Skipper Ltd., (Power and Water) a moat in making?

• Earnings Review | Business Outlook | Exclusive Interview
5 Likes

Had posted this image over the weekend. No idea why the post was flagged and booted?

765kV tension tower under test for the power grid corporation of India

Mfg by Skipper.

2 Likes

Promoter Holding has come down by 5% in February 24 as that of December 23. Any Idea about this?

1 Like

Seems to be because of the rights shares issued during the Q4, there was no promoter selling reported by company. However more clarity will come once the Q4 Share holding is issued.

2 Likes

Yes, it is due to Rights Issue only.

But Ventex Trade Acquirer (also a promoter) has acquired a total of 23400 shares on 20, 21 and 22 March during the fall.

But if the prospects are great wont the promoter also would have subscribed to the rights issue keeping his holding percentage intact.

TRIL’s results are indicative of what’s going on in the sector.

APAR’s bullish commentary is indicative of what’s going on in the sector.

I am expecting blockbuster results from Skipper with even better commentary for FY25.

1 Like

As of now bullishness and award backlog does seem to be the issue to me. I believe the bottleneck at the moment for next few years is capacity constraint for Skipper. They are at about 85-90% right now and are yet to announce brownfield (takes 7-8 months for operation) and greenfield (takes 2-3 years for operation) strategy.

1 Like

They have spoken about being open to acquisitions.

They aim to become World #1 and are working towards achieving that.

They should’ve not sure why they didn’t, maybe can be asked in the concall.

I’m bullish on this as they have the capabilities and focus of the company is back now. Plus demand is huge. I believe we’re not able to properly estimate the demand.

Electrification is huge as of now and with Data Centers coming in this is going to go up only. Plus I like their scale up in Pipes segment which is also doing well.

Expecting nothing lesser at least in the near term.

2 Likes

Hi, i have a small position in this and have been following updates and newsflow. They want to be the global number one and have been talking about it often. Do you think this is possible, and if yes, how could the story pan out?

Yes they’ve spoken about it on news and the fact that promotors are openly declaring this goal is in itself an indication that they are doing everything they can to achieve it, and, that maybe they feel they can achieve it and hence are openly declaring it.

I feel Q4 numbers and commentary will give the market a clear picture.

The sector has massively insane tailwinds and the company may be at a crossing the chasm stage.

Only poor execution, poor management and poor decisions can slow their growth. I don’t think order inflow will be a concern. They have to be on top of quality and execution.

4 Likes

Thank you for your views. Let’s hope for the best. Yes, the sector is poised for a massive expansion as we move from Thermal etc to renewable. Btw, who are their closest rivals outside China?

China and Turkey, I believe.

90b26c19-18f7-4ed9-b173-ca8fb614e2a8.pdf (6.0 MB)

Dramatic rise in revenue, announces capex.

Just attended the concall, just could not understand why was EBITDA margins still low around 10% and management has also guided for 10.5% EBIDTA margin for next FY, being amongst the world’s largest T&D company and also being integrated and also now since they are increasing their capacity utilisation operating leverage should kick in.

8 Likes

They guided for 25% growth, but delivered 75% revenue growth.

Margins still around 10%.

Next FY guidance, again 25% growth and 10% margins on a higher base.

So, how are people viewing the result?

Did they mention why tax rate is so high?
I was expecting better margins with such big revenue growth.

Skipper management in Q4-FY24 concall said they move to new tax regime(25% tax rate ) in FY25

2 Likes