Maithan Alloys Ltd

Dear Suhag

Please see these posts, you will find loads about Maithan. Right from custom tailored process to Blue Ocean applicability.

But once again I stress this was never a battle for Maithan when it comes to my investment decision. It boils down finally to my engagement with crowd foot print, convergence with fundamentals. This is how I played the game so far!
Maithan Alloys.xlsx (11.6 KB)

Note: this is an example of success, there were many drop outs. Once something works money management can do wonders as long you are up for a long shot game!

I can not stop emphasizing few things again and again:

1. My engagement with market depends on my money management, methodology and psychology. By handling only methodology it’s small battle won.
  2. Competitive advantage rarely visible from financials alone. Competitive advantage is embedded to value chain of company which in turn linked to business process of company. Unless you breakdown the financials to key business process we will never be able to understand where the competitive advantage is.
  3. Turning business process understanding to competitive advantage to financials should be your knowledge chain. For example Maithan have clustered small suppliers for a raw material supply ( so you won’t find proportionate tangible asset addition). Most of us read financials first, business drives accounting not other way.

Good wishes and good luck!

7 Likes