Potential wealth creators portfolio: Views Invited

Yes I’m more of a growth investor . N approach in most of my stocks are coffee can .
3-4 stocks related newspapers I read that helps me to get stocks related news as almost all stocks I hold are quality ones and if anything wrong happens, news will b out for sure .

N I don’t overthink and don’t go 4 digging balance sheets every quarter, concall and all . Most are well established names so till fundamentals are good, I’m fine with holding it .
Even I’m okay with so called overvalued stocks , as I know if its keep on growing, generate cash flow etc it can sustain that valuations for long. Eg. PI Industries and Pidilite , Berger was always a highly valued stock still they are .
As my investment time is very long say 20-25 years .

In March 20 crash i was fully invested and my portfolio returns came down till 23% still I hold all stocks n added few more. By December 2 yrs returns were around 74%
So it’s just mindset n patience.
I invest mostly in Pharmaceutical, IT/ Technology , consumer, Financial , Speciality chemicals .

I hold around 30-35 stocks. N by consolidation u mean stocks below 20 , I don’t think till the time every stock is performing well I will sell any . I c no need , just for numbers i won’t.
As i am from legal field I have lot of limitations . So rational diversification i do.

I’m not in a mindset to keep 3-4 stocks in my portfolio and try to gain tremendous wealth in short period of time . I like compounding n wealth generation steadily with medium risk

4 Likes

E - Vehicle potential stocks

2 Likes

Minda insdustries is a good one…I own it from auto ancillary space along with Suprajit and Motherson…

Whats ur view between havells and polycab…I thought polycab has better potential for growth and offers more value at this price than havells…so I sold out from havells and have put it in polycab

I hold the same views. That y I bought Polycab over havells. Valuations reasonable and good growth prospect .

Havells i was just tracking, thought of getting a opinion of others so posted .
Havells is a good franchise and it’s future looks good. loyyd started gaining traction.

In consumer durables I hold Crompton greaves as well…

1 Like

I was about to buy suparajit but news of sebi fine on them for insider trading, changed my mind. So I stopped tracking as I always prefer clean companies. N there r lot of other stocks
N their halogen Bulbs will b replaced by LED .

Minda is good, but currently high valuations

Motherson I might buy, as I feel it’s one of the best auto ancillary bet , if incase the so called E vehicle Boom happens.

Complete exit: IOL Pharmaceutical and Chemicals

Bought:

1. KNR construction : Infra sector outlook for next few years are good. I think KNR is best Bet
  2. Intellect design arena : BFSI Product Software bet . A small tracking positive

Watchlist:

1. Motherson sumi
  2. Havells
  3. Persistent system
  4. LTTS

Views and suggestions invited

1 Like

This study shows there is no significant correlation between starting period valuations (i.e. at the beginning of the concerned period) and subsequent long-term returns .
Provided an investor can build a portfolio of Quality consistent compounders.

The reason if I buy Havells would be its Llyod portfolio, so I would keep a close watch on Llyod performance as I track it. Reason being I am interested in excellent white good franchisee for long term, so not really bothered of the electricals part of the portfolio, unless it is a drag. Llyod is not an excellent brand but looks like Havells have it in them to transform it. Not sure how significant is llyod part in current revenue/profit mix of Havells…would be good to know that as we track it going forward.
Disc: Hold a very small tracking position. Not a buy/sell recommendation

1 Like

Completely agree with you.
Even I started tracking it for for its llyod business. Positives are there

Recently The company has announced that it is planning to set up a new facility to manufacture washing machines and AC .

Competition is stiff . Listed players like Whirlpool and in AC voltas, bluestar .
N a big list of unlisted ones .

If havells can transform it then it will create huge value to them an shareholder.

How to evaluate stocks before investing in them

Download Economic Times App to stay updated with Business News -
https://etapp.onelink.me/tOvY/135dde21

No, I am not tracking the happiest minds.

Thanks Jaisish. But I m confused in between Motherson Sumi and Minda Industries. Though I am holding Minda Industries, but if you see current run, Motherson Sumi is running higher. Though technically Motherson Sumi has lot of debt and less ROe and ROCE.

It’s a good quality stock.but richly valued at present

I think both Minda Industries and Motherson sumi will be highly beneficial if E-Vehicle Push happens .

Even Endurance is good.

Have not invested in any. But if I get into auto ancillary these will be my bets.

Sandhar technology is stock to watch in auto ancillary sector. E vehicle great future.

1 Like

:+1:t2: surly I will go through.

E- Vehicle push is inevitable. UK has set the target of 2030 to go completely E- vehicle . Volvo, ford already planned to do the same in UK

In India it will take time. That y i read in a expert interview.

They best way play this theme is Auto Ancillary which has global exposure.
That’s y Motherson is favoured.

Minda industries do have OEM exposure.

Endurance I’ve check…

Just dial seems interesting.
Missed indiamart. Compared to it JD valuations r cheap . N it looks promising in its new B2b business

Happiest Minds has good potential. My only concern is about over dependence o Mr. Soota. IMHO understanding Succesion planning is essential for long term investing. Disclosure: Not invested

1 Like
1 Like

Low top line and bottom line growth is the issue…company is good but growth will not be that high