Natco Pharma: Focusing On Complex Products

As mentioned in the call, it is only 50:50 success for this.

Details about the case…

6 Likes

Insiders buying from open market

Disc : not invested

2 Likes

4 Likes

Good News early mornings…Natco Canada announces launch of lenalidomide… I am surprised how its so earlier than jan-march 2022… Please throw some light

March 2022 date applies to USA only - Natco agreement with celgene is applicable to USA only…

Competition war starts

6 Likes

NATCO - CTPR

TAM for this molecule is USD 5B.

Source :
FY2021_CMD_Presentation.pdf (5.6 MB)

UPL is contract manufacturer for innovator FMC

UPL.pdf (228.7 KB)

3 Likes

Rajeev Nannapaneni: I think we only spoke about CTPR are on track now. I think the size of the market from our
understanding is about Rs.2000 Crores. And it is there in the press release. And what the
future pipeline we will not be revealing at this time for strategic reasons. I will speak about
it shortly as we go along when we are getting the registration. But I am very bullish about
the opportunity. A lot of these opportunities my friend we are looking at, things where we
are going to be first to launch. See, as I said, I am not trying to do a commodity business,
and everybody thinks of agro as a commodity business. But NATCO, I never do business
where we believe something is a commodity. We always look for niches, we look for a
sweet spot, look for opportunities where a lot of people are not where we believe will be in
the first phase. So we are very excited about the opportunity. And I think we are going to
see some positivity in that business in the coming period.

This para is very important to make your conclusions. He is giving lot of clues and how he will approach.
Unfortunately, latest concall transcript is still not available.
I added at 894 as per my TA. I came to know later that lot of insiders also bought at this price. Nothing intended here. pl see above posts.

4 Likes

1 Like

Why is Natco itself not making the API for Lenalidomide? Has this point ever been raised in any of the calls? Is it because of the cost advantage in case of outsourcing it from Laurus?

The recommendation is out of whack (page 4) with the share price. It’s like buy high, sell low strategy! See 2018 accumulate call and subsequent price fall and recco!

4 Likes

What a rubbish research report from Geojit.

It says Imbruvica sales from 2022 - wrong. Patent for imbruvica runs out in 2026. Natco lost court case recently vs the innovator for Imbruvica (Ibrutinib). They are going to appeal I presume…

The big deal in 2022 is lenalidomide sales in the USA - they haven’t even tried to guesstimate the revenues from it…

7 Likes

Yes in the concall they said this they used the words h2 is going to be a blockbuster Yet to read the transcript still not available

I think, this report is for their clients so if they purchase it in large volume, the broker will get get money to suffice the cost of report itself .

Going forward, is there any chance that Acalabrutinib would take up the market share of Ibrutinib? Here are some results which state that both are equally effective however acalabrutinib outscores Ibrutinib as far as side effects are concerned which is why oncologists have started making their patients switch to acalabrutinib.

https://ascopubs.org/doi/abs/10.1200/JCO.2021.39.15_suppl.7500

4 Likes

Pfizer has filed a Patent Infringement lawsuit against Natco claiming the proposed generic version of Ibrance tablets infringes its blockbuster cancer treatment. The patent expires in May