Analysis of EV Industry?

Thread on start-ups in EV Scooter segment.

INVESTMENTS COME POURING IN EV INDUSTRY

SIR PLEASE share websites similar to this getting good DEEP INDUSTRY REPORTS LIKE AVENDUS REPORTS. THANK YOU FOR SHARING SIR GREAT CONTENT

1 Like

***UPTO 700 KM in ONE CHARGE … ***
EV INDUSTRY IS GETTING READY FOR A SPRINT

1 Like
1 Like

C O M P R E H E N S I V E

3 Likes

Thanks for the article

TatA MOTORS has emerged as the 2nd highes car manufacturer in India .
It has doubled its electric vehicle sale so it is apparent EV is gaining traction.
How can we find out that which are the vendors,suppliers or companies that will gain from this ?
may be battery supplier
Parts supplier who can supply to all the companies like Mother Sumi ?

Firstly if we just can’t predict who partner with who in long run as this is long story and evolving one so proper bet on manufacturers will not take to really on one vendor only.

The second part is that now ev has seen one great shift that is backward integration just see Tesla there dependency is quite less compared to other car makers as no of parts atleast moving are less that make manufacturing easier at the plant.

So how good ev parts play will go is very much uncertain and can have some new thing in place like Sona comstar is a good play as precision forging is hard and they are leader so it is a good bet and more certain one

In india there is no clear lithium ion battery bet and Tata chemicals and excide look more certain where both have 1-1 problem tata chemical have a proper client and tech provider but have no expertise in battery making and excide has no proper buyer in place but have battery experience.

What will you bet on is a question is experience can be bought(my personal bet in one that so with Tata motors have bought tata chemical as a pair in my portfolio) or can client be easily available and experience will be of any use.

Parts play will only work if new value is created and just shifting of market is not done as yes ev will replace petrol but if you sell to both then you will be a part of shift and not the real gainer these are company in tyre,leather seats and some.safety etc that are similar so betting on them can be not that beneficial.

Motherson sumi will for me if ev is considered is there wire harness business and can gain lot traction after demerger and is also hard to come by also.

There is also a opportunity of some specific company part like some company like ola,Tata etc that will gain bigger market share partner for light or horn etc these can be value bet as these company might be a part of shift of quantity to bigger player to other smaller players Fiem Industries is one such that supply to ola scooter and have not major clients earlier so this can play a value shift buisness growth option.

If you bet big on company taking market share and will sell big then see these companies also that might be in traditional part buisness and be overlooked but will play on there growth

2 Likes

I agree we can’t predict that which company will stay partner for a long time but what we can do is

1. Observe - feedback of the consumers( friends relative etc )
  2. Research - Talk to people working in these companies , attend their sessions , board meeting etc and then shortlist
  3. Gain knowledge - Changing technologies , Moat of vendors ,
    A mentioned by famous and big investors , target suppliers and vendors who will be play a crucial part in the growth industry .

A lot of money can be made if we can shortlist 2-3 companies by helping each other in the process mentioned above .

I’ll also try to find out the information regarding the same and post it here .
it will not data or numbers ( you can get ot easily from a website )
But the summary of the conversations with employees , shopkeepers etc . Morelke a primary research .
i believe retail investor Hasan advantage of talking to real people unlike the big investors who follow only No’s. I am not discounting the fact the no’s are not important but big investors have an huge edge over us in terms of analysing balance sheets. Making financial models etc .

Can you elaborate a little more on this

Hi guys
The sales of 2 wheeler EV’s has increased by appprox 950% YOY .
Do we have the list of companies which are the major suppliers/ vendors of these 2 wheeler companies( okinawa, Ola , ampere ,hero electric and many more ) . one of the examples i s
Please share a list,it would be very helpful

1 Like

endurance tech
Suprajit
Raj Ratan
Nocil
Sona Coms
Minda corp

2 Likes

One of the key companies that has not been mentioned here is shivalik bimetals.

Shivalik makes metalic shunt resistors of high quality (high temperature range over which it can operate, low resistivity, low ohmic resistors). These shunts are used critically in battery management systems used in EV to measure amount of current flowing through the battery

My due diligence tells me that Shivalik has large market share of shunts domestically & is only one of 5-6 globally who can make these sort of shunts. Shivalik also supplies to vishay limited (check shivalik thread for more details) who also supplies to Tesla & other EV companies. It is highly probable that Shivalik shunts might be used in Tesla as well (though this one is hard to verify). Co is doing a capex to take capacities 2.5x. Capex seems to be almost complete with commercialization in sep-22

Shunts also find application in EV Charging infrastructure. Remains to be seen whether shivalik can get into & capture this market as well.

Concentrated profit pools are one of best way to play any large megatrend.

Disclaimer: I am invested & biased. One of largest positions.

9 Likes

An excellent list compiled by Samco.

4 Likes

I think Tata Motors has the best EV vehices in India in consumer car segment. But the share prices have already shown the uptrend and there is no profit potential left.