Potential wealth creators portfolio: Views Invited

Totally agree. Valuation are high, that’s why not averaging it . And it not advisable to take fresh position
I’m holding it from IPO allotment@310/-
So enjoying the Bull Market…

2 Likes

Hey… you had mentioned a problem with Ami org.

-The parabens bit.
-if so Is it still okay to add the stock? Would the current valuation be alright to add to the portfolio?

Thank you very much.

I bet for it’s High-growth high-margin therapeutic segment which contribute more than 85% of it’s revenue .
Few varieties of parabens are banned by few countries. 2-3 products are part of Ami portfolio .
In India, US it’s not banned as studies are still inconclusive, especially related to cancer.
Even if ban happens parabens are not a big part of their portfolio…
I bought around 900/- (50% of intended quantity) Technical charts I don’t check, so can’t comment of levels to buy. But Yes, valuations r bit streached

Whenever i buy a stock i keep a view of 5 -7 years or more, so i don’t think much about entry price. If business is growing, fundamentals are good it will deliver.

*** N.B - When i say inconclusive evidence related to cancer, doesn’t mean there exists no link. There are many studies linked to parabens can trigger hormonal imbalance,cancers etc…
Not only parabens lot of chemicals used in Hygiene, cosmetic products are of concern say like, Tricolsan in toothpaste and soaps , Talc In talcum powders, Phthalates in nail polishes ,Toluene in hair dyes, PABA, benzophenone, oxybenzone in sunscreen , Formaldehyde in shampoo,deo hair Cream and gels , Petrolatum in lip balm and so on …

We are surrounded by chemicals in everything we use and absolute avoidance is impossible. Best we can do is minimise the use and be a informed consumer - check for ingredients ( including ayurvedic/herbal products)

I am going bit off the topic here , but thought of sharing things i know

4 Likes

Oh okay…

I guess I have to wait for a particular level to get into…But don’t know whether waiting would just raise the price of the equity.

But, most of the IPO valuations are stretched from Mtar to Sona.

Thank you very much for this write up.

Even I’m waiting for bit corrections to add remaining 50% .
But can’t predict anything in This fierce bull run …

Laxmi organic turned 4x
Jubilant Ingrevia 3x
And stocks like IRCTC is up 6x from its listing price and 13x from it’s IPO price.

So i never try to time the market… If convinced about it’s future potential buy on Listing day (atleast 50%) and sit on it patiently

4 Likes

Chemspec Chemicals - Upcoming Speciality chemical Company IPO
Expected:- October 2021

One of the leading manufacturers, globally, of critical additives for fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) ingredients used in skin and hair care products, and intermediates for active pharmaceutical ingredient (APIs) used in antihypertensive drugs.

As part of its FMCG product portfolio, it manufactures active ingredients used in sunscreen lotions and creams, antibacterial soaps, anti-dandruff shampoos, and preservatives.

*** The Company is also the largest manufacturer of ‘piroctone olamine’ in India, and the largest producer of ‘chemilide’ (an antibacterial ingredient) in the world with an approximate market share of 70% market share.

Its clientele include Beiersdorf AG, Unilever Supply Chain Company AG, L’Oreal, DSM Nutritional Products, Godrej Consumers Products, Glenmark Life Sciences, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, CTX Lifesciences etc.

1 Like

Few Upcoming Digital IT business IPO

1. Tracxn Technologies - IoT, artificial intelligence, virtual reality, robotics, blockchain, and electric cars.
  2. ESDS Software Solution - cloud infrastructure
1 Like

NSE, Policybazaar and Nykaa are the ones I am looking forward to

This is the statement given by Top broker of India… Broking business is super cyclical in nature… Beware of getting too aggressive on it … After last Bull runs , bloodbath followed broking stocks …

3 Likes

Technically, this is why I buy BSE instead of CDSL,low cost brokerages. The Exchange is always there, puttering along. BSE price will swing depending on the market but it will still settle trades and still sell MFs and other sundry stock related stuff irrespective of who is registered as a broker who can sell on its xchange.

The only other competition is NSE and it’s not IPO’ed yet. And the GOI will not let it IPO till they spill the beans on the HFT server and who made money on it. Note that the case is now settled for small amounts and a few bans. But large amount of money was made and the GOI would like to know who made. And if NSE does IPO, I’d buy that too.

Remember BSE/NSE is the “watering hole” for everyone in Fin India. And the reason why this forum exists. No BSE no valupickr raison de etre.

