VK Portfolio Learnings
- The strategy for Portfolio is very important. But more important is the management of Portfolio on a periodic basis.
- I learned over a long investing period that one of the fundamentals of Portfolio construct is Asset Allocation between Debt and Equities.
- Another key thing to a portfolio management is the timing of the market not in exactness but in approximation.
- Lastly collecting data for the portfolio performance on a daily basis and analyzing it on a quarterly, half-yearly and yearly basis is sine qua non for understanding the strength and weakness of one’s portfolio which will help in decision making for better results.
- I prefer target Asset Allocation as Equity : Debt = 60% :40%. But the wild market fluctuations keep moving the asset allocation and hence the swing in portfolio performance. Here is the graph of my Portfolio Performance I started monitoring on a daily basis since Nov’2018.
The link to the graph is as follows: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13FQsZ2eaV0EF3tAgE3Wk5MQip47MstaKf9HNe8WSu9U/edit?usp=sharing
The key statistics of portfolio is:
|Date||Sensex Close||Sensex||Total PF|
|Upside||PV - MIN||14.69||10.18|
|Drawdown||MAX - PV||30.63||18.01|
|Range||MAX - MIN||45.32||28.20|
Any valuable suggestions, comments for improvement shall be accepted with alacrity.