TRIDENT - World’s Largest Integrated Textile Manufacturer

My personal advise would be to stay on sidelines and observe. As share priced RS. 6 would be more volatile. There are so many other opportunity in market at present so evaluate them also

1 Like

Sir, u hv posted results for TRENT not TRIDENT!

Thank you for your correction.

Posting correct one. Impressive Q1 numbers posted by Trident.

http://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/bf48eaa9-6c81-4114-b8f4-031ef1bf0bc7.pdf

Capex plan declared for paper unit.

1 Like

The company share will be split from rs 10 each to rs1, the record date is 16-12-2019.

1 Like

Simple query…I still don’t see 10X shares in my account. If I sell my original X at current price, would it mean I am selling 10X? Please help as I am planning to exit. Thank you.

You wont see 10X shares immediately in your account, as it requires 2-3 working days for it to get reflected in your account. If you sell Y (no of shares) bought at X (original price) then it makes no sense as u would have more Y no of shares just the value of X is diluted further down with increasing no of shares…

Just read this article : https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/stocksplit.asp

I believe the current spike is only because people are not able to sell their current holdings. don’t see any other news report which explain multiyear breakout. Appreciate if anyone can provide some views on current valuation. Thank you.

Trident granted patent for ‘WOVEN FABRIC WITH IMPROVED COMFORT’

Thanks for sharing. very good recovery in Trident. is there any other positive news apart from this patent.

Q4 2020 results were not good but maybe PPE kits are in demand (and patent helps in making better PPE material?)

Searching for “Trident PPE” shows these as top results:

Disc: Tracking little bit since related to IOLCP and Welspun (invested in both)

1 Like

Hi,

I was searching government approved/certified PPE manufacturers in INDIA.I found this link.
Trident group name does appear in that,but there are lots of companies which are doing the same thing.So what are the reasons Trident will overcome the mushrooming competition in this arena?

Thanks,
Deb

1 Like

Respected Board members,

I just found this article : Date ( April 2020)

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/ludhiana/trident-to-make-10k-ppe-kits-daily-69908

PPE Kit price : Ranges from 300 INR - 500 INR
https://dir.indiamart.com/impcat/ppe-kit.html

Assumptions :
10,000 * 30 days = 3,00,000
3,00,000 PPE (per month) * 400 (average price) = 120,000,000
approximately (12 crores) (and there will be additional taxes ) - this is only meant of study purpose and not an investing idea

Risks : Realization on receivables can be delayed - in case if most of the orders are from govt, am not sure if they are exporting to other countries.
Not aware about their sales factor in USA

Cons :
Increase in demand for towels
Hygiene products
PPE kits & Masks
Anti virus home linen

also they are focusing on increasing demand in hygiene kits of essentials, including soaps, sanitizers, vegetable cleaner and hand towels to people residing in rural areas. The groups is also launching exclusive ‘Anti-virus’ range of home linen

1 Like

The company promoter (Madhuraj Foundation (“Seller”),
Promoter Group entity of Trident Limited.) has sold the share and the company has acquired the share in the name of M/s Trident Group Limited.

https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/2FEB9E7C_8505_4EBF_BE1A_B9851EF36B35_145954.pdf

Madhuraj foundation’s portfolio

Directors of Madhuraj Foundation Limited are Pawan Jain, Arun Goyal, Pardeep Kumar Markanday and Ankit Malhotra.

Can someone tell me is this a pump and dump? Promoter sold the shares and the company has bought in double the quantity of shares.
-are we seeing any capex in the company?

@vikas_sinha, @valuestudent, @ramansharma

At first look does not seem a problem, price-action for many years is in Rs 6-7 band, so why pump-dump here? Good that share does not enter market and company is paying to buy it! 3 yr FCF is half of mkt. cap. so cash is there. Yes, ethically questionable, open buy-back or something to give minority chance also, maybe?

Disc: not invested.

