Potential wealth creators portfolio: Views Invited

They approved it and appointed Aditya Puri to Chair the Board of Stelis …
strides_press_release_relating_to_stelis.pdf (388.6 KB)

This is Snipet from August 6,2021 Concall too much back and forth in clarity of decision which made me question are they minority shareholder friendly there is value in strides no doubt on that my concern was will that value be shared to minority shareholders by promoters.

1 Like

Hi Aniesh,
What was your rationale to add Whirlpool. The sale is declining and competition is tough in that space. Company has been majorly focusing on Tier 3 & 4 city but now I am seeing regular adds in NCR . Seems aggressive. However, I would want to know your view. Thanks!

Invested.

After reading the article , it says approval is granted to reduce stake of ICICI Bank to 30% (Currently 51.87%).

Does this mean 21.87% stake would be of Bharti AXA in ICICI Lombard?

It also says appointed date is 1 April,2020 ( I believe mistype for 2021). But it also says it will take effect within 3 days of the approval. Slightly confused.

If someone could clarify, that would be great.

Whirlpool is the best stock among white goods manufacturers. The company commands a strong 17-18% market share in the refrigerators and washing machines category. “It has been gaining market share in volume terms and its product portfolio is poised for strong structural growth .

Whirlpool’s management has further expressed intent to using India as an integral part of its global sourcing, walking on the China+1 strategy.

Positive on Consumption space .

3 Likes

Bharti Enterprises currently owns 51 per cent stake in Bharti AXA General Insurance, while French insurer AXA has 49 per cent.

Post demerger, Bharti AXA General Insurance will cease to be a going concern and both Bharti Enterprises and AXA will exit the non-life business.

Source : ET
Investor: Ramdev Agarwal

I bought Bajaj Finance around 2k . When it touched 4k most people i know booked profits stating it’s overvalued

Lesson : It’s useless to Predict and time market . Sensible decision is to remain invested for longer period in quality stocks

Holding Bajaj Finance

6 Likes

IRCTC today became 10x for me …
I got it as IPO allottement.

Most people in my circle was critising it for valuations, PSU stock, Privatization of railways etc …

Lesson : long term investors should ignore all noise and keep holding your convictions till it’s fundamentals are intact without trying to time the market…

HLE glasscoat turned 14x

Lesson: There exists quality stocks in small caps as well. Sticking with leaders helps.

7 Likes

My suggestion is to reduce the no. of shares to 12-15 nos. Beyond the said no. of 12-15 nos, the returns will get averaged and at times will pull overall down.

Keep strict stop loss as per your appetite. Alternate, the stop loss can be made versatile by keeping the Stop loss at say lower of EMA 44 or EMA 50. on daily timeframe.For short term scripts, exit at EMA 21. Dispose shares below above criteria.

By following above, you will ride the increase in prices but will be able to protect downside.

2 Likes

Lucky you @Aniesh7 ! I see you got many IPO allocations. Any suggestions?

I got IPO allottement in only two companies i hold - IRCTC and Rossaria
Rest all stocks i bought on Listing day.

I only apply for 1 lot… If not alloted i buy on Listing , companies with good fundamentals and future growth Outlook…

1 Like

7 Likes

More than 50% of the funds raised via IPOs in last 12 months were offer of sale, a sign of caution?

5 GW electrolyser capacity on cards for green hydrogen

Download Economic Times App to stay updated with Business News - https://etapp.onelink.me/tOvY/135dde21

Types of Hydrogen as a Fuel
The types of hydrogen are determined based on the specificity of the production process (including the energy source). These are –

Green Hydrogen – It is produced through the electrolysis of water using renewable sources of energy,

Blue Hydrogen – It is produced by splitting natural gas into hydrogen and CO2 where carbon dioxide is captured and stored,

Grey Hydrogen – It is obtained by the same process as blue hydrogen is obtained but here CO2 is released into the atmosphere,

Pink Hydrogen – Water is electrolysised to obtain pink hydrogen but here nuclear energy is used as the source for the splitting of water molecules.

Yellow Hydrogen – To obtain this, electrolysis is performed with solar energy as the source

Green Hydrogen Stocks of India:

1. MTAR Technologies, etc.- manufactures electrolyzers that break down water into hydrogen and oxygen to produce methane-free hydrogen, which can be used in many fields to generate electricity.

2. Auto sectors such as Tata Motors, Mahindra & Mahindra

3. Reliance industries , Indian oil , NTPC , Jsw Energy ,
    Adani Group

Holding MTAR

3 Likes

Lesson: Stay with strong companies which has sound fundamentals rather than mere stories. In bull run everything looks like a diamond, when market crashes many turn dust.

3 Likes

IRCTC is moving like crazy

Agreed on the long term perspective.

Waiting to buy more at dips but no useful dips are happening. :slight_smile:

Although P/E > 185 does sound concering.

P/E might come down once the lockdowns eases up . Looks like market is betting big on the future.

1 Like

Yes, market seems bullish over the aggressive expansion of IRCTC in hospitality sector and Indian Railways’ asset monetisation…

FIl - June 2020- 0.77 % | June 2021 - 8.07%
DII - June 2020- 1.35% | June 2021 - 11.29%

Both FII and DII has bought heavily since June 2020.
Valuations are rich for sure.

1 Like

Added Ami Organic on Listing .

Positive for it’s High-growth high-margin therapeutic segment such as anti-retroviral, anti-inflammatory, antipsychotic, anti-cancer, anti-Parkinson, antidepressant and anti-coagulant.

1 Like

Focus and concentration on Intermediates pay-off.

1 Like

I think its getting the unrealistic multiples for being in a platform business…remember these platform businesses valuations are very frothy…I have few stocks like IEX and CAMS of similar nature which is moving too fast for my liking…until these businesses show at least 50-80% earnings growth these multiples are not sustainable…I think there are many hidden gems at lower valuations which is where my concentration is during this bull run…bottom up approach is something which I am applying since a year now and it is giving great returns…same is case with companies like happiest minds which are at unjustfied valuations, and being in the same industry I know how frothy these digital plays are…

2 Likes