Potential wealth creators portfolio: Views Invited

Hello Hemant

LTTS Nearest Listed competitor Tata Elxsi . Can u please list down some reason why u prefered LTTS over Elxsi .
Currently I’m tracking LTTS . Insight will be helpful
I’m tracking

1 Like

Ok sure I will track these three .
Cement stocks are cyclical. But I’m studying all sectors. Without knowing it’s not fair to eliminate any sectors Stocks

1 Like

Tata Elxsi has more dependence on top client JLR. And if auto cycle reverses, it is a huge risk. The management is trying to diversify, but we should see how it goes. The capabilities of LTTS are second to none. After Covid, ER&D is going to come back in a big way especially in manufacturing, albeit with a six month lag. This will help LTTS. The recent 100 million dollar deal win is a testimony to that.

2 Likes

Okay. Thanks for info .
Yes Tata - JRL link . Got the point…

N do your track Mastek and intellect design ?? Any views both

Not tracking mastek. But intellect is at an interesting point. They are at the monetisation phase after the R&D for the last 3 years. Management guided for min 30% growth in eps.

Disclose: invested in intellect

Ok Ty

In small cap IT stocks Intellect Design Arena Ltd seems to be a good bet

During March 2020 market crash I bought few small and micro cap stocks. 5% of my portfolio I keep in High risk category.
In few of them like Nippon Amc , Subros, vidhi Speciality ,Jbm Auto i completely exited… At present I hold:

1. KEI wires- Average Price -249 CMP - 397
  2. Shivalik Rasayan- Average Price -300 CMP - 690
  3. JB chemicals - Average Price -452 CMP - 1191
  4. Apollo Tricoat Average Price -352 CMP - 897
  5. Sumitomo Average Price -241 CMP - 310
  6. IOL chemicals
    Average Price -298 CMP - 679

Any of these are of any worth for holding long term? Or should I book profit?
Suggestions invited

Hi Gaurav,
I think SIP is a good strategy. Many of my experienced seniors follow this. If you find that you don’t have enough funds every month to invest in all your chosen stocks, you can invest in a few companies in the current month and some in next month and the rest in next to next month. And can carry on like this. The idea is to keep equal % allocation (based on current value) in every stock in the portfolio.
Also, you can buy as less as one share per stock. You don’t need to buy large quantity of every stock each month if you are consistently investing every month.

And for your risky bets, you can add them during the dip or close to their support zones instead of going for SIP.

I hope I made some sense. Let me know if you need more explanation.
Thank you, Akshara.

1 Like

Well said. I does the same. When a stock falls around 10-12% i add more or during market crash for 2-3 days which comes atleast in 30-40 days .

1 Like

Why? Did you add this as short term play only? Auto cycle hasn’t yet started. Only pent-up demand was there. In addition to being market leader in automotive air conditioning, the company is supplying compressors, condensers, heat exchangers to AC companies which are usually imported from China. They also contract manufacture Room ACs, a new vertical for them which is growing quite well. They are also offer a complete range of Transport Refrigeration Solutions which is slated to benefit from vaccine delivery and surge in RTE, RTC consumption. They are a Denso associate and partner of Suzuki.

This is a pure quality business which is becoming better each year. With a mcap of only 2000 Cr there is an ample scope for this company to grow much bigger.

Disc: Invested around 150. Highly bullish & biased on its prospects. Not a recommendation.

1 Like

Yes i added lumax n subros during March fall . As short term play .
As auto is a cyclical sector n I don’t understand much sectors like auto, metal, real estate… sometimes at opportunity I buy for short term. Lumax , subros, godrej properties, Minda corporations i booked profit wen it was up 60-70% up …
And wanted to reduce my portfolio size as well . So thought of selling off cyclical stocks n adding more consistent performers…

But hi sujay , ty for info . I will keep subros in watchlist . Let’s c how it’s goes …

1 Like

Currently tracking

1. Persistent system
  2. Sudarshan chemicals.

Views r invited if any1 tracking these .

Agreed. I think it is a good way to continue SIP. I had started working on the same lines.

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

All the best gaurav .

My suggestion is don’t shuffle your portfolio much every now and then .
Buy stocks which you can hold for atleast five years if fundamentals are good throughout.

While picking I think, if a particular stock is down 10-15% will i be comfortable adding it more or I will get in panic mode :grimacing:

If the answer is positive i get in that stock . As I believe correction are opportunities to add more…

Even I analyse how successful a particular stock is cutting its all time and 52 weeks high n keep Creating a new one. Consistently. Example- Relaxo, Astral

Caveat here is all these are applicable to fundamentally strong , consistent stocks

All My views and stocks selections are with the mindset of staying in a market For 20 plus years. So it might be irrelevant for short term investor

Agreed Aniesh. Building conviction in the stocks that we pick is of utmost importance.

I’m also thinking from the long term perspective only. What I have done is picked up stocks which I think will create value for the coming decade. So, minimum holding time for me is 10 years :smiley:

Good.

if you don’t feel comfortable owning a stock for 10 years, you shouldn’t own it for 10 minutes. - Buffet on long term investment

I firmly believe this quote …

You become a part-owner of the company when you purchase shares . So atleast 5 years to be given for a company to perform.
But yes Knowing when to sell is just as important as buying.
Good luck

1 Like

Anyone tracking Bajaj health care?

Company has delivered profit growth of 24.52% CAGR over last 5 years

I have 70% stocks common with u…both are sailing in the same boat :grinning:

Ya saw your portfolio :blush:. it’s a quality one .
Only difference is I hold few IT stocks

But that’s fine if you have no conviction on that sector.

N as u mentioned u invest in MF so there I will be a part of portfolio

All the best.

Got in Knr construction - small tracking position . Got out of my comfort space and bought infra stocks.
Future outlook looks good and I believe KNR is best stock to play Infra space .

Currently tracking Happiest Mind .

Views invited