2 Likes

How do we read the 1377 crores capex announced by Trident. The benefits it ought to get through PLI.

Trident Takes a Giant Leap Towards Becoming A National Brand With myTrident.com

After a successful penetration across Indian markets with its exclusive showrooms, Trident Group, a business-to-business manufacturing giant based in Ludhiana has knocked the doors of Indian households with myTrident.com. A Direct to Consumer website, myTrident.com was launched on 7th October on the auspicious occasion of the first Navratri.

myTrident.com features top quality products from the house of Trident group ranging from towels, bedsheets, paper, notebooks, bathrobes, rugs, cushions and more. Customers can avail of up to 55% discount on myTrident.com and make the most of Trident’s famous gifting range for the festive season. Trident further plans to announce more exciting discount offers during Diwali.

On the occasion, Mr. Rajinder Gupta, Group Chairman said, “It’s a new era for Trident and a moment of great pride that we are now taking a major leap towards reaching the consumers directly. Trident has been world renowned for its high quality products which until now were enjoyed by our global customer base and domestic retail customers. With myTrident.com, anyone from any part of India can now purchase these products at the best of prices. We look forward to a great response and reaching out to more and more consumers with myTrident.com. This is just the beginning for us and our next step is making myTrident.com live for customers across USA within next three months added Mr Gupta.”

2 Likes

Trident Group Launches Trident Foundation, its Own CSR Platform

As an active promoter of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Ludhiana based textile giant Trident Group launched Trident Foundation, an extension of its philanthropic arm. Its website Tridentfoundation.org was launched on 9th October 2021.

The website is user-friendly and is open to all. Anyone who wishes to volunteer and extend a helping hand can do it freely. Extending a helping hand through physical effort called ‘Shramdaan,’ donation in kind or monetary values can be done on the website itself.

Through initiatives like diversity and inclusion, education and skill development, healthcare, and many more, Trident Foundation aims to promote education, better livelihood, sanitation and women empowerment for marginalized sections of the society.

So far Trident Foundation has helped 1500+ students in their education, 300+ women by skilling them at Hastkala Skill Centre, planted more than 7,00,000 lakh trees, removed 35MT of plastic waste from the banks of river Narmada, provided education to 900+ underprivileged children through evening schools, mobile dispensary, 2 wheeler ambulance and provisioning of medical aid to more than 33 villages of Budhni.

Through Trident Foundation, Trident aims to provide healthcare and employment benefits to all stakeholders including employees and shareholders.

On the occasion, Trident Foundation’s Chairperson, Mrs. Madhu Gupta said, “With Trident Foundation, we are driving all our endeavours to make a difference in the community. It is a step forward in the direction of making the basic rights of health, education and employment to those who really need theme the most.”

Trident Group Chairman, Padma Shri Rajinder Gupta added, “Adding value to life- this isn’t just a part of our philosophy but also our guiding principle. A small step can make a big impact. That’s what we aim to do with Trident Foundation. We are hopeful to reach every corner of India and uplift the underprivileged sections.”

Trident Foundation further plans to extend its footprints at a pan India level. Trident is also inviting all its stakeholders including employees, shareholders and associates to partner with Trident Foundation for this noble cause and shall reach out to the shareholders and its associates individually via e-mail.

The website can be explored here: https://www.tridentfoundation.org/

2 Likes

a positive: Healthy dividend payout maintained by the Company.
Diversified revenue with the leading market position in the home textiles segment. Raw material (cotton) prices need to be considered for margins

Company commissions its 7.6 MW Solar Power Plant at Budhni, Madhya Pradesh for captive use. This Solar Power Project is expected to produce 33500 units per day to be consumed in manufacturing facilities located at Budhni, Madhya Pradesh resulting in considerable savings for the Company.

1 Like

Q2 corporate presentation: https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/0eef5447-0594-4250-a12f-b515a5cf3ef2.pdf

Future Plans of the company

4 Likes