VP Productivity 2.0: Emerging Moat Deep-Dive Template - Processors

Now! Good to see this getting serious traction!! :slight_smile:
Genuinely scared whether we (have raised hopes too high, and) will be able to do justice to your wishes/aspirations.

Also hoping everyone putting up a hand here is a serious learner/believer in collaboration(no matter how senior/junior an investor you are) which means accepting other contributors as they are without judgement, showing others a better way by your own hunger/initiative, trying to emulate senior styles you admire (fastest way for some of their talents to rub off on you) and in general proving to be a Team Player - stepping in when others have genuine reasons for slack, also challenging others to up the game by personal example, yet showing courtesy and patience always!

Attached is the current Fund Manager - Analyst Deep Dive Template (2).pdf (6.2 MB) (continuously being improved)

Since there is already a large number of volunteers building up, maybe its a good idea for us seriously interested deep-divers to start serious practice using the current deep-dive Template for your own favourite current business (aligned & picked from the VP Stock Story thread).

And Upload here on this thread back, when you are happy with what you have come up with - say after 3-4 self-revisions - means you have made sure publicly available info on business (research reports, VP threads, other blogs/forus, Management interviews, Concalls et al is exhaustively scanned/analysed ā€¦serious pursuit, right :wink:) ā€¦at your own level of investor maturity ā€¦which is totally acceptable. What @ayushmit and Me appreciate most and like to encourage is hard work and the surprise element in when someone else discovers something/some angle (no matter how small) that we missed.

We will get the more accomplished among us to help the newbies/young learners out to do a more complete job, progressively till all our levels are sufficiently improved.

Hope you all got itā€¦and excuse the lengthy speel ā€¦unavoidable if we have to get everyone on same page! quickly!

6 Likes

Also attached is an Excel File (from my learning days when I was a heavy numbers cruncher - the only way ratios, and their linkages got into my head then).
Axtel Industries.xlsm (141.9 KB)

Disclaimer:
I take no responsibility for the inaccuracy of data/formulas used :smile:. Only meant for educational purposes. Clarify what you donā€™t understand/ appreciate on usefulness/ impact by researching/ asking fellow investors, or by putting a query in Basics questions thread, or reading up yourself.

Below mostly for absolute newbies. NO harm re-iterating!

Hoping everyone here at VP knows about Excel Upload feature at Screener.in. If you donā€™t thatā€™s a shame! @pratyushmittal/@ayushmit have made/continue to make investing life easier and easier for us. All you have to do is upload this file (after logging in, at Register - Screener). Then for any business you want to next investigate - say Bharat Rasayan for example, Just go to Bharat Rasayan, click on Export to Excel to download, and lo Bharat Rasayan now computed using the same template/framework all in seconds! Donā€™t think this kind of super functionality exists at any site anywhere in the world. And Free? :roll_eyes:

16 Likes

The Image File in the Deep-Dive Template may not be clearly visibe, so uploading for fresh eyes. This is also the last worksheet named Deep-Dive in the excel shared before

I would love to volunteer for this exercise.

1 Like

I will Volunteer. Thanks for the opportunity

1 Like

Iā€™d like to volunteer as well

2 Likes

Pls count me in. Iā€™d like to contribute.

2 Likes

Count me in as a volunteer! Do let me know any-which way I could contribute.

1 Like

I would like to be volunteer for this initiative. Tell me how to go about it. I am beginner, lots to learn from this forum.

1 Like

Hi,

I am a novice investor and an avid reader of this forum. Please count me in if I can contribute in any way!!

1 Like

Hi Guys/Gals

Delighted to bring to you another high quality deep-dive interaction with @ankitgupta on Bharat Rasayan. This is a business widely tracked at VP, so need for any pre-ambles.

If you have nice things to say about this capture - assuming most of you CAN make out what is being presented/conveyed - the entire credit goes to Ankit - he has closely followed the business for over 4-5 years, has good insights, and has tried to show you what he thinks of the business! I am interacting closely with Ankit after a gap of 2 years or so - and, I am impressed!

