SmallCap Hunter : Trying to find the dark horses with triggers

Would like to know your valuable thoughts on the business…

The average margin is 5-6% …trying to find a reason why it suddenly went 10% …any anybody have idea?

Not sure about sector as a whole but i think HFCL is in favour.
Net debt ~ 0.71 times EBITDA,
Interest cover of 8.7 times more than adequate.
EBIT increase by 7.9% over twelve months.
D-i’ve gone with Quant MF & Invested ~70 level, not a recommendation, not registered advisor.

Existing Thread on this forum.

2 Likes

Pls discuss about Spels. It is good or bad for us.

I think you should stay away from this company.

Sales is down
Ebitda Margin is down
Very high EV/Ebitda ratio
PE is very high

Company is loss making but down know who is buying the company because it is creating new highs

Is it hype of new upcoming ipo Polymatech Semiconductor?

3 Likes

The markets have gone mental, High PE and low growth stocks are making new highs every day with anticipation of growth and news while good companies with sound financials and decent valuations are dead.

7 Likes

I tried but theres nothing, no information whatsoever on how the business is doing what is their outlook etc.
If anyone can pls share any info they have.

Agreed. This is due to increased retail participation, while private equity is selling everything.

1 Like

Thank u for clearing my thought.

2023 was a great year for the small-cap index with a staggering 47.5% returns. Statistically 2024 might be a year of consolidation. It will be tough for markets to repeat this performance for two subsequent years.

2023 was also a year of bank failures in the US. Silicon Valley Bank, First Republic Bank, Signature Bank and Credit Suisse (almost) went bankrupt. For a moment it felt like 2008. But somehow the problem was contained and was not allowed to spread to the Global Financial system.

After a 20% rally from JUL-2023 the PE for the small-cap index has climbed to 32. Let’s see what 2024 holds for the markets.

4 Likes

What’s the thesis behind the single property selection? Did you dive deep into Advani hotels?

Single property was only for comparison purposes. Advani Hotels did have the upper hand as the property is based out of the most favoured holiday destination.

1 Like

Yes Advani hotels numbers are really attractive. However, they are not reinvesting their earnings back in the business for growth. Do you have any thesis on Advani Hotels?

Ketan your inputs are priceless and yes the chips are loaded against India in solar modules . but it seems this Waree seems to be making a big break with a large order from American majors who are looking for China alternatives … they must be knowing something which all of us sceptics cant fathom …
Malolan

Such items are really commodity with no right to win… It might so happen that company gets couple of big orders from state governments or civic bodies etc … but cant imagine making a big impact

Malolan

Hello Meet Kush

Forgings is not a really value added area . mostly one gets paid on machine hour basis … and even Ramkrishna and Bharat Forge have struggled to generate economic profits and return on capital.

Only if a company is making machined parts which required design inputs apart from casting foundry or forging press makes sense to invest…
I am purely looking from a business viability perspective… else any companys share price can be pulled up by operators
Malolan

2 Likes

My apologies, but I never mentioned that they do any forgings, or are talking about forging as their value added products. Infact, they are not into forgings yet, not sure if they were doing it earlier (although given their name, forgings business makes most sense).

By value added products, they mean stainless steel and specialized steel products, collated nails for white labeling, pneumatic nails, oil tempered wires mainly used in auto sector. Again, forging is not what they do or intend to do yet.

DIsc: Not invested, tracking.

Unfortunately, that is the case with the single-property companies. I would rather prefer Samhi Hotels with 31 properties and ~3600 Cr MCAP

It looks like the company is looking to delist - offering price of Rs 155. Interestingly the book value of Shardul Securities is close to double that of its market price. Hence I expect that the promoters will likely not get to 90% at the price they are currently offering.

have you collected any new information on systango ? because recently i have started tracking that stock

1 Like