Tata Motors - DVR

Here is the answer.

“A” Ordinary shares are nothing bus DVR

So DVR holders are eligible in 10% reserved category.

5 Likes

I got the email as well from Tata Motors. But it’s not clear whether if I don’t bid, will I get free shares of Tata Technologies. If yes, then what will be the no of shares or ratio in which they will allot the shares.

At the outset, it appears to me that you get only if you bid. In bid, there is reservation and it can get in to lottery there too if bidding is more than 1x. Since 2 L ceiling is there, I think retail investors may get allotment. I did not do any calculation to check if that is reasonable or not. If some one does a calculation, please share it here.

1 Like

My broker confirmed that I will have to do bidding under shareholder category for the allotment. No bonus or free shares.

It is analytical with contrarian views from Rahul shah of equitymaster.com . interesting read

2 Likes

Nice article! I invested in TATA Motors DVR when TATA motors main shares were facing troubles and there was a wide gap between main and DVR shares. Bought at 86 and within 4-5 years, it has grown 5.5x.

3 Likes

The stock has run up a lot in last 2-3 years and has given handsome returns, however i am concerned about the future now. How far can it grow?
It already has a mkt cap of 2.5 lakh crore. Can anyone give some idea about expected growth rate for the next 5 years?
Disclosure- Invested from lower levels

1 Like

https://auto.economictimes.indiatimes.com/l.php?email=gautam.c87@gmail.com&emid=dktSRzZuUmFBbEVHTWVpcVpBNGVIWDdsa0xXSXZrQ2hCN0d4ejRudFkrTT0=&ecid=R0hKYWtyOWVxQlgvSGEyaXlUVUlsdz09&ecpid=R0hKYWtyOWVxQlgvSGEyaXlUVUlsdz09&nluid=bzZQZHRDRTJxTWpJUklPM0w3bWhIQT09&ornid=NnNWRUthU2E4WlVDUGJ6akE3R2RoUT09&clid=501477

Earlier this month CMVR type approval certificate was awarded to TAMO for india’s first green hydrogen fuel cell EV (Bus) for their model Starbus 4/12 FCEV and vairants.

CV ( Bus segment will pickup as states will try to order more and more of flex fuel or EV engines)

1 Like

3 Likes

With Tata Motors market cap coming close to Maruti, your holding has paid off so far… :clap:
Request experts in this field @GourabPaul to kindly help understand if Tata motors EV edge over Maruti be sustained? Heard Maruti’s first EV would be launched by 2025 only, so almost 1 more year!
Also JLR sales seem to be doing well; with retail sales up 29% as compared to last year.

NB: Valuation wise, on P/B perspective Maruti is now trading at a discount to Tata Motors

1 Like

1 Like

TAMO MoM 13% increase

3 Likes

To the experts, I would appreciate your insights on how to interpret this. While reviewing the annual reports of Tata Motors and Maruti Suzuki, I noticed a discrepancy in their publicity, marketing, advertisement, and sales promotion expenses. Tata Motors’ expenses seem disproportionately high compared to Maruti’s. Could you please help me understand if there’s something I’m overlooking?

Tata Motors expenses: 6035 crores
Maruti Suzuki expenses: 1376.5 crores

Also look at the expenses towards warranty claims, for Tata they are around 10,497 crores, while the same for Maruti are around 135 crores.

2 Likes

TTM sales of Tata Motors.

TTM sales of Maruti

maybe you can take a percentage of sales to compare. For warranty claims, I am not sure if JLR had to do a vehicle recall. Also EV related warranty claims are generally higher.

Disclosure : Invested in Tata Motors

3 Likes

Maruti usually commanded good premium Vs tata coz it was a pure PV play. Now it would be a Institutional pro move as many wanted to invest in PV vs CV. 70% EV market share.

Demand for CV is also expanding - new road getting constructed - Scrapage policy - CV demands would come for sure. Strong Number 1 in CV (TAMO)

PV

CV

CV + PV + JLR

7 Likes

Markets eye Tata Sons listing in the next 18 months !

Tata Motors owns 3% in tata sons

2 Likes

2 Likes