YourRaj's Portfolio

Thanks you for visiting the thread about my musings .
i do not compare with EID Parry yet share few points about Andhra sugar . Could you please share your finding about EID Parry that in which terms they are seems to be comparable
Andhra sugar
it more of chemical company around 65 -70% revenue come from chemical divisiion with caustic soda segment has remained very very stable for them and it generates very high margins yet energy intensive sector but they have power generation system of their own .Their new power plant of 33 MW has been synchronized to the grid which leads to leading to margin expansion around 55 to 60 crs per annum also it helps the company in overcome huge power problem in the south as well in future expansions . India is expected to be the fastest growing market of ChlorAlkali in Asia-Pacific as well as the World .Caustic Soda and Chlorine are the basic building blocks of economy. Company’s another product Poly Aluminium Chloride is used in deodorants and in water purification process which has huge market to tap . They have chemical such as Hydroxy Terminated Poly Butadine (HTPB) , UH-25,Monomethyl Hydrazine (MMH),Isrosene and are manufactured exclusively for ISRO and are used in propellant for satellite launch. to sum up it seems to be a very well managed company and pretty well integrated .

some thoughts about EID PArry It has strong ethical MURUGAPPA family more than two centuries old with strong presence in Nutraceuticals organic Organic Spirulina and Chlorella other than sugar which can be good growth driver .transfer of equipment from TN to karnatka takes longer times second New distillery which is coming in Bagalkot will not be coming till Q1 of 21-22 .Plant of Haliyal plant will be functions in 2021-22 as per latest concall . What i perceive is that there can be temporary trigger may be as the company is very old and has huge amount of non-core assets and lot of land which they can mortise to reduce their debts . to sum up it will takes some time to catch the fancy of investors .

regards

1 Like

Ur summary pretty much summarized the business of EID Parry. The sugar businesses of both the cos. is quite comparable with almost same realizations. In case of Andhra Sugars, it has a greater %age of contribution at around 90% of the profits. In EID Parry, the income base is more diversified with Crop protection investments contributing more to the profits share.

IMO these are the qualitative and quantitative points in favor of EID Parry : -

• more diversified revenue stream
  • The subsidiary Coromandel Int’l is a dominant fertilizer player. Yes Andhra Sugars also have a dominant business subsidiary, but the sheer scale of Coromandel business provides more margin of safety and stability
  • The co. is deleveraging - No doubt that Andhra Sugar’s vis-a-vis Net cash position is favorable, but the deleveraging of EID Parry will provide for comparatively accelerated earnings growth
  • The nutraceutical and retail sugar businesses might be further margin accretive
  • The Murugappa group’s historical governance record
  • The valuation, as I mentioned before - the whole co. is selling as a holding co. discount case and that too massively discounted, Now, listed holding cos. at a huge discount is a strange case in India but it also provides periodic opportunities where this discount swings from 70% to 30% and that itself provides 2-3x return in 2-3 years

Thoughts??

3 Likes

entered in Sharda cropchem yesterday it is really good company with strong pipe line of registration in the agrochemical sector with sound jockey .It differentiate itself being asset light but it may be two way sword as it is operating in more geographies …

It can be boon or … Lets wait and watch the

Business Model

2 Likes

Careful sir, 3-4 CFOs have resigned over last 1.5 yrs in this. The co. looks attractive but thr are surely signs of smthng being fishy. I maybe wrong in my assessment if you’ve thought deeply abt this, bt to me these 2 major factors led it being an avoid case : -

1. Setting up too many foreign subsidiaries. Yes, they give business model as a reason for this, but again these are harboring grounds for diverting money.

2. CFO resignations - This might be the effect of (1). Bt as mentioned above, the number of CFOs resignations in such a small time span.

6 Likes

How is your PF doing currently…what is the latest holdings in it…hope all the losses were recovered in the recent bull run

1 Like

I blv this question was for @yourraj although the reply was marked for me… :smiley:.

