This is a CALL for Volunteers/Deep-Dive Interested learners and practitioners to raise their hands for collaborative deep-dives into emerging businesses! To make this learning effort more transferable (I know NOT everyone is UP for it ) and scalable for VP community members.
Enclosed is a deep-dive exercise that I conducted with @rupeshtatiya and captured his take on Axtel Industries business - a small 110 Cr Sales business, seemingly strongly differentiated business - something that we all know he has worked on, has been tracking developments, and is pondering over growth and scalability puzzles.
Now before everyone starts saying here we go again. Donald has come up with another complex picture . Nope, this is avery nice Template, Yes Sir, for those interested in trying to investigate a business form all known angles, as much as possible, and trying to form a FEEL for the business, where it can go from here!!
This time some of the skeptics are converts too!!
- last time there was an issue, that we tried to present an Unified view on our Success Stories. This time we are NOT presenting successful stories with perfect hindsight . This time focus is on emerging winners.
- This time ONLY individual views are captured. I am the facilitator for deep-dive expeditions. I am NOT the influencer. So my biases are not captured here…ha ha.
- We will try to inspire 5 different folks for every such business that holds high potential puzzle- to be solved cases. There are other Axtel guys whose (may be) different takes will be presented here. Maybe I will present mine too. I am allowed to have my own individual take, right
That way individual biases, if any, should get exposed. Holes in popular narrative-led arguments should get exposed. We will get guidance to a much better job on our weak areas - e.g. Business model vulnerability scrutiny.
Besides the information/analysis EDGE for investors is over!! Everyone is/become good at this. If you can do scuttlebutt so can the next guy. If you have access to industry/competition data, so does the next guy. You can remain ahead in the investing game now, ONLY if you work very hard to develop INSIGHTS into the business.
I am excited, that IF enough serious students of the ART of Investing take this up earnestly I am pretty sure I can get Prof Bakshi excited again to come and help us do a more transferable simple exercise, that everyone will benefit from - especially the newbies who will be exposed to more complete ways of emerging business analysis/scrutiny.
But I am sure us practitioners have actually to gain the most. Our decision-making will be better because our scrutiny quality will be better and more well-rounded. And I am sure we will be able to attract the best minds/domain experts to collaborate with in this beautiful journey !!
Anyone volunteering/participating in this thread needs to
- Update “About Me” section on his/her profile page - to bolster chances of getting slotted-in on key assignments
- Also participate in the Mental Models for Emerging Moats thread, in order to better appreciate the accelerated learning requirements.