Screener.in: The destination for Intelligent Screening & Reporting in India

Check out Koyfin. They have a fab platform as well. And it is free, at least so far :slight_smile:

Thank you! just checked them out. UX lacks the simplicity of screener but works for now :slight_smile:

https://www.screener.in/company/id/1274830/
No info for this company. Please check.

Any plans to cover things like Magic Formula?

https://www.screener.in/screens/59/Magic-Formula/

@pratyushmittal bhai, screener keeps on getting better and our expectations keep increasing so sorry about that. However, I have a few suggestions that i would certainly been wanting

1. In the chart section we have pe, price, sales/margin. Do consider the possibility of adding a dividend yield chart, p/b chart esp the div yield chart will be really helpful.

2. Common size statements for balance sheet and income statement

3. In the cash flow statement, interest is shown as a financing item. Do consider the option of moving it to CFO for those who want it as it’s an operational item.

4. WC days in the ratio section. I know it’s possible to create a custom ratio but it helps a lot to see the trend in WC days (we only have inventory turnover and receivables days)

5. Roe trend Is only available for finance cos , if you can do this for other cos as well it would be a good help

6. Dupont calculation trend and breakup. Really useful to see where the roe is coming from

Thank you for the wonderful job you are doing ! Please do consider above mentioned changes

10 Likes

@pratyushmittal
Can we have Sector and Industry name as query parameter while creating a screener, it would help a lot to screen a particular sector like for example sugar?

2 Likes

This does not help as earning yields and ROIC in magic formulae are calculated differently.

It’s available, but a premium feature.

Hi @msandip , you can create a query and after getting the results, use the industry filter

Thanks Ayush, I have got this. I missed to notice this earlier.

@ayushmit hello ayush bhaiya.can you share how to create screen for companies receiving advance from customers

We do have a variable “advance from customer”. You can use that and search for relevant cos.

On similar thoughts, I had earlier created a screen to search for cos with negative working capital- Float - Screener

4 Likes

Hi. Can you please check the Net block and Net block preceding year for Hindustan Unilever . The values provided are 51,312 cr and 4,715 cr. ? Certainly something is amiss here. @ayushmit @pratyushmittal .
Really love the key points section at the top

Hi
I need a help in saving customised column in saved screen… Presently same column reflected in all the the screens and there is no option available to set different column for different screens… I feel that there should be option to save the screen with customised column, so that we may have different columns for different screens. Please make it possible, it will be really helpful. @ayushmit

Thank you

Dinesh

1 Like

@pratyushmittal @ayushmit

Found a bug, can you please have a look:
After you select Product Segments from Quarterly Results or Profit & Loss, if you click on the last selected tab (say Amount or Growth or Margin) in any of the segment, the segment will just go away. In case you click on any other tab which is not selected, it works fine. If you click on Close Segments and again go to Product Segments, everything will come back again.

Yes, this would be quite useful @ayushmit @pratyushmittal

Also, the Sector and Industry classification needs considerable clean-up as the peer comparison table often displays quite unrelated names even when close peers are available. I had written one such case here Screener.in: The destination for Intelligent Screening & Reporting in India - #813 by Chandragupta but there are many such instances. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting Sandip. Have fixed it now.

2 Likes

Totally agree on the messiness in the current industry and sector classification. We have few ideas to fix it.

We show the classification that is provided by our data providers. It is little dated and hard to fix at their level.

We plan to use NIC codes provided in annual reports for better classification. Also use tag system instead of a hierarchy. But it will require some hard refactoring. Thus have been postponing it. Will try to prioritise now :+1:t3:.

8 Likes

Pratyush
Are or will common size statements be available for both P&L and BS
For either this or premium account.

1 Like