Potential wealth creators portfolio: Views Invited

Laurus lab - it’s a good company good but now it’s having some headwinds . Overall API business it has over dependency in HIV ARVs , although they have got into other business segments , needs to keep a look how it progresses.
It’s was 5x for me , but i moved to bit more stable player divis lab .

RHI - A quality MNC which has a global leadership but the business is cyclical , .

Equtas bank - I’m not tracking it . In Financials i like to stick with leaders of that segment ,
i hold AU bank

1 Like

thanks for your response :smiley:
i have few more ques
1.do you think tata motors is overvalued and overstretched and not an early adopter of ev theme ( and the best this field for long term)?
2.whats your views on healthcare stocks that are going to end their capex plan anytime soon ( asterdm and hcg)

I think tata motors has done much better on EV side as compared to other players.
It’s seems overvalued. But With tata elexi on software side,tata power for charging and with the capital strength they have the can do well in future on EV side. Debt , inconsistent Top-bottom line and on net profit side it’s still loss making .
But I’m not very bullish on any Auto companies as still it’s uncertain who will gain in EV segment.
Few Auto ancillary players look better bet .

I don’t track hospital stocks . This sector is high capital intensive and again on financial side there is no consistency in most of the companies.

3 Likes

hey aniesh whats your views on tcs buyback like most of the people are buying good qty of tcs to sell in a buyback .

Walter Schloss was one of Buffett’s Superinvestors of Graham-and-Doddsville. He had an incredible track record of returns over his investing career, achieving a 21.3% CAGR over the period of 28 and a quarter years from 1956 to Q1 1984.

Walter’s position in a stock would start from 5 per cent and go up to 10-12 per cent. He held a number of stocks in his portfolio, sometimes even as many as 65-70 stocks. The main reason for such a high number of stocks was to offset the risks of some stocks not performing as expected.

3 Likes

Only for a portfolio of 20 companies, the avg weightage is 5%.
What is this 5% upto 12% ?

These people are not retail investors. These are fund managers, big names, often times from opposing schools of thought. Buffett had concentrated PF, Schloss had many, Lynch had in hundreds. Nevertheless as they have mastered their philosophy, they were highly successful. So what they did does not apply to us per se, as we are retail.

For a PF of 20 stocks, I guess we can start at 1% or even less, depending upon the size of the PF, and then maximize to the extent of our conviction and comfort.

Sometimes he might keep even 60-70 stock … 5% he might be investing initially and increasing it in his high conviction bets…

Excalty my point is … I’ve seen people advocating to keep portfolio of only 15-20 stocks and believing that’s the only way to get market beating returns, which is incorrect…

There are many styles of investing and every investors should develop it’s own , rather than blindly believing something is good and other won’t work at all…

There are many who kept super diversified portfolio and got great returns…
CAGR calculation remains the same for retail or fund …

Yes, there are many ways to skin a cat. Investors who have had success with a particular style of investing that suits them, may not speak high of other investing styles. But that does not mean that other styles are not beneficial, they could be, but for others.

Even here in VP, we have many different styles of investing, some going deep into a business and perhaps taking a big position, some do not go deep and rotate their picks, some buy only undervalued stocks etc. etc. All these styles are educational for novice investors, including yours, your interest in IPOs.

1 Like
4 Likes

The Salasar techno case was also covered in the Finshots podcast. Link here:

1 Like
1 Like

https://economictimes.indiatimes.comwealth/invest/ipo-boom-of-2021-22-pain-or-gain-6-lessons-for-investors-from-a-record-breaking-year-for-primary-market/editionlist/edition-90607556,artid-90606836.cms

4 Likes

Hi Aniesh,

Howz ur PF doing…what are the latest changes?

Thanks and Regards,
Jaisish

Booked profit in many stocks which i felt was a bull run :ox: stories before the fall. Inflation was high and interest rate hike was inevitable .
Portfolio down 20% from ATH .
Now holding around 18 stokes . All profit booked money transfered to these stocks.

11 Likes

No post-2020 IPO companies in the portfolio anymore?
Were they all the bull run stories?
Most of your current portfolio are time tested companies.
Good selection of companies.

Can you also please list down which you removed from your portfolio and felt they were story based.
Frankly I am still holding almost 50 stocks and trying to concentrate. In last couple of months I tried hard to reduce stake from few since they were having bad quarters but I believe few will be back after inflation.It will be great to list down any criteria maybe I can take some help from there. Your views are also invited on this thread :slight_smile:
Shikhar50

Your PF looks more like Marcellus’ consistent compounders now

2 Likes

Many nice names in there… could you pls share allocation if possible to understand conviction level in individual picks?