Disclosure: I started this one. It took me 2-3 weeks of reading and research to start this thread)
  3. Info Edge - Peter Thiel model
  4. 3M India: Stock to Postit in a portfolio
  5. Endurance Technologies - Quality focussed Auto component manufacturer
  6. Jiya Eco-Products Ltd. - Step Towards Green World
  7. Universal Autofoundry Limited - Melting Iron and Solidifying Trust
6 Likes