Anyways, Not getting into profit\loss, I’d also like to see his updated portfolio. Got few good value pick ideas frm him and few avoid cases too… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Over the last three four years is a great learning for me I think I become more on capital preservation track than to have great returns .
DHFL has eroded 90% wealth allocated yet still hold the stock unless clear picture come … one should learn about the Promoter which was bad on my part . I had narrowly escapes in M/s Pincon Spirits Ltd (32% loss but I had allocated very less ticket size ) and M/s vakrangee ( sold at 28% gain ) which offset my loss in that year .
I built patient to hold Rain was once 52% loss which recovered a lot yet not even … I was not knowing What is cycle investing and I think I invest when the Cycle was near top , now commodities are now again flavour of the town so I recovered a major part … I dare to add at lower price which enable me to lower the cost of possession …

After long holding of IDFC Ltd I gave up because of some good companies with growing market share I allocated the amount to Mayur uniquoters which was at that time 35% loss( pricewise from my initial purchase) now a major contributor as the price action along with the improve fundamentals and growing market share … I do not say that IDFC Ltd or IDFC bank is wrong pick yet I think banking is not my cup of tea and I am not able to understand the banking bits and pieces …
CHOOTEY time main MOTTA PAISA KAISA BANEY will leads to speculation and lots like gambling where the probabilities of winning is very low and on top of that one can’t have absolute probabilities of any events may it be market or life but I have strong believe if you spot MAKHI in tea DONT drink the TEA I mean try to gather more knowledge on the promoters and their verbal and non verbal gestures ( if you watch their videos … this helps me to filter out a number of companies and understand how some of the best companies use sharp practices which leads to wealth erosion of small equity shareholders …
No company has SPOTLESS accounting / production / quality practices yet CHOR WOHI JO PAKRA JAi… They use capital for their business purpose and they may or may not committed to individual to grow their CAPITAL . We Small time and small sum equity holders create own narratives to WALK away from any company of to be remain invested in the company …

5 Likes

in march end I sold around 15 % of my portfolio to offset the tax effect and along side continuously investing small chunk in index fund on regular basis which give me return to the tune of 29.4% for total of 14 months .

New Scripe addition :
I missed a strong rally of metal stocks as i was not actively participating in the market as following guru lynch lesson to build a place to live as the interest rates were low so started constructing home which can be a great asset . that is alright i witness the strong jump in steel prices still not able invest in steel companies . so i try to look for some other alternative to play this cycle i choose to select the Refractories ( which is boring item but has strong usage in cement as well in steel kiln ) .There a ony three to four players . I bet on management and strong clientele . I try to wait for correction yet not able to catch so today i entered in the ORIENT Refractories with 7% of portfolio weight as well in Route Mobile - 4% ( it corrected but not to extent i wanted it to ) due to KHUJALI of sitting on CASH i finally entered in both .

CORONA is REAL my both parents are getting treatment in Gurugram and not able to find beds in Private Hospitals . The cost of treatment is very high . so stay healthy and safe

Disc: this not any kind of advice to buy or sell one can do one’s own due diligence or contact SEBI approved consultant before investment . I am not any SEBI approved analyst

2 Likes

Market is supreme and so is the passion of learning and result out of it … There are lots of drum beating about the Sugar stocks and reducing sugar crushing for manufacturing of sugar and converting the additional crushing to ethanol and experts are making good case for the sugar stocks … but does all companies with Sugar in the name will help the investors to create wealth … i have doubt … it is more of THIS TIME Will be different so have written script in your hand that WHY you are going to invest in any other sugar industry .
New Addition to Portfolio
2% additional money allocated to Wonderla Holidays the strong assets and high capex required industry , strong cash and balance sheet , making their own rides and promoters are of V-Guard industry and are competent … it is like if you BUILD CASTLEs some will surely comes to live there.

