RIL: Is the 'Reliance" on 'Jio' Justified?

Manufacturing of that battery by reliance in India is tied to progress in Dhirubhai Ambani Giga complex

1 Like

I have only one question for the community, What percentage do you think reliance has to become the first Indian company to be with a trillion-dollar market cap?

They Have 3 established verticals(PetroChemicals, Retail, Telecom, and Media) and 1 new vertical(Green Energy) in which they are trying to establish themselves.

Of course, down the line, they will split these verticals into separate entities, but I will say there is a 30% chance of reliance to become the first Indian Entiry to be quoted at 1Trillion USD. Which would be 3x of their current market value.

PS: TATA group’s cumulative market cap is 314B USD, the only Indian entity which I think can beat them to it, if I have to say I would give them a 40% chance to be the first to trillion dollars. and 30% to all the other listed companies.

3 Likes

Looks like healthcare is going to be a big focus area for Reliance.

Bloomberg also covers this

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-03-02/mukesh-ambani-s-firm-will-offer-genome-tests-for-145-to-detect-disorders-early

3 Likes

I would tend to disagree. Their 4G rollout was one of most daring and innovation led roll out. They co-created 4G network with a novice OEM Samsung bypassing established players Nokia, Ericsson and Huawei.

4 Likes

posting a quick valuation exercise that i did for Jio Financial demerger. For your reference.
https://twitter.com/visheshgoel/status/1646720771874766854?s=20

1 Like

Reliance Retail of Ambani will be, at least in the foreseeable future, judged in comparison to Damani’s Dmart.

We will have to, may be await the Demart results.

Disclaimer: Have some small investment in it.

4 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Reliance to buy out Walgreen Boots Pharma of UK @53400 crores- If it comes through - there would be tough competition with Tata1mg , Apollo pharmacy & Pharma-easy

Demerged entity Jio financial services before Diwali - shares may be valued @ 150-197 as per estimates

July 20 record date for Jio financial services Demerger

3 Likes

I am interested in Jio financial services for long term, I am thinking whether to buy RIL or wait for demerged entity to list?

in my view , buying reliance may be a better idea as while you are getting Jio financial , at the same time you would be holding the parent company Reliance which is in to retail, telecom, chemical , refineries , renewables and a host of others.
Though Reliance may not be a multibagger idea , but it has given decent return, while keeping my portfolio stable. This stock finds its place in almost all large AMC MFs portfolio. Everytime there is a SiP, part of the SIP money gets reinvested in Reliance.
I am holding since 2020 @ 800 per share.

Discl: It is not a buy or sell recommendation. please do your own assessment before investing .

2 Likes

For me the problem is I don’t want to hold RIL long term as it is too diversified and also if I need Jio fin 1000 shares, I have to buy 1000 RIL shares, so the dilemma whether to buy RIL or wait for Jio fin listing.

That could happen with any NBFC, if they get too overly ambitious and end up in a situation of high asset liability mismatch, even Bajaj Finance is not safu :smiley:

1 Like
4 Likes

Reliance with Bharat Benz for Hydrogen Bus.

Reliance could again disrupt with Hydrogen fuel for Automobiles in India

The hydrogen fuel cell is not yet well developed in India and the cost would be very high. It would require a Govt subsidy like EV.

Reliance earlier in Feb 2023, had launched a Bus with an IC engine with hydrogen as a fuel.
So the strategy here is to use Green hydrogen fuel in our conventional internal combustion engines , which is definitely practicable at affordable rate. The existing IC engine concept is applied to burn Hydrogen in place of diesel petrol.
Bharat Benz is basically CV arm of Mercedes Benz in India and Reliance has already lined up for end to end solutions for Green hydrogen production.
So, Reliance Bharat BENZ will have both IC engine Hydrogen and Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles

6 Likes

Reliance Q1 2024 Results - Barring o2c Business , Duble digit growth in Revenue , EBITDA, Margin in Reliance Retail, Jio platform , Oil &Gas. Dividend announced Rs 9 per share

3 Likes
2 Likes

“RIL partners with Brookfield Infrastructure and Digital Realty for India data
center business.”

4 Likes

More Money worth USD 2 billion (8199 Crores INR) flows in to Reliance Retail from Qatar’s Sovereign wealth fund.

1 Like