Bull therapy 101-thread for technical analysis with the fundamentals

Pix transmission- well covered on the respective thread.
It has formed a good base after a huge move. Now breaking out with volumes. The lows of today are bought into.
Last quarter result had good revenue growth but a high base of margins. Profit growth trajectory can resume from Q3 onwards.

Discl: Invested as techno funda, SL 50dema

11 Likes

NIIT LTD, Monthly - Seems to be breaking out of the upward resistance trendline this month. Volumes have been good too last couple of days (although delivery is low). Fundamentally there could be tailwinds for this business as India upskills itself in various sectors with the pickup in business. Corporate Learning Group (CLG) has been showing decent growth and margins have been good as well, probably led by pandemic related cost-cutting. Valuation is palatable, especially if growth and margins sustain.

Pix Transmissions, Weekly - Flag-like consolidation and seems to have broken out but has been unconvincingly dilly-dallying. Valuation appears good, given the growth shown. There’s less cyclicality to growth, given its products are consumable. Margins have been consistently expanding over the years and now stand at an impressive 25%. Stocks freshly crossing the 1000 Cr market cap are always interesting.

HCC, Monthly - Chart is super-duper impressive. It has broken out of a 3 yr bottom formation this month with highest ever volumes. It has also broken out of 13 yr trendline as well at the same time. Fundamentally, there’s a great construction business underneath and a mess of liabilities I am not able to see-through. Now with Lavasa having gotten a bidder, am not sure if it is some sort of positive for HCC (the project was already in NCLT anyway). If all these liabilities are carved out and the company doesn’t go bust, there’s a great construction business underneath here - one that builds nuclear reactors (BARC, kudankulam and all reactors that exist in India), dams, metros, ports, harbors, roads (worli sealink, mumbai-pune expressway etc.) and bridges in terrains of extreme difficulty (bogibeel bridge for eg.). That business is got to be worth more than what the market is currently pricing it at.

Disc: Have positions in all. No expert. Please do your own research

25 Likes

Philips Carbon black forming inverse H&S pattern and breaking out.

Disc - Invested

2 Likes

Thank you for analyzing and highlighting these stocks. HCC has been one of my turnaround bets for a couple of years. It’s very hard to understand what’s going on there. So I have also used this run-up to book out a bit of long-term loss, while also adding a bit. The main reason I have stuck on is because of the company’s execution capability and the quality of their projects, as you have also highlighted. Let’s see if this time there is a real change or if it flatters to deceive again!

NIIT looks interesting though it’s already run up a lot. I almost never take positions after such a run-up, but making an exception here. Just taken a tracking position now, but hopefully it falls a bit so I can add. Listened to their analyst call and it looks like a good bet for the next year or two. Let’s see how it turns out.

2 Likes

Thirumalai, Monthly - Breakout and a re-test of the 2018 highs of 200-220 levels. 240 is a bit of a hurdle so 220-240 can be a good accumulation zone. Fundamentally have discussed few times earlier in this thread as well as the company thread. The nal se jal and related mission will be a big tailwind here, along with the paints demand and with ADD imposed last year. Margins may remain volatile between quarters but yearly numbers should be on an upward trajectory next 2-3 years

Deepak Fert, Weekly - Appears breaking out of a 6 month downtrend with decent volumes. Fundamentals discussed in detail in the company thread. It has continued to remain cheap but again holds a lot of promise for next 2-3 years with the ambitious capex.

Time Technoplast, Monthly - Chart and valuations looked very good. The numbers have been on a declining trend last 3 years or so but appears to be turning the corner. What I find exciting is the R&D focus in this business. They have come up with some innovative products like intermediate bulk containers for transportation of corrosive chemicals over rough terrains, carbon fiber reinforced composite cylinders for LPG distribution (we still use those rusty, corrosive cylinders for LPG) and also for CNG vehicles like autos, cars and buses (company already has approval for use of this on-board vehicles), MOX films etc. At this price, probably not much to lose?

Bajaj Hindustan, Monthly - Another stock that has undergone 6 month consolidation and appears to be set to breakout. Fundamentals discussed earlier in the thread here. Still think the valuation has the worst in the price and there are a lot of ways things can go right here. Probably not much to lose.

Disc: Rebuilding positions in Thirumalai, Deepak and Bajaj Hind. Fresh position in Time Techno. No expert, just a novice.

20 Likes

Have a look on this post again
very high rsi spike today
mines are operational now
Generation of sales and profits has been started

#omdc
Major resistance breakout + 200 dma crossed + high rsi and volume spike
In morning their was 4% rise 20% UC at closing
(4 Jan)

1 Like

Please see the last 2 days volume. High volume buying then selling. Is this means the trappings of retail investors. What this chart means. Expert please guide how to take this

their is no high volume selling
where do you see high selling volume

Ganesh benzo plast , taking out ATH on weekly, promoter buying from open market recently, demerger candidate ( announced but long over due), lot more details on stock thread

1 Like

Whirlpool - weekly- bouncing from long term support

Fundamentals here

1 Like

Jubiliant Ingrevia, chart self explanatory, inverse H&S with good volume. Stock was hammered after Q2 results due to commodity chemical part of business margins normalizing. Long term could be good play as current/future capex aligned to spec chem. More details in direct stock thread.

5 Likes

“Privi Specialty Chemical” gives a breakout with Inverse Head and Shoulder with good volume.

5 Likes

Tata Communication breakout on weekly charts (end of week is yet to happen).
The blue box on the right hand side is the trading range found by my algorithm (very basic one)… what it tries to do is keep the box size minimum and see how many candles can fit into it…

The two orange line is the range above which breakout is confirmed… the two orange lines are calculated based on the volumes at each levels when it was around the higher levels (again basic algorithm)

1 Like

it’s below 200 dma
do you think there will be a smooth/consistent rise from here

Godrej Properties Ltd

Nothing new as such in fundamentals but property prices are increasing all over india
In Jaipur at many places its increases by 1% every month
CMP 1950 CUP and HANDLE

4 Likes

Breakout after inverse H&S pattern in Tata Elxsi

4 Likes

I am not posting any technical chart now but I have a genuine question to ask. I am learning technical analysis also reading some books. Currently I am reading technical analysis by John J Murphy.

My question is regarding the inverse head and shoulder pattern. I read that it is trend reversal pattern so a prior trend is needed to reverse. Also it forms at the bottom of a downtrend.

Here I am seeing many inverse head and shoulder charts drawn on uptrend. Will it be valid? If we go by Murphy’s explanation?

1 Like

Can we applied anywhere
but we prefer combinations to get more probablity in favor of us
hns with 200 dma
hns with rsi
hns with volume
combinations can also be of two or more things

Read mark’s books also after completing Murphy.

2 Likes

Its best when the trend is reversed --that has high probability

2 Likes