DHFL : it is turning out be learning case study now again NCLT is telling lenders to reconsider the resolution plan by Wadhwan ( i have lost around 90% of my second biggest bet yet holding the same )
source

Marginal increase holding in Kitex Garments ( reduce overall holding cost ) and Lux industries

Multi bagger vs Compounder

Exited Route Mobiles , Andhara sugar , Sharda Crop , earlier exits himadari specialty , Sunteck reality

Current Portfolio

Disc : this is not any recommendation to buy sell or hold . i am not any SEBI approved analyst or broker. i may exit position or add more without informing the forum . Please do your due diligence and consult SEBI approved Broker

7 Likes

Importance of Facts Figures triggers and rules in creating wealth

Facts:
The installed capacity ( IOL or EPL has good capacities but will this will help in short term or in long term , ultimate product is have how much NPM ) .
Manpower (routines / modules generated by IT company or API created by any pharma company how much these skill set can be reutilised to develop new product or service question must be asked or looked for does they always start from scratch or generate from already found themes ).
Management past decisions and allocation of resources ( delegation of powers by Motherson sumi in the acquired companies , Piramal’s acquisition of old companies where they delisted the company made me to exited from DHFL at the last bounce of dead cat ) .
Need to investigate in to the Surplus as it may have provisions of contingent liabilities; the lawsuits and the pension
When management says We have increased market share it sound GOOD check does they cut the price to improve the volumes of sale this will reflected in lower OPM and NP .
major share in domestic and international markets (check should be made to determine for demand contraction or expansion and how a company is faring in the dynamics of the business ).

Figures
The charting of price movements, ADX, RSI, crossing of 50 SMA on 200 SMA , is stock is moving above 200 SMA , is stock is making new highs of 52 week
Analysis of working capital , debt & fixed cost , *Working capital, also known as net working capital (NWC), is the difference between a company’s current assets, such as cash, accounts receivable (customers’ unpaid bills), and inventories of raw materials and finished goods, and its current liabilities, such as accounts payable. [Even if the company has no debt or negligible yet the more amount is tied in the inventory or high receivable thus result of high loss due to opportunity cost ]

Triggers
Is there any changes in the govt policy like dumping duty , additional export benefits, state excise or taxation exemptions or legislature changes ( e.g blending of ethanol and incentive or increased minimum support price ) ., capex is near completion ( some state offers better incentivised tax structure in order to support the industry in their state to improve the employment and growth of the state ( pharma in baddi barotiwala ( Himachal ), Vapi -Ahemadabad -Badodara( Gujrat ) , improved infrastructure e.g gas pipes or relaxed norms for pollution , Elephants can dance but only a few those are in circus.. those big blue chips which constantly increasing their basket of offering with improving margins can able to move faster than their peers good example are Britania , Pidilite , Asian Paints … but most of the cases in big companies’ high margin business income support the low margin business ( best example is ITC ) . We as retail investors sometimes failed to estimate the claims which may arise in future e.g due to prolonged smoking Ciggrate companies sometime susceptible to damages this happen in pasts in develop countries …
Always has question which sector will be the darling of the street next time for that one need to learn about the dynamics of the market and how to find NEXT APPLE in that sector. For that we must check the global index movements… usually the sector which is boring and often out of flavour of market give rise to selection of good compounders ( at this time hotel / aviation / engineering / housing are leggared ) so making invest is one thing and sticking to that bet is is more crucial we always jump to book the profit and keep the lose making …i had kept DHFL even up to 91% loss but at last managed to sold at 59% loss … which is almost 1/10th of my portfolio
Rules
One must sticks to YOUR OWN created rules ( You only know YOUR risk appetite ). No expert is 100% correct … Timing market is very very hard and it is next to impossible on all the occasions …
Set you max bet per stock e.g 15 to 20% Set you max bet per sector may be 25 to 30% Set your return or time stamp on your investment to get exit ( it doesn’t mean one must exit at set target one must read the concall and evaluate the prospects of the company it happened that I was once 60% down in rain industries ( lots of stuff happened in three years one must visit the tread in second company Chaman Lal Setia 63% down yet I was just lucky and able to convince myself that in long term the will survive and they do … but it can’t be universally applied to all the firms so YOU and YOUR Decisions are supreme to create YOUR wealth .
Put the money in trenches and exit should be also in trenches …
Diverse or confined portfolio / Blue chip or small cap or mid cap / Short term investment or buy & hold strategy
As long as they are up and running doesn’t make a huge difference in long run but one must understand HoW equity price getting rerated … it is Expected returns of the share holders and mostly big players or ace investor participation in that company make a huge impact on price movements e.g MF , DI , FI , ANALYST call for buy and sell can lure the investors and call for action from these fund house create a lots of churn in individual portfolio which make a huge difference in long term but it is true that 100% analyst are not sure what they are suggesting and often not able to live to their own TARGET if they would Why they cant have 100% allocation in that stock only ? why average MF has more that 20 positions in their holding ? why they have multiple schemes hybrid , equity , debt . small cap , mid cap or blue chip or nifty …
I share my own investment which I had practiced during last 16 months by investing in small chunks on regular basis

