Tips Industries Limited - Ready to RACE ahead!

They (Tips films shares) are shown as “INE0LQS01015”, for the exact same number of shares as the Tips industries holdings.

1 Like

Tips recently acquired PS-1 & 2 music rights for ₹24 cr. according to news articles,

Is these songs have potential to generate return over acquired cost?

because 24 cr. is huge amount for 12 songs(5 languages) only,

any views on this !

(Is this a trigger of capital mis-allocation!)

Ponniyin Selvan: I
its a movie by Mani ratnam

2 Likes

They will have to go after big ticket Albums for catalogue to remain attractive. Promoter mentioned in the concall that this was done to announce they are also one of the labels who can go for such movies.

They have annual budget of acquiring content of close to ~Rs45Cr. This 24 cr will not hit P&L at once. The second part of the movie will come next year. So ~12Cr on a big banner movie with AR Rehman music doesn’t look bad. All the Streaming apps who dont have Tips catalogue will feel further pressure. They will eventually have to sign the contract with TIPS if they continue such big acquisitions.

Tuarani is a shrewd promoter and he knows what he is doing. One of the thesis point for me to invest in TIPS was the strong capital allocation of Tuarani.

D : Invested, one of the biggest position. Thus comments would be biased

4 Likes

This actually will give leverage to TIPS, as of now many streaming apps are still ignoring TIPS and now they have to get into line…

The expense will hit P&L,atleast the first 12 cr payment this qrtr, wondering how they can escape this, in case of Saregama they carry the cost of acquisition over long period of time splitting the cost over many years. and TIPS doesn’t do that and hence this qrtr profit will take a hit.

TIPS is in the top 5 holdings in PF and hence worried :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In other hand this will show management risk taking capabilities despite of shareholders pressure !

Does anyone know when tips film is listing

Even it’s management also didn’t know as per recently con-call.

My buying price of TIPS shares went down 50% . Can anybody know about what is happening ?

For me the avg price of the share and the invested amount is also down by 50%. Someone please help on this info.

Received this from Zerodha

Can someone please provide some clarity on the cost of funds decrease by 50%

My Invested amount is down 50% as well.

Since its happening to everyone invested I guess there is no reason to worry. Just give a few days for price to adjust and the New Shares of TIPS FILMS LTD. to show in the Demat Account.

But to official notofication “Shareholders of Tips Industries shall be entitled to receive of 1 (one) equity shares of Rs. 10/- each fully paid up of Tips Films for every 3 (three) equity share of Rs. 10/- each fully paid up held in Tips Industries”

It’ll probably take sometime for the Share prices to adjust.

Didn’t the share price get adjusted on the ex-date?

From Personal Experience, I have noticed that in STOCK SPLIT and BONUS STOCKS… it takes a few days for the prices to stabilize.

This is my first DEMERGER EXPERIENCE. I think there is no need to worry.

what is expected valuation of tips films listing ?

adjusted considering this weightage!

this is balance sheet weightage, I’m talking about listing market cap?

I am not able to understand the distribution. We will get shares of TIPS Films which has no revenue no profit for higher price and it will immediately drop.

This seems to be quite bad for investors

1 Like

i don’t understand “higher price”,

what it mean that ?

Lets say you bought 3 share for 1500 RS and now the value dropped 600 RS. What happened to remaining. For 3 shares you will get 1 share of Tips Films. Which mean you spent almost 2700 (3 X 900) rupees on one share of tips films.

Now Tips Films has no business at all.

This does not look good to me

1 Like