Potential wealth creators portfolio: Views Invited

Do u track Happiest mind ?
Any suggestions

Invested in Happiest minds…bought it after listing…was waiting on the sidelines and now it has started showing some move…it is more into digital space where the margins are better and growth is there…so there are chances that at least for the next few years it may grow at around 20% instead of the single digit growth of the bigger names in the IT services industry…always check what is the revenue % coming from digital and how quick is the digital vertical growing…that will help u track the IT companies which will help u make more money

Yes Thank you

I hold Infosys in service
N Route and Affle from Digital space

Happiest seems interesting

I don’t understand IT sector much but as a long term investor can’t ignore it. So as safe bet I hold Infosys.
But as IT sectoral Tailwind is happening, I like to take more exposure especially midcap .

I was analysing IT firms which are purely into product businesses .
Like Intellect Technologies Ramco Systems Nucleus Software etc .

Is it like these sectors May show small spurts of growth once in a while if they win a few good contracts? N after that will it be subdued growth ?
Will they be able to sustain growth when IT sector take a downturn?
Are these IT product business cyclical in nature?

It will be very helpful if some1 can answer.

It depends. If the product is good and is well defended by patents, then it can be worth to be in the stock. Otherwise, cheaper competitors do appear soon. IT contracts are by nature lumpy especially product companies unless it’s a runaway hit product. Key is always locked in customers on rental mode. Like office 360 of MS. If you find that in these companies or they’re in a niche that will take years to bring in an alternative, it’s a good thing.

IT is cyclical AND geo political especially in the Indian context vide visas/outsourcing. A look at various IT services firm’s stock price will affirm that view

Completely agree with you… Thanks for valuable insight…

Do u track intellect design arena? Does it come under this? :point_up_2:t2: Any views

I have not invested in IT sector at all except HCL 5 years ago and that I exited when I got some 15% return

Why keeping away from IT sector?
Any Specific reason ?

I cant make sense of the numbers in terms of deals and clients added etc. There is a long answer but IT stocks have a fleeting notion to any advantage they possess, taken over by new tech overnight. For example, IT infra management was a big thing for Indian service companies with the promise to scale DBA/sysadmins/nw engg headcount by the thousands. It started well and it all suddenly went away with AWS “infra as code” cloud with automated systems to do 90% of the work done manually earlier

Good insight
And what about Platform technology Based stocks like infoedge, Affle, route, indiamart?

Ur views. U avoid that as well?

I do avoid because I have a unwarranted scepticism of IT in general and more focusedly, I haven’t researched any of the companies. if anything I’d be a pure speculator in these companies. In fact, I invest and exit on transient bad news like

Insider trading news(stock usually falls by 15- 25%)
CFO runs off with the housemaid/resigns abruptly for purely personal reasons
minor fraud like mid level emp. faking the books

All these take a few days to pan out before the stock price jumps back after rapidly falling. Only time I get in. (Divis shares I got it cheap when it fell to 625)

If the Auditor resigns, I dont bother researching anything about the company, I just stay away.

Even I play safe with IT . Hold Infosys from low level
Affle and Route are IPO bets

Hello All,

Any auto ancillary stocks to keep an eye on considering E-Vehicle push in India?

Electric vehicles market in India is Might steadily take off…

Views invited

Currently tracking: Motherson sumi

Not specific to EV theme but endurance technology is a good auto ancillary . They are getting new client orders quarter by quarter . ABS in 2 wheelers is a big opportunity .

TY nibin … in Auto ancillary space I looked for some quality stocks
Endurance is one if the. Still Resonable valuations and good fundamentals

Other like Suprajit Engineering , subros , Lumax , Motherson sumi also had my attention.

Disclosure: no investment in any of these stocks

Where do you see Minda Industries in Auto Ancillary?

How do you follow so many stocks? Do you have a coffee can approach for some stocks, so that they don’t need to checked or certain stocks have negligible weight so that you follow the weighted stocks and don’t check these negligible ones? Or they all belong to a few sectors, so if the best one/ones are checked the others need not be checked as they reflect the same performance of their peers? Are you thinking of consolidating in the future?