i am not advocating this is perfect way but ,most of time it remove personal biased and return are in high nineties of the percentile of the whole companies
portfolio

Disc: this shared for learning and not any company mentioned above should be treated as recommendation to buy sell or hold , i may or may not inform the forum before buying more or sell any of my portfolio companies . i am not any sebi approved analyst or broker one must consult registered practitioner / broker before making any investment decision

4 Likes

hello sir would you please provide thought process exited in route mobile ?

i my take is LUX is having more sustainable business than any technology based where their edge is going to fade faster and margins are thin . They have ti always share their pie with the service providers . The touch points are important but at the same point different geographies different risk profile and dealing with multiple currencies can be proved to double edged sword . The main business of communication is regulated by the govt of that country as this may be fatal for the sovergenity of any country . wealth of nation is how their leader use their policies to safe guard their revenue … i share small learning from CHANKYA if someone make you KING in some foreigner land DO not accept as the time will come when the locals will over thrown you from your top office .. so my thought process is
DO i able to calculate the risk in different countries my answer is NO .
**Do i have pricing power in forgien land NO … **
Do i know their micro level Jingoism or local preferences of country specific operators NO i don’t
So i just switch the money from Route to LUX .although it is not an apple to apple comparison yet i am more comfortable with the companies has good physical product in my portfolio two are exceptions one is persistent and other is wonderela … but former is making and manufacturing heir own rides and first is making small modules for more than top 200 software companies of the world which is kind of support work …
Every story or narrative has magnets in it but would you be able to sell your stack to greater fool over next two to three years this must be asked multiple time … tehnology is moving faster than expecting but one thing is sure log CHADDI VADI to pehnege hi … and at the time of switch the margin of safety was good for me

sales and margins are improving

reserve are piling upwards and the company is building up the capacities

so to sum up i made exit for better prospects .

Regards
disc : This is not any recommendation i am invested in lux so my views may be baisd please do consult SEBI approved broker before making any investment this is only for study

5 Likes

Piling up some cash and reduced exposure in some scripes implementation of the strategy for long term the market is rising and the most of the stocks are participating … so there won’t be much fear make me to shift gear to move to some stocks which will provide some more safety and reduced risk …
a ) Laurus labs ( all the share are now free share it reached 200% so recovered original investment sold 1/3rd portion )

b) Persistent System ( all shares are now free it cross 100% so take out the invested cash in this )

c) Lux moves too fast just to reap some benefits sold 1/6th

d) Mayur uniquotes ( it cross the upper limit so take the fruits sold 1/6 th )

e) Sold 1/3 in rain industries lowering the overall purchasing price surprisingly move red to 48% gain position . cyclical business and lowering my exposure in the metal space

f) sold 1/10 the Kitex very slow just to get the cash to offset some of the opportunity cost
after 6 steps selling raised the cash level in the portfolio reach to 20%