PS: Sorry for the delay in getting back to volunteers. Will sit now for an hour or so - looking through activity/posts of those who have raised their hands, Do you think assigning a relatively senior volunteer with a newbie for each transcribe is a good idea? let us know.

7 Likes

Eager to volunteer, look forward to hearing from the team

1 Like

Guys/Gals

High Time you updated the ā€œAbout Meā€ section on your profile page. I am seeing so many interesting posts from so many folks, it helps your case immensely if we know a little more on the background. Simple stuff - professional work area, years of experience, what you are naturally good at for us to slot you in Team VP better!

Hereā€™s my updated profile! I was forced to, before pushing everyone else to do the same.
Its official now! My personal goal for 2020 - to deliver on VP Expert Network 2.0!
https://www.linkedin.com/in/donald-francis-740785a/

If you want to be taken seriously in this potentially disproportionately rewarding Deep-Dive Collaboration Experiment ongoing now, you know what you have to first :wink:
[Those with professional limitations, can keep things simple ā€¦professional work area, years of experience, what you are naturally good atā€¦]

3 Likes

Done that now Donald

1 Like

Thanks a lot.
Leads -Enrolled in first list!
@HRunthla
@divygupta
@SinghiGirish
@inValuable

Newbies not to get disheartened by heavy-duty profiles! (Guys/Gals - donā€™t pull a fast one Ha :wink:)

What we are looking for is sincerity of INTENT, and curiosity for LEARNING! That can come visibly alive in what you said while volunteering, so it pays to make that extra effort to get noticed ; in ā€œAbout meā€, as also in your activity - the kind of questions you ask/been asking, and one or two observations/thoughts - that perhaps shows how you analyse - too much to ask :slight_smile: already!

Self-confessed Novices! Enrolled! Some here will migrate to the Leads

Keep updating your profile for meaningful insight into ā€œYouā€ and let us know about the updation - doesnā€™t show up automatically. Itā€™s a cluttered world, we need to always make a little extra effort while writing in/expressing interest to standout in some way to get noticed. Proof of the pudding will always be ultimately in the eatingā€¦but we are after quick productivity here.

So expect further screening, in terms of ā€œwho get thisā€ fast. there are some who are naturally good at and love structured communication. They donā€™t like to write till they can communicate effectively. And they love any communication that is structured well to enable getting to the gist of the matter - crisply concisely. Its my feeling that those guys will understand this very fast, and can guide juniors to understand what is written - fast, ask some quick clarifications on what is not understood, and get the basic job done; Then polishing english/refining can be done by a few others who are editor-like skills among the Lead set - along with ability to understand the impact of crisper communicationā€¦So a numbers training helps, good reasoning ability helps, good english helps.

So any lead/self-confessed novice who wants to be first-in, its a good idea to attempt to transcribe yourself - Axtel Ind or Bharat Rasayan and send that in the fastest - ONLY if you are convinced you get the essence of what is being communicated. If you donā€™t, then donā€™t attempt, we can walk you through.

2 Likes

Hi,

I would also like to participate, profile update doneā€¦
my first analysis released published recently, will try to revise/re-publish based on learnings from the investor framework shared by Donald

1 Like

Profile Updated Donald!

1 Like

I am glad to come across this link and initiative which makes us work and learn. Studying the notes and transcribing would work as the Mecca of knowledge, as this would stimulate thoughts in avid learners and novice investors like us and especially the the ladies out there, striving to have there individuality in the equities field.
I being a teacher, can explain and communicate well, and hope to be resourceful in the initiative.

Regards,
Pooja Singh

1 Like

@Donald I am ready to contribute on this task from today!

In order to avoid any duplication of effort, if i may suggest, one person pick-up Axtel, make the template and also transcribe itā€¦ I am starting the Axtel transcribing, so if some one has started or is close to it, let me know (i wont duplicate the effort), otherwise would request to hold on from starting itā€¦ and once i share the template (by Today EoD) some one else can pick up BR.

Let me know if it worksā€¦ thanks

1 Like