Tar's Portfolio and Information Attic

Please go through AR , concalls and compare the same with what is happening on the ground. Management energy is wasted on so many things like merger, acquisitions, etc. I would love a company with focus on the business which grows slowly rather in a hurry and rather acting like an Investment Banker. A doubt. But somebody is trying to protect the price going by the recent price action after the results and a big write-off. Most probably Q3 we will have an answer for all these questions and doubts.

Congrats! Looking forward to the session!

7 Likes

Thank you! see you there :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hi @Tar

Curious if the derating of Laurus and the degrowth in ARV business concerns you, given that it is such a large part of your portfolio. And are you holding, lightning or doubling down. I’m sure you would have gone through the recent discussions on its VP thread which I found quite insightful.

Disclusure: I have just 2.5% if my PF allocated to Laurus (have been adding in small quantities for the past few days). I am evaluating scaling it up significantly at some point in this correction.

6 Likes

Hi @Tar, I can see that you have not included Strides in your Special Situations Dashboard. Does that mean demerger is off or is there any uncertainity around it ?

Have about 12% of my portfolio in Strides and heavily bleeding. Eagerly waiting for some announcements about results and demerger from Strides.

1 Like

Hi, the dashboard is still in its infancy. It doesn’t include all the information. Updating it over this week and next to include everything.

Strides and Stelis Demerger is a long way to go, they haven’t even approached regulators yet, so it’s going to take sometime.

Thanks for the quick reply @Tar highly appreciated

Hello Tar,
Recently came to know that you’ve taken a fresh position in Hero MotoCorp a few days back. Could you be able to provide an update to your portfolio, as to how your allocation has been since the last time you updated it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey everyone,

Sorry for diverting the discussion on the thread, but I was wondering if anyone is aware about VIX ETF or similar products in India , given that the VIX futures have been discontinued.
To my mind, to get exposure to VIX products , we would have to open a foreign equities and probably invest in VIX ETFs available in the US market.

Appreciate any info on this .

Hey @Tar amazing thread! Just wann ask your views on acrysil, tata motors , tata power!?

Portfolio as of 30th Dec 2021

Sr. No Stock Name Weightage
1 Borosil Renewables 18%
2 Laurus Labs 15%
3 IndiaBulls Real Estate 10%
4 IEX 9%
5 Jubilant Ingrevia 7%
6 Mastek 7%
7 Meta Platforms 7%
8 Cash 7%
9 China Fund 5%
10 Hero MotoCorp 5%
11 Roblox 3%
12 Nasdaq 100 3%
13 Rocket Lab 2%
14 Planet Labs 2%
15 Coupang 2%

28 Likes

Hi Tar,

good to know that you have concentrated portfolio with marginal diversification, it takes lot of conviction to have such portfolio. Kudos!

How much marginal cost will it add to hold international businesses in India and is it tax friendly?
Your investment theme of having more small & midcaps for long term compounding can accommodate Meta platforms, coupang & Hero moto corp? Yes, I agree they may have long runway for growth! but rate of growth can be comparable to your well researched small and mid caps?:thinking:

Finally, how will you manage your time to research and track your investments all over the world! when you are having full time work? :upside_down_face:

Thank you!

3 Likes

Hi Tariq,

Wanted to know whether you invest in any MF’s also apart from these holdings?

Only Nasdaq100 and Edelweiss China Fund.

6 Likes

Hi Tar,
I saw you have offloaded your entire exposure from Sequent . Just wanted to know was it because of the valuations or do you foresee growth hindering away, also would like to hear your 2 cents w.r.t current scenario.

Hi, yes I sold it around 290. The headwinds are prevalent for many years and the company is doing the right thing by optimising for future long term growth rather than short term increase in profits.

The valuations were extended and I could sense that majority of investors will not be willing to hold it for 2-3 years in face of continued headwinds. So I got out.

I expect the stock to remain subdued, if not correct more. It’s in my watchlist and I shall revisit it in late 2023 when earnings growth kick in.

16 Likes

Hi Tar

You had significant holding in strides. It seems you have exited fully.

What was trigger for exit and would you relook at this?

Thanks

@Tar Was curious about any change on your views on Jubilant Ingrevia’s court cases

Since you recently shared your holdings , any change in views since above convo. Thanks.

2 Likes

Took the risk, valuations were/are cheap enough
No investment comes without risk

2 Likes

Yes I exited as soon as the results came out and they went with acquisition of Endo
Going in, promoter strategy change was a key risk for my thesis, so when story didn’t play out, I exited completely

2 Likes