Godrej Agrovet ~ Animal Feed, Crop Protection, Palm Oil, Dairy & Processed Foods

Hi,

Apart from daily market acquisitions Parent company Godrej Industries yesterday aquired more .5% stake in the company through bulk deals. Investor Balram Singh Yadav sold 10 lakh equity shares in Godrej Agrovet at Rs 570.01 per share on the BSE, the bulk deals data showed. promoter Godrej Industries was the buyer in a deal, acquiring 9,76,047 equity shares in Godrej Agrovet at Rs 570 per share.

Seems like promoters are quite bullish on future operations. Turnaround may be not far.

Thanks,
Deb

Why would Balram Yadav be selling then?

2 Likes

Balram Yadav is the managing director of Godrej Agrovet

Hi, I see the longer version of story, not effected by 2-3 years. GAL has a long way to go to spread its wings. I have it in my bag for a longer time period. Next 2 yrs will be very good for its animal feeds business.

1 Like

Godrej Agrovet eyes oil palm expansion - Business Line -Godrej Agrovet eyes oil palm expansion - The Hindu BusinessLine

The stock has fell drastically in last few days, any internal news in market ? or is it due to roll back of farm bills by Govt. ?? Anyone tracking.

Disc: Invt.

1 Like

Like many firms across sectors, rising input costs are hurting margins and profitability. Revenue growth was healthy but flat profit growth…I see it hurting valuations of many companies across the board…the impact has been varied and the confidence of street on the abilities of a business to protect its margin in these times would define the magnitude of correction…the mid-term growth/de-growth would finally depend on actual execution…

Disc: Was invested in past, mildly tracking. Not a buy/sell recommendation. Views for academic purposes

1 Like

Palm Oil futures

2 Likes

Can someone analyse the impact on godrej agrovet of the above news?

1 Like

Expecting strong traction on palm oil sales from Godrej Agrovet which will help boost earnings growth in FY23

1 Like

97% of the palm oil demand is met through imports,Total revenue from palm oil for godrej is just 13%(this was is 2021)

Palm oil prices are going to rise further as indonesia is banning palm oil imports .It accounts for 45% of the total demand

Share price can rise but even if palm oil prices double and sales double the total revenue will only increase by 10% as most revenue comes from animal feed business.Also i read online not sure that palm oil can be substituted by coconut oil which india produce but is 2 to 3X expensive then palm oil ,if this gaps lower people might switch to alternative oils

It also sits at strong support level and i think is fairly price .i will be making a small tracking position for swing trade on monday.If you gather more information please share would be helpful over the weekend.

4 Likes

Godrej Agrovet has formula based pricing model with Indian farmers. Agrovet gets only 25% of Palm Oil price. So no doubt with rise is prices Agrovet gains but biggest beneficiary is farmer.

5 Likes

Any one tracking this and attended AGM ? Promoter continues to buy and increase stake here. Any possibility of merger talks again ?

5 Likes

Fair set of numbers after many quarters. Most segments did well this time except diary segment, which also had an exceptional item of 17cr. Believe stock is currently at a support range.

Disclaimer: Not an Inv. Reco. Holding at tail end of portfolio, and biased.

4 Likes

blog post on Godrej Agrovet ltd Godrej Agrovet Ltd. - by Dhruva Pandey

5 Likes

My Notes About Godrej Agrovet

Agri Sector
– Provides livelihood for ~55% of India’s population. This number has been de-growing and is expected to further reduce over the longer period.
– From FY16 to FY22, agri exports grew at a CAGR of ~7.5% (from ~$32B to ~$50B)
– Detailed report on agri sector - here
Agri

Overview of Godrej Group and Agrovet

• Company also has a couple of Joint Ventures and some investments in UAE. One of the JV is in Bangaldesh (agrochem) and another is a VC firm that invests in agri-startups.
  • Has some investment in UAE but I have never been interested in their UAE investment so I’ll skip it.

Seasonality and Triggers

• During Drought: Cattle feed sales increase. However, other costs also go up and the impact is nullified at present [Page 7]
  • Company is involved in a seasonal sector. However, it is working to reduce the seasonality effect
  • Can take 5 to 7 years for the new processes to be set up and come into action
    (infrastructure requirements, regulatory approvals, crop protection business, et cetera)

Capex

• Herbicide Plant worth Rs 500 Cr - to be commissioned by Dec’24

Valuation Comfort
There are a lot of different metrics that you can look at. However, this attracts me:

• Market Cap (9300) <= FY23 Sales (9300)
  • Market cap at ATL v/s Profit at ATH: (Market Cap 5 years back was around 12k)

{This is a WIP post. I’ll update the notes as per time availability}

Disclaimer: Invested (PF sizing here). I may increase or decrease my investment at any time without informing anyone so please do your own research.

4 Likes

From AR.

In the wake of headwinds, company focused on improving cashflow.

● CFO- 967 Crore
● Net working capital days reduced to 51 days from 79

73% of energy consumption from renewable energy.

● Palm Oil Business

New refinery- 400 MTPD & New solvent extraction plant - 200 MTPD

Multiple MOUs with various states. To add 60k hectares of additional palm oil plantation in next 5 years.

● Animal feed business -

7% volume growth & gained market share.

● Dairy business

28% revenue growth. Capacity expansion from 20K LPD to 70K LPD

Company focusing on volume growth & margin expansion!!

● Crop protection Business

Mixed bag results. Margins got impacted. However, sales were highest ever. Improvement in WC cycle & collections.

● Poultry & Processed food

Achieved 1000 Crore milestone, top line growth of 28%
Planning to improve margins by scaling volume growth & accelerating e-commerse channel & brand building.

Disc: Invested

6 Likes

Allotment Of Land For Oil Palm In Sangareddy District Of Telangana - Potential area of 47000 Acre

2 Likes

Source: Financial Express

2 Likes