2 Likes

Sitting on cash is very hard … so
Re- entered in ITC with exposure 3% of current value of portfolio cant resist the mouth watering valuations ,
Expectation 15% CAGR
Exit criteria a) Move too fast i.e double in two years revaluate the changed circumstances and business rationale if not support the price may exit…
b) some change in regulation in insurance or apex court judgement e.g compensation to smokers etc
c) No brain exit if price move in -30% of purchasd Price
additinal bet : yes but limited to 7% of value of portfolio at the time of
new addition
2 ) GIC housing finance Allocation 5% of current value of portfolio
Expectation 18% CAGR
Exit criteria a) Move too fast i.e double in two and half years
b) some change in regulation in insurance or apex court judgement , changing completive landscape
c) No brain exit if price move in -50% of purchased Price
Additional bet : YES , but limited to 7% of value of portfolio at the time of
new addition

1. Prince pipes and fittings Allocation 4 % of current value of portfolio
    Expectation 18% CAGR , Company has strong dealers and has portfolio covering plumbing, irrigation, and SWR management good coverage report by hdfc
    Exit criteria a) Move too fast i.e double in two and half years
    b) some change completive landscape
    c) No brain exit if price move in -50% of purchased Price
    Additional bet : YES , but limited to 7% of value of portfolio at the time of
    new addition

Disc : this is not any recommendation to buy sell or hold i am not SEBI registered broker or analyst please consult SEBI approved broker and do due diligence

2 Likes

Latest portfolio and rational

Sharing some random thoughts
Be careful in this time global debt is rising , commodities are on higher side thus it will push the inflation to new high although. during low interest time and high inflation time is good time when the demand is booming and employment rate is good . but the companies are showing their rise in margins but cutting the bottom line which in long term effect the quality of their products . the valuations are such that you cant hold them even with long pole … the signals and deceptive … in Indian scenario the nation debt is not a big concern due to large pool of customers yet on personal level i feel customers are not getting value what they are paying now thus it will stop the consumption or they will postpone their long buying’s of high price products … they are happy to invest in real estates as the interest are low and banks are just increasing their loan books … at the same time somehow in this process they might be sacrificing the quality of loan they are dispersing…

both the above are contradicting the customers are paying their future income and will be paying installments by securing the loan , so if the earning of the individual increase than there wont be any problem but if the earning will not rise then they will lend themselves in debt trap.

Companies are adopting cost cutting measures to reflect more margins or to used the saved money in automation of the process … in this case the employment will be getting lost and new set of skill may be needed from the workforce
i am not any pro in macro economics or micro economics and analyzing stocks as the STROY of the town will either take the scrape to new highs or dump it in to the lower levels .But be careful and do not make purchase or sell decision at the time of market do some analyses during off time .

market pro, MF leaders and preacher always pitch their own old held beliefs and making you scape goat . During up movements there are always new breads of advisors comes and when you search them at the time dust settle there wont be any . It happen to me every ideas seems to be investable but work on how to question your beliefs.

Disc: this shared for learning and not any company mentioned above should be treated as recommendation to buy sell or hold , i may or may not inform the forum before buying more or sell any of my portfolio companies . i am not any sebi approved analyst or broker one must consult registered practitioner / broker before making any investment decision

Regards

2 Likes

hello sir, why capital is taken out once reach 100% , is your strategy regular or this time when market is all time high?, why your winner to cut ? thanks in advance .

