Bull therapy 101-thread for technical analysis with the fundamentals

Hello,
this is exactly i was looking for a dynamic SMA plotting ,thanks a ton for it …but when i plot it by ( cut/copy/paste ) , i am getting the following error , hence unable to apply :slight_smile:
line 2: no viable alternative at character '“'
is it running for you , if you create a new indicator using this exactly what you have posted here ?
Regards

1 Like

Polymed, Weekly - Flag breakout. Not a technical pick for me and the fundamental thesis is in the Polymed thread here and here. The Q3 performance has been good, the product pipeline and R&D spends encouraging. Valuation is fair and not cheap but not as expensive as some storied localized manufacturing/PLI stories like Dixon.

Amrutanjan update from here - Amrutanjan Q3 numbers pretty good. So maybe Q2 wasn’t a one-off? Its still hard to say and the Investor Presentation is as clueless as me.

They are also not sure, clueless or conservative? My guess - Winter started early this year and has lasted longer and coupled with Covid and suppressed Menthol prices, lead to good numbers last couple of quarters. Will know in the coming quarters. Comfy has had a 22% growth as well which is great. Price appears to be breaking out as well with volumes.

SH Kelkar update from here. Good numbers but market reaction has been too tepid for comfort. This was apparent in the earlier business update with the great sales growth reported. Reasons probably are the promoter stake sale (Keva Cons.) around 116 levels and the debt reduction plan probably going to be delayed due to increase in working capital owing to stocking of RM on account of price volatility.

Disc: Holding Polymed from 230 levels. Amrutanjan from 460 levels. Kelkar from 98-108 levels. No transactions in Polymed and Amrutanjan recently. Kelkar reduced allocation recently as story is changing from what I perceived but still continue to hold some.

12 Likes

Attaching screenshot as it is working fine for me.

May be there was some formatting issue when I posted the code here. So attaching the text file with code. Thank you. version.docx (11.9 KB)

4 Likes

Technically Kopran has been going through consolidation phase since Oct’20. May break out soon in either direction. Please delete if this is irrelevant for this thread.

1 Like

Power grid on the verge of breaking long term resistance -

AJ
Disclosure: Have a trading position.

https://youtu.be/LBwhPqCdZNA. I cover Nifty movements on pure technical basis no fundamentals involved. But gives a great help for guys who wants to learn TA. I also give lot of inputs in every video.
Moderator if it is against the forum rules pl delete.If yes, can I post a fundamental analysis video here like Sudharshan Chemicals

5 Likes

https://youtu.be/Z0RZ4PdCxqI
I have explained in the video how LT investors can take advantage of Technical Analysis in planning accumulation. The more important factor one needs TA only for entry not for exit. Exit is based on change in business fundamentals. That is also explained in the video.

17 Likes

Thank you for the video. Do you have any pointers on how to setup a screener for finding accumulation / distribution patterns?

The strategy here is to identify a particular stock on a fundamental basis and then accumulate based on TA. It is enough we do this on 10 stocks . Why need a screener. The Triangle and Rectangle is accumulation pattern. BO is a confirmation of that. I am using the YOUTUBE video as it is easier to explain the thought process and get the message across. They are right when they said " A picture is worth thousand words"

4 Likes

https://youtu.be/I8fgLA0fgtk Happiest Minds has given a good Breakout for accumulating long term.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/ldonYzJwtSM
Aarti Drugs another fundamentally good stock gave a good entry point today

6 Likes

Laurus Labs, Daily - Looks like a cup and handle pattern.

2 Likes

Nifty path from 7511

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/bsSQRksmjUU

In this video I have explained my Trend Following system . This system can be applied for trading/investing on any financial instrument be it Indices, stocks, bonds,etc. Investing is nothing but a Long Term Trade. In my experience, charts helped me in getting out of investments example YES Bank, KSCL. The problem we retail face - the information comes later after the price fall so we lose. It is our money so it is better to play safe and exit based on some signals from price movements . We can always enter again. This is only a general statement and each situation is complex and different.

Please see this chart on US 10 yr yields

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. What is the correlation between US 10 yr yields and Indian markets?

Usually, the rise in US 10yr treasury bond yields would be a reflection of strong economy growth which would in turn fuel inflation thereby increasing the interest rates. Hence, a rise in US 10 yr bond yield would encourage FIIs to pull out money from risky emerging markets like India and go to safer investment instruments. Current state, the Indian markets are rallying bcos of the liquidity inflow that FIIs have brought in and when that is reversed, we could see sharp corrections in NIFTY

8 Likes

@chets
Warren Buffett articulated this relationship well in a recent interview,
“If you buy a 30-year bond today with yield 2% you’re paying 50 times earnings for an investment where the earnings can’t go up for 30 years. And think of it, the ten-year bond at 1.4% that means you’re paying 70 times earnings for something that can’t increase its earnings for ten years.”

Effectively he’s saying, why buy a no-growth 10 year bond available at 70 P/E. Instead buy stocks of growing companies at substantially lower P/E multiples.

Bond = 70 P/E with no growth
Equities = 10-40 P/E with growth

10 Likes

Jindal poly the leader in polyfilms sector breaks out of a 10 year all time high in its most recent upmove. This happened after a tight consolidation within a flag marked in the right corner of the chart. Target of the flag is around 870. All time high was 695. Stocks breaking out of multi year highs are always something to watch out for. Fundamentally, in the past few weeks, the realisations for BOPP films have gone up a lot and that should enable these BOPP companies to post stellar numbers. Other important company in the sector is Cosmo films. Even Max ventures has a speciality polyfilms division which has predominantly BOPP division and according to its latest presentation has 45% share of value added films.

disc: bought as a techno funda bet as a trading bet. (I am not a qualified advisor and the above is not a recommendation. )

14 Likes

No that view is not correct Why HNI invest Bharat Bonds , Fixed Deposits, Liquid Funds , Gold. It is the risk which matters here not the earnings. Capital stays intact in case of good debt. Ask yourself why Infosys is not investing in stocks but debt that too only liquid funds. Beyond a point risk becomes more important than return

2 Likes