Screener.in: The destination for Intelligent Screening & Reporting in India

You can find capex by taking difference of (Gross Block+WCIP) year end - (Gross Block+WCIP) year start.

Regards,

8 Likes

Thanks Vik. Calculation wiz kid :slight_smile:
Will try the formula today. Hope to get through. In case I don’t get through please help with a sample excel calculation…as I am not sure year end/ beginning is given in screener. BS data is listed year wise…start or end how to find that ?

End of previous year should be start of current year I guess.

Hi Ayush,

There is a function Price to FCF. So I guess FCF is already being calculated. It would make life easier for those not fluent in accounts analysis. Hope you can add this feature in.

I do realise that it has been mentioned that there are two ways to calculated FCF. Whatever the definition its use would help us is filtering for FCF companies anyway.
Please oblige

Kumar

Kumar
That way you get latest FCF. You will not get historical FCF, average FCF and growth.
Let me know if I am missing something.

As mentioned by sunil, last year numbers will be year start and year end nos you can pick directly.
Also, I think FCF calculation in screener is not actual FCF but its final cashflow (OPCF-ICF-FCF), which isnt the right indicator.
Regards

Hi,

Any way to find self sustainable growth rate and capex from screener.in

Thanks
Mahesh

Sorry perhaps but i did not express myself correctly. I would like to see an FCF function as it will take away the ambiguity in the calculations. We could technically code it ourselves but I am a bit apprehensive to do so as I am not sure of the nuances of accounting. Think i will make a mistake and my results would be wrong. That is main reason for requesting this function.

But yes i do agree that the FCF figures would not give historical FCF etc but I sure there is a way out.

Kumar

Find Attached ExcelPoddar Pigments.xlsx (78.8 KB)
Upload This Excel @ Register - Screener for Calculating
1)EPA
2)EPA/Sales
3)ROIC
4)ROIIC
5)Defensive Earnings
6)Study :slightly_smiling: Decomposition of ROE
7)Debt/Equity
9)Financial Leverage
And lot of Ratios
Kindly Check and Do Post Reply
(if any ERROR Kindly Report)

2 Likes

Also useful for Calculating
Maintenance & Growth capex

Link:-Read Below blog for getting Understanding of Maintenance Capex

1. Calculating Maintenance Capital Expenditure | Seeking Wisdom
    2)http://www.tankrich.com/2015-28-maintenance-capex/
1 Like

Defensive Earnings Do Read
1…http://www.tankrich.com/finding-stocks-earnings-power-long-term-profits/
2…http://www.tankrich.com/2014-51-earnings-frame-find-great-business/
3…http://www.tankrich.com/2015-19-using-earnings-power-box-lets-ask-right-questions/
4…

3 Likes

Screener.in not working for me even after logging in. Not able to run any queries or check watch list. Is the site under maintenance

Vinamra,

Excellent effort. Terrific accounting & excel skills. Guys like you will make us lazy :slightly_smiling:

Cant figure out why you have left out FCF & DCF based Intrinsic Value. Is it assignment without answers that we had in school textbooks :slightly_smiling:

Overall superb

1 Like

is screener having some problem

not able to work since yesterday mornig

Thanks Anupam
3 years back Mr Donald Francis shared Excel Model :grinning: and discuss about
It’s must read book for Basic Understanding of P&L , Balance Sheet & Cashflow Statement
Attached Excel is based on that one only…

Rightly Point out :- the missing of DCF Operating Cash flow Analysis & FCF
You can do assignment :grin:

I will post DCF & Operating cash flow Analysis Template in next few Days

1 Like

Has Screener.in started working?

I don’t think so. It works when I open in my mobile though.

yes its working in mobile but not working on my desktop.

It seems like its working fine in Chrome, but not in mozilla firefox.

Use it daily with SeaMonkey on my laptop. Never faced any issues.

Checked with Firefox and it worked on my system. Check plugins/extensions.
Checked with Opera and it worked again on my laptop.