Why McLeod Russel ? I remember some official from Tara’s saying that tea estate is a mirage. Large tea estate does not indicate strength as the same is mired with political wringing etc and would never be a profitable venture. On top of that there is new tea estate coming in some friendly environment every now and then

1 Like

Hi vimal ,
Reasons to take out invested capital though it is decresing your future upside returns yet at the same timd movement of stocks is always unpredictable and random , this is to safe your invested capital and also betting on upside of the stock and you can keep them on autopilot mode for long horizons but in long term you may come across somtume unseen dips becuse you cant predict the story shci is going to rooll down in the future. One must take out the capital and allicate the same in other sound stock which is further subjected to either new set of unknown variable risk factors however this will provide you diversification… i have upper limit in terms of % of portfolio in individual dtock .

If you are sure about the next two to three year you may not trim you position but that depends on your risk appetite… in my case i had lost handsom amount in DHFL saga so my aim is to protect capital as well as to offeset the capital tax during year e.g if i had realised profig of 5 lacs i can risk up to 400001 as 99999 is non taxable in ST /LT …
Most of my pool of companies has good stream of products and services either to consumer( Lux or to multiple industrial companies (AIA engg ,Laurus , and hopfully not easily getting disrupted very soon ( tea , inner garments , minning bits,API , software routines , job search , finding marriage partners, cheap energy contract etc ) .They had good pool of either long years of operations (russel )or backed by solid marketting team ( ICICI lombart Godrej) and IT structured with innovative products ( laurus , IEX ICICI lombart)

Baki Indi Aur HINDI main I aur H ka difference hai … I means me and H meams Hum jhan pe HUM ka weight JAYADA hoga wo chalega … because the price of a stock is nothing but combined expected value of the shareholders … at the same time no one can underestimate the powers of PUNTERs … beware of TIPSTers and whats app university’s messages … even if you had strong influence of very good retail nvetsers my huble submission is do not follow them blindly
Happy Dusshera and happy investing
Regards

3 Likes

Sir you may be right
Please go theough a small writings in motely fool

It is a boring industry and this company has tested many up down cycles and this time out of NCLT clutches and offering much high margin of safety however this stock is surelly not for small risk appetite investors. . I had enough realised profit in this year in that case even if futhure slide down 50% i can hold it …
I had bet on Longevity of the company and good tea estates under its belth though they had sild a couple to get rid of their interest debt … but you got good value it has list around 86% of price in LaAST DECADE so will the tide be turning …i dont know ???

Regards

Disc please study the company and stock before investing in this scripe i may be biased as i had invested in this . I am not any sebi approved Broker or analyst please do your own due diligence before investing . THIS IS NOT ANY BUY SOLD OR HOLD ADVICE

latest addition
Century Enka Limited
triggers

• 1965, Century Enka Limited produces NTCF-4 tyre industry, HTY-4 technical textiles n NFY-4 apparel industry

• Company Largest producer of nylon yarn in India and quality leader in all the product categories

• CAPEX of ` 309 Crs to strengthen its competitive position in the tire reinforcement market

• Lower interest rates and infrastructure push helped in revival of demand for commercial vehicles and OTR vehicles

• The company also has strong relationship with clients Apollo Tyres Ltd , MRF Ltd, and Ceat Ltd.

• Cheap Radial Tires getting replaced by domestic Bias Tires .

• Tire imports brought under restricted category resulting in steep drop in tire imports

• Company is a market leader with over 25% market share CK BIRLA company

• CEL has introduced for the first time in India Nylon Flat Yarn on paper tube packages, produced from latest generation Draw–Winder machines. This provides flexibility to supply unit package weight of upto 8 kg, which is ideally suitable for high speed processing machines (TFOs) at customer’s end. Apart from package weight, Draw–winder products of CEL are superior in terms of Yarn characteristics, viz. Unwinding performance, runnability & Improved Tenacity as compared to Cops and FDY (Spin–Draw) HOY products

• continuance decrease in debt increase in reserves consistent dividend giver
    Disc : Please study the company and stock before investing in the company i may be biased as i had invested in this . I am not any SEBI approved Broker or analyst please do your own due diligence before investing . THIS IS NOT ANY BUY SOLD OR HOLD ADVICE

2 Likes