RIL: Is the 'Reliance" on 'Jio' Justified?

Recently demerged entity, Jio Financial Services (JFS) venturing into Asset Management Industry with a 50:50 JV along with Black Rock.
Here is the announcement: e4a9e990-8032-4760-87f7-e777ae8a32b7.pdf (bseindia.com)

Morning Reliance Strategic investment is renamed as JFS and evening announcement of JV with Black Rock. Wow, gods speed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nothing surprising here, Blackrock had a venture with DSP AMC before, now with Jio. And if the AMC is going to focus on Indian retail via mutual funds, then there are many ifs with a lot of time frames in the picture.

Invested.

1 Like

A very interesting article as to how Jio is well placed to disrupt the financial sector in line with what it did in Telecom & Retail sectors.

1 Like

Looks like a general article to me, not many insights.

And as far as the AMC is concerned, particularly if they want to focus on Indian retail, even with the data they have of people who are using their services, even with the hiring of top talent, my guess is, it will take a while to sustain. Initial euphoria may exist, like some fund based on quant model does great, but as it grows, it is in the same fund categories it has to compete with the bigger players, who are finding it difficult to deliver more, despite being in the business for decades. So my guess is not easy.

The other businesses like lending to B2B, B2C, I have no idea for now.

On a lighter note, the typo in the article is too much, they did however mentioned the correct number in crores.

The company is expected to enter all avenues of financial services such as loans, asset management, insurance and other. It has already declared its intent to enter the asset management with Blackrock, with each partner investing $150 billion each.

BlackRock, which is the largest asset manager in the world, had left India in 2018. The two companies will pour in Rs 1,200 crore each into the venture.

I have Jio internet but i got invoice from Reliance Retail Limited.

Does reliance retail’s revenue include the Jio internet recharge amount? Is not it should be part of Jio Infocom?

Even during the internet installation (Jio Set Top Box) the bill was given from Reliance Retail .

True… happened to me also.
Almost reliance retail shops have a Jio telecom counter. They don’t seem to have a seperate invoice for Jio , though Jio is a seperate business entity.

1 Like

recharged my jio fiber connection last night. the invoice came from JioPay.

dis: holding

I am jio subscriber from 2020, never saw bill coming from Jio Infocom. I have doubt on relaince retail will be at all profitable if they deduct the Jio recharge amount or Jio internet related charges.

@Shivkumar JIO Pay is Jio Fin Svc

1 Like

Apart from MF’s , FII’s increase holdings in Reliance

FII holding in RIL rebounds from 26-qtr low; which trump card did Mukesh Ambani play? - The Economic Times

Reliance Jio Launches all new Jiobook Laptop with advanced features for Rs 16499

Pre-orders for the device open at 12.30 pm on July 31 and the sale starts on August 5. It will be available for purchase from Jio Mart, Reliance Digital and Amazon.in.

You may please watch the CNBC video at the begining of the article

2 Likes

Reliance is all set to become the first company in India and perhaps the only one in the world to become a fully integrated Green Hydrogen manufacturer with both forward and backward integration- To start production and marketing of Green Hydrogen by 2025 i.e. Just after one and half year from now.

Discl : Invested in this company since last 3 years and I may be biased. This is not a buy or sell recommendation. Please do your own assessment before investing

4 Likes

Does anyone know when the Jio Financial Services shares will be visible in our demat account? I’ve received an email about it, but I can’t see the shares yet.

Depending upon the broker you use, they will be visible in your holdings page, with the code INE758E01017, and not by name.

1 Like
2 Likes

Hi - Can any of the IT friends elaborate on the true 5G developer platform and lab announced in AGM? How would that differentiate Jio? Any case study - how is it value accretive? Is it becoming similar to Tata communications now that it also has laid its own optic fibre network? Thanks in advance for insights

Promoter Entity buys in to Jio financial services

After 4 days of lower circuit, now the stock is facing upper circuit due to heavy purchase by the promoter entity for the last 2 days

2 Likes

Reliance Retail has made 24 acquisitions since last 4 years. Interesting read.

2 Likes
1 Like

What is the capacity of Adani Solar…???

Adani Solar is India’s first and largest vertically integrated solar company. It has a 4 GW manufacturing capacity for solar PV cells and modules. Adani Solar is one of the fastest-growing solar manufacturing companies in terms of capacity expansion.
Adani Solar’s manufacturing capacity has increased more than threefold in less than six years. The company plans to increase its cell and module capacity to 10 GW by 2025.

Will Reliance also manufacture Solar cells also???

2 Likes