1 Like

Just a minor addition, it’s actually exactly vice versa… financial markets and related stuff/forums do not exist because of bse or any exchange but rather such exchanges/forums etc. exist because of needs of financial markets…there is no company, business etc. Supreme than the markets itself…

CDSL may not be as cyclical as a brokerage

Disc. Not invested in either. Personal thoughts for academic purposes only

1 Like

CDSL may not be as cyclical as a brokerage

Short of CDSL opening unrelated financial products that are not market related, it will correlate with brokerage performances. As they wax and wane, CDSL,NSDL will too, as they hold the demat shares whose numbers are a function of these low cost brokerages participants. A prolonged slump can cause brokerages to flop while the exchange will still be there doing muted trading and backends will have corresponding lower volumes of fin products in demat form

Looking at just Chemspec, Nykaa and Ixigo…not sure about the rest.

Ixigo is better placed than ease my trip in my view… what do you think sir?

I haven’t read anything on this or any above mentioned ones… anything positive will share here…

Easytrip is the only profitable business in online ticket booking space , which is rare in platform business …
So Invested with limited exposure…

Bullish on Digital/ Platform/Tech . Hold few stocks in that space, Easytrip is one of them

1 Like

As per my limited knowledge Ease my trip earns 90% of its revenue from airlines itself.
While Ixigo is a leader in OTA for NBU ( Next billion internet users ) so they try to solve problems of tier 2 and 3 cities.
As language becomes a prominent part of how users interact with the app…Ixigo shows promise in this field.

Ixigo is leading 3rd in air line booking after ease my trip.
1st in train booking compared to other OTAs. ( 75% market share with IRCTC 25% routed to OTA platforms who act as distributors for IRCTC )
No. 2 in bus booking.

Market leader in all segments is Makemytrip.

But they are showing a lot of promise. Let me dig deeper though.

Dis: Invested in Ease my trip during IPO. ( But then Ixigo seems to be more promising )

1 Like

Fraudulent trades: Sebi bars TV anchor, five others from securities markets

Read this news yday … These has became a mence .
It’s sad to see how people are using undue influence , getting into various malpractices
Their Blind followers are also to be blamed …

News channels, Twitter, YouTube etc , everywhere people are pushing stocks …

Here i recall a bible verse ::

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s. clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves…

People often forget how brutal can be the bear market which followed every bull market…
And if u r stuck with wrong stocks , with high allocation and at higher levels or valuation, disaster is awaiting .

5 Likes

Biases that can lead to investment mistakes :

1. Hindsight Bias
    Hindsight bias is the theory that when people predict a correct outcome, they wrongly believe that they “knew it all along”.

2. Representativeness Heuristic
    Representativeness heuristic is a cognitive bias that happens when people falsely believe that if two objects are similar then they are also correlated with each other.

3. Self Serving Bias
    Self-serving cognitive bias is the propensity to attribute positive outcomes to skill and negative outcomes to luck.

4.Herd Mentality
Herd mentality is when investors blindly copy and follow what other famous investors are doing.

1. Confirmation Bias
    Confirmation bias is the idea that people seek out information and data that confirms their pre-existing ideas. They tend to ignore contrary information.

2. Anchoring Bias
    Anchoring is the idea that we use pre-existing data as a reference point for all subsequent data, which can skew our decision-making processes.

3. Narrative Fallacy
    The narrative fallacy occurs because we naturally like stories and find them easier to make sense of and relate to.

4. Framing Cognitive Bias
    Framing is when someone makes a decision because of the way information is presented to them, rather than based just on the facts.

8 Likes

Will be adding Piramal Enterprise for it’s Pharma business - Especially it’s CDMO and Peptides .

Recently they acquired Hemmo Pharmaceuticals :

Hemmo is one of the few pure-play synthetic peptide API manufacturers in the global marketplace

With peptide API development and manufacturing capabilities added to its portfolio, the pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO) business is expected to see stronger growth rates.

The company’s pharmaceutical business has three growth segments that typically have high entry barriers, ensuring limited competition and sustainable longer-term growth.

Piramal Pharma Solutions–the CDMO business–offers integrated solutions across a drug life cycle. This business will strengthen following the acquisition. Piramal Critical Care ensures the company’s presence in the complex hospital generics with low costs due to backward integration. In addition, India Consumer Products (OTC) business has well-known brands with a large distribution network

5 Likes

20 mistakes that won’t let you prosper in investing

2 Likes

Chemspec Chemicals: Upcoming IPO

Chemspec is a manufacturer of UV absorbers globally and is among the top two global manufacturers of personal care ingredients catering to skin and hair care.
The company is the largest manufacturer of a formulation used for treatment of fungal infection in India and the largest producer of an anti-bacterial ingredient globally with a market share of 70%.

2 Likes