Tejas Networks - Product based IT business in a favored sector?

You missed the key point just listen the concall at 52 min onwards there is a question on semiconductor technology. Company says they are into semiconductor design and looking for synergies.

3 Likes

Good news on 5G for Indian company

Tejas to buy Saankhya Labs

2 Likes

As expected TATA will go on increasing their stake. It’s a right step for all share holders.

Did anybody attend Yesterday’s acquisition concall? Kindly share notes or recording. I couldn’t find it posted anywhere.

You keen see investor presentation uploaded, call was on same lines majorly

1 Like

Semiconductor foray by Tejas network

Headlines can be misleading…Saankhya is more into telecom and less into semiconductor. I managements own words:

“This acquisition shows our continued commitment to expand our wireless product offerings to address the growing market opportunity. Saankhya’s products would complement our existing 4G/5G Radio Access Network (RAN) products and position us well for the emerging opportunities in the O-RAN and 5G broadcast space,” Tejas Networks CEO and MD Sanjay Nayak said.

I think it is great acquisition to fill the gaps in Tejas Networks 5G portfolio. With the orderbook mix changing more to international clients compared to domestic, Tejas is in a very interesting position.
Disclaimer: Tracking position

3 Likes
2 Likes

It is a big positive for Tejas which had partnered with TCS for 4G rollout of BSNL. The order is testimony to the robustness of their equipment. I quote Nayak of Tejas in his Q3 FY 22 concall on what it could mean for them in terms of revenue. Quote:
Sunny Gosar: Thanks for taking my question. Basically I would like to understand what is scope of the BSNL
solely tenders basically in terms of if this order is to materialize what is the revenue opportunity
for us and what is the timeline we should look for this order?
Sanjay Nayak: First of all, let me outline the steps on that. Number one is that the proof of concept, which is
going on has to complete. At this point in time, there is only one indigenous stack, which is
completing the proof of concept. None of the other stacks came up to the level that we have
today. That activity should get completed over the next few weeks. It has been going on for about
four months plus, but lot of testing and lot of things have happened, but formally it has to close
and that is part one. After that commercial process will start. The intent of BSNL is to rollout this
network in the next financial year and may be it may spill over materially to the following
financial year as well. In terms of the price of the thing, I would not want to point out a number,
but anywhere between 57000 sites to 100,000 sites is what they want to cover. And that if we are
able to find, there is a lot of ifs before that of course, but if all of that happens it could mean a
few thousand Crores of revenue for us. Unquote

3 Likes

I understand Tejas is partnering with other Tata companies, but why the news mentions just TCS?

Transcript of the concall is updated and it is quite detailed as compared to presentation alone

2 Likes

Tata communication and tejas are linked to each other ?

They are different companies, but now under the same ownership i.e Tata Sons. Before Tata’s Tejas acquisition, Tata communication was Tejas networks client. They used Tejas networking equipment. Now after the acquisition, there are a lot of synergies. Tata communication can help Tejas expand globally.

Tata Communication provides the backbone behind the global Internet network. They have their own submarine laid underwater global cable network. They also provide many other services like UCAAS, Cloud, and many other services. Almost 300 out of fortune 500 companies are their clients.

Tejas Networks deals in equipment used to build Networks.

So Tejas can now leverage Tata communication clients relations. Mr. Amur S. Lakshminarayanan CEO & MD of Tata Communications is now one of the Tejas Networks director.

3 Likes

Tejas’ strategy going forward as clarified by management is:

One of the important highlight which Sanjay mentioned during the concall that differentiate Tejas from its global competitor is

The synergies will start to play out from FY24 mostly as the management confirms and it all depends on O-RAN development. The sales team in Tejas needs to ramp-up along with technological developments as they have both the brand and technology-led product access.

Saankhya has deep expertise in DSP which is a critical fundamental part of the wireless technology.

So overall the acquisition is a great one given the plethora of opportunities it opens up across the globe across the domains.

Disc.: Invested

5 Likes

https://swarajyamag.com/business/five-key-developments-that-hint-at-tata-groups-increasing-role-in-indias-quest-for-atmanirbharta-in-electronics-manufacturing

This article gives an idea of how Tejas fits in with the grand plan of the Tatas on the telecom/electronics/semiconductor space.

Disc: Invested

8 Likes

https://www.financialexpress.com/industry/cdot-tcs-partnership-likely-to-launch-5g-core-solution-soon/2521217/

Though the article does not mention Tejas, it will have a major role to play in the 4G/5G roll out.

Disc: Invested

1 Like
2 Likes

Discl: Invested and hence biased

2 Likes