Websol energy system ltd

We have come a long way from this update

Now we have got a 13 year big multi year breakout above 177 and now we are well and truly on the way to ATH of 423 if the following things happen over next 6 months

1. Machine arrival
  2. Order notification
  3. Commercial production commencement
  4. Clarity and Funding for atleast next 600 mw

if these things happen we are in for a minimum 2-3x in next 6 months

this is why. When a company starts doing an ATH production, usually ATH price gets achieved and hence that gut feeling of 6 months

1 Like

Thank you, Apoorv, for the wonderful analysis so far. For the topline of 700-800 Cr, even if one gives a P/S of 2, this looks lucrative. Do you have any EBITDA benchmarks? Historical operating margins don’t give any reasonable range for any back-of-the-envelope calculations.

1 Like

I have uploaded my high level model on Websol as a part of my post “Pratik’s portfolio review”

1 Like

Thanks @pahaaadi for the acknowledgment ! The Ebitda margins should be around 15% , 12-15% is safe to assume with scale it should go higher. Uploading a flashnote by B&K
Websol Energy Systems - Flash Note - 07 Sep 23.pdf (199.6 KB)

Anyone noticed the updated products portfolio in websol’s website?. I noticed Mono PERC M10 & M12 cells and modules just two days back and surprisingly enquiry tab was there.
Now it is showing like “website under construction”. Have they started production?
Of course, negative Q2 results expected but will they announce any big bang developments along with Q2 numbers?

The important excerpt from Q2 results.

5 Likes

The new site is live. 2024 could be defining year for the company.

https://www.webelsolar.com/index.php

3 Likes

Government is cooking some good news for SEZ units. Once it is done, It may be a big meal for Websol’s future ambitions.

https://www.business-standard.com/economy/news/govt-could-discard-proposed-desh-bill-amend-sez-act-details-here-123110600280_1.html

1 Like

Interesting writeup by Dr. Malik. He isn’t impressed with company’s history.

1 Like

Yes. The history was not good so as the whole Solar industry in India. A small company like Websol arrived to market with just 1 MW capacity way ahead of its time (Globalization year 1990) and suffered due to unfavorable policies. The traction in this sector was visible late 2010 only. So, there is nothing wrong in calling a spade a spade. Much respect to Vijay malik Sir.
However, the market is always a forward looking one. So, the shareholders must be interested in the future of the business and its potential to create a meaningful value. let’s hope the management walks the talk. It’s just my opinion. Hope the below image summarize this discussion.

Result is on expected line with a surprise announcement. :wink:

Please find below an excerpt from Waaree Energies Ltd DRHP. They recognised Websol as the only listed peer to them as on december 2023. However, it looks like they picked websol to project good numbers to the investors as websol figures are dented due to ongoing capex and old line impairment loss.

So, listing of Waaree should rerate Websol as Websol’s goal post has changed from Cell- Module line to integrated line starting from Ingots -wafer-Cell-Module (Polysilicon would be procured from China or local manufacturers). if this happens, Both waaree and Websol would share the same business segments and both will procure polysilicon outside. of course, there will be a huge difference in final module capacities.

Let us hope Websol starts producing numbers at the time of listing of Waaree energies Ltd.

3 Likes

1 Like

Company announced the Commencement of Commercial production of new Mono PERC Cell line of 600 MW capacity from today. They have already found buyers for the entire production of next 45 days in this FY. (Approx. 80MW). Let’s wait and watch the further developments.

3 Likes

A long long way from that update of mine. Now the next leg of growth should kick in next 2-3 years
I see rhis as Potentially 5000cr topline revenue generating company. 5-6 Gw capacity in next 3-4:years.
Should always be in growth mode and the valuation is free for you to give. At 5 mcap to sales. We are looking at a 10 bagger from here.

The board has approved the issue of 12,10,000 convertible warrants on preferential basis to Promoter Group at Rs.530/Share. So, infusion of Rs. 64.13 Crs for Approx. 2.8% of total shares. Interesting.

1 Like

One more DRHP from another company which has presence in Cell + Module manufacturing compares KPI’s with Websol Energy. India made Solar Cell is the hottest commodity in the world now.

1 Like

A good insight on Solar cell manufacturing process from Premier energies DRHP.

Transitioning from MonoPERC to TOPCon line is easier with less capex. Ms. Vasanthi Sreeram mentioned this point in one of her interviews.

Huge Capex requirement for Solar Cell (almost 3x more than Module) makes it a high entry barrier business in the entire solar module value chain.

As we are aware that Websol is at an inflection point, a huge uptick of 11X in share price shows the same. Management successfully executed the Cell line which is believed to be the most complex process.
I believe the execution of Module line is a cakewalk for the management. Hope the production announcement comes soon.

2 Likes