Analysis of EV Industry?

Thanks for the visit . I’l do my research an add here if I find something interesting

Gensol Engineering is also setting up plant in Pune for 3W & 4W…worth reasrching

1 Like

Policy push, a tailwind for Elect 2-wheeler, 3-wheeler, Bus

Yogi Adityanath govt’s BUMPER DIWALI Gift! Big discount offered on buying EVs in UP (msn.com)

Was just visiting many properties that are under construction and are mainly in prime areas of Jaipur, Rajasthan mostly every builder is now publishing an EV charging station as its feature just like a swimming pool and gym, and not only big complex many luxury home builders are building farmhouses and bungalows with this feature.
Have been in touch with many rich brokers that deal with expensive properties and there the thought of EV charging is increasing and is one of the features that they want as many think they at least need one ev vehicle in their collection.
So for many rich people ev is getting great acceptance to hope tata Tiago ev would make it to the middle class very soon.

2 Likes

I would argue that an EV manufacturer can be considered either has automobile business or a technology business or a mix of both. Personally I would say it has a greater component of automobile than tech.

Traditionally speaking, the automobile sector has not been successful in creating much wealth for shareholders (don’t get me wrong, as a part of GDP or Economic growth, it is crucial) unless you know who the winner is going to be - and this is extremely difficult to estimate with a high degree of probability. We can certainly find mispricing in this sector (once you get in, you need to know when you will exit), but if you are running a concentrated portfolio, an automobile business will not generate much of an edge for you.

The industry is such that there is just no competitive advantage that one EV company can have over the other. It’s just like the airline industry - its sexy but not worth it. China probably has the largest automobile market and the competition is intense. Xiaopeng has better AI than tesla and Neo has a 600+ km range on a full charge! It just seems very difficult to conclude with any reasonable accuracy as to who will the winner be.

Btw, I’m talking about the industry both internationally and domestically heavily on the 4 wheeler side.

Regards

4 Likes

Gensol Engineering Management Interview

In FY24 revenue will come from EV manufacturing too

Company sitting with overbook worth 1000 Cr.

Solar EPC should clock 2,000 Cr. (Including acquisition)

On EV side we expects 500-700 Cr

On consolidated basis 2500-2700 Cr revenue in FY24

286 Cr cash on BS as of Mar. 2023

4 Likes

Databook for articles- EV industry.xlsx (100.0 KB)
Thought to share this which I prepared

6 Likes