Potential wealth creators portfolio: Views Invited

EV sales shift into the fast lane showing growing acceptance

Positive on EV space in India

Holding : Endurance , Sona Comstar , Tatva Chintan

Watchlist : FIEM Industries

4 Likes

Threats to online insurance aggregators like policybazar. Be cautious with itā€™s IPO

2 Likes

Good to see the leader focus on its own digital capabilitiesā€¦not sure why HDFC decided to only delist ergo and not life from aggregatorsā€¦need to watch thisā€¦as investor of HDFC life, would like it to follow suit and focus to enhance its digital capabilities on its own selfā€¦
Disc. Views personal and maybe wrong

1 Like

Hello Aniesh, Thanks for sharing your knowledge, I have personally learned a lot from you
Can you please share your current pf with allocations

A conventional carā€™s engine and transmission have hundreds of parts, some electric-vehicle powertrains have as few as 17

5 Likes

Good article, but this part of the writer is a bit hyperbole\

some electric-vehicle powertrains have as few as 17

What happens is, the parts move elsewhere. One look at Sona BLW drivetrain designs will tell you that it cannot be 17; it will be way more. And these contain rare earths, copper and other material that will substantially change the pricing of the car without going into battery side of things.

Iā€™m all for electric and the basic thrust of the article is true but thereā€™s a bit of runaway thinking here

1 Like

Teslas use electric motors that have two moving parts, and single-speed ā€œtransmissionsā€ that have no gears. The company says its drivetrain has about 17 moving parts compared with about 200 in a conventional internal combustion drivetrain.

Completed 3 Years of investment with CAGR of 34.7% .
Bull :ox: run was helpful in achieving such returns, but henceforth expecting reasonable returns .

5 Likes

Goodā€¦bull run has definitely helped our PFsā€¦though im going lean nowā€¦my MF PF I have trimmed from around 22 funds to 5 in last 4 yearsā€¦CAGR outperformance improved substantially after that including a 30% outperformance when compared to benchmark and 105% returns in last 1 yearā€¦now planning to trim the PF reducing number of stocks by 50% and concentrating only on a fewā€¦PF returns over last 3 years has been decent around 40% mark

4 Likes

Heyā€¦
Very much interested to know whether you would still add Nykaa even if you didnā€™t get the allotment?

No Allotment. I will be buying a tracking position.
Valuation are on higher side, it will be even higher on listing but when i buy any stock i keep an outlook of 8-10 years.
N in that time Span , if nykaa excute well, current valuation wonā€™t be an issue.

1 Like

Added Nykka - bullish on future prospects of company and Technology/Digital stocks .
Like in other countries an Tech/Digital index is quite possible in India as well in futureā€¦ So keeping a set of stock which Iā€™m positive on ā€¦

1 Like

Tarsons Products is engaged in designing, developing, manufacturing and supplying a diverse range of quality labware products used in laboratories across research organisations, academic institutes, pharmaceutical firms, diagnostics companies and hospitals.

Will apply this IPO .

I just have one issue with Tarson. Itā€™s geographical location is one of the worst.

There plants are located entirely in WB with no diversification of location. So, there would be significant floods in the future.
Kolkata is the 2nd in the list of most prone to floods in the world.

1 Like

Hi Aniesh,
Have you gone through latent view IPO? Would like to know your thoughts.

Latent View

Positive :

Business with Industry tailwind
Good margin - As per management it will sustain
Strong promoters background
No issues on corporate governance side
Wide range of capabilities
Company has good cash conversion
Decent valuations

Negatives :
Geographical concentration - As per Management with IPO funds will try to reduce that.
Client concentration - Top 5 client 54%
Topline Growth is stagnant last 3 years - As per management this is due to moving Focus on high end analytical business and to maintain margin
Small size

Will apply today, with no hope of allotment as retail portion already booked 31 times on day 1 itself
As usual will buy on listing 40-50% of desired quantity .

2 Likes

It is very difficult to buy companies by Sigachi and Latent View as they may be put in the 5% circuit. I was lucky to get Paras defence IPO allotment but could not add more initially after listing as it was in circuit for almost next 10 days.

Everything in the economy is cyclical. Nothing great or terrible is likely to stay that way for long, because the same forces that cause things to be great or terrible also plant the seeds to push them the other way.

Bull markets make stocks expensive, expensive stocks leave little room for error, and little room for error increases the odds of bull markets ending. Same thing in the other direction. Recessions cause pessimism. Pessimism causes underproduction, underproduction leads to scarcity, scarcity leads to a new boom

ā€“ Morgan Housel

9 Likes

Hi ā€¦ please advise how your current portfolio looks like

Just consider the awarness people are getting towards investment in equities. Biggest beneficiaries cdsl, cams, bse,

3 Likes