Bull therapy 101-thread for technical analysis with the fundamentals

I have identified certain good stocks for short term investing and explained the TA behind it. We are near ATH and hence be cautious. https://youtu.be/zXEC0O76JFM

When I identified Apollo Pipes yesterday, I never had any view that it will go up 17% today. But I thought it is a good set up to buy. Sometimes it happens. How one approaches the huge upside is individuals choice - his money management, risk management, return achieved, enough attitude, etc. Here nobody including me can advice you correctly. That is beauty of markets. But bottom-line - system has shown the way

2 Likes

Navin Flourine seems to have broken out of symmetric triangle and retesting breakout level

3 Likes

I have different opinion based on scullbutt as I had my batchmate working in polyplex Indonesia earlier to this he was in turky . I was tracking the sector and i asked him if your company has single silver bullet to shoot indian competitor to whom it shoots to without wait he replied Jindal poly … yet ihe said the raw material has escalated a lot and so is price of final products but one must wait … as this up move won’t be sustainable even for shorter durations… I may be wrong but one must be cautious for the companies in this sector … second the production capacities are more than the demand and some more additional capacities are coming in ti play . THIRD which is most important is that alternative Materials are in R& D tunnel and companies with fully backward integrated operations will leads… I am not an experts it is just small scullbutt from the industry expert who is in same industry for more than two decades of technical experience however I may be 100% wrong in my interpretation…
Regards

4 Likes

https://youtu.be/xq2qzzkSxCA Week end learning for Investors from how Mindtree has recovered from the lows and how one can use TA to buy good stocks with confidence.

Dmart chart - self explanatory

8 Likes

Here is the half yearly chart of CRISIL with Pitchfork…the price movement is quite well mapped by the pitchfork and that gives a good upside target for CRISIL…

The following points may be noted about CRSIL long term charts.

1. It has tested and bounced from the support on 4 times during the last 3 years

2. The bounce has been preceeded by a very strong 3 bar bullish divergence on on Half yearly and quarterly charts

3. Stock has formed a double bottom on monthly charts and subsequent to that there was an upside breakout on monthly charts and in now in post breakout sideways movement / base building process…

4. On weekly charts crisil is about to shrug off the effects of the March 2020 crash and in now under bollinger band volatility compression. A close above 2050 indicates that the long term rally in CRISIL has started.

Discl…Invested in CRISIL. For me this is a stock with very strong fundamentals…very low paid up capital and very low float…market leader and with almost nil default by CRISIL rated bonds…very stock as it has very good support @1500/ 1700 and almost nil risk of permanent loss of capital…and very good upside potential of 8000-10000 over long term…it meets all the requirements of an ideal investment

2 Likes

Symphony has given multi year downtrend break out with good price volume , on back of good summer demand in India and turn around in global subsidiaries performance - if past glory were to come back and sustain, it has all ingredients of high performers ( asset light, high quality mgmt, return ratio etc) - as they say technicals lead fundamental…Q4 likely to be a good performance ( low base and derating over last 3 years - low expectations), recent concall from mgmt were not conveying aggressive growth but let’s see…

Invested

5 Likes

A picture perfect failed H&S with heavy volumes on the pokarna daily chart. Good example of a bearish pattern suddenly becoming very bullish. Fib trend based retracments suggest a target of 265-275. Medium term target of 400 odd based on the same fib trend based math.

8 Likes

A good bullish butterly seen on the colgate daily chart. Harmonic patters are rare but very successfull in my experience. Pattern target is 1800-1900 in the medium term - i.e 3-4 months. Colgate also has historically given a bonus when the stock price has touched Rs 2000

1 Like

IPCA Laboratories is looking good. The stock is taking a support at 1,800, a decline of 25% from top. Also, stock is taking multiple support at current levels, while RSI is showing strength. Company has reported good numbers in recent quarters, so it seems more of a correction. Views are invited.

Discl: Not invested

5 Likes

Doji exactly at the 61.8% fib level on the chart of Axtel. Dojis signal a possible reversal in trend or at the very least a pause.

Edit : Axtel gave a breakout today on good volumes. Pattern target seems to be 420

7 Likes

Thanks Kartik for sharing your views. I agree with most of your views, especially that the major support could be near 1625-1600 range (if 1800 breaks) and one should jump in once the stock breaks the 2000 level, so will not have to hold the stock for long.

However, I don’t agree with your historical run-up point. If you will check the financial, Company has reported very good numbers during this phase. So, I believe run-up is justified.

2 Likes

Reliance daily is forming a cup and handle formation. Issue with handle is that it is very deep but at 61.8 retracement of last wave. Watch for breakout.

Disc: Watching, Not invested

1 Like

NCL Industries is looking good. The stock is in uptrend, and I believe it has taken a flag breakout, Next Target would be around 300. Company has reported good numbers in recent quarters (latest Quantity data attached in file). It is trading at lower than it’s 5 Yrs median PE. Also, Promoters have increased the stake in the last 2 Yrs. However, I don’t know why Institutions have exited the stock. Views are invited.

Discl: Not invested

2 Likes

Update to Previous Post: IPCA has taken a breakout from a trend-line resistance, albeit with an average volume. I believe, now 1,800 could act as a good support. Views are invited.

quietly and steady… Symphony looking strong on charts after taking out multi year down trend, good price volume action says glory days coming back?

4 Likes

Seems Orient Refractories is breaking out on weekly charts with huge volumes

5 Likes

Marksans Pharma is looking good. The stock is in uptrend, and today it has given a flag breakout with high volume, Next Target would be around 110 (Previous top). Company has reported good numbers in recent quarters. Views are invited.

5 Likes

InfoBeans is a small cap IT services company that got recently listed in NSE from NSE EMERGE. I have compiled my notes on company in the InfoBeans thread.

Q4 results are expected on Apr 26th with an investor concall.

Breakout with huge volumes today -

4 Likes

US 10Y flag pattern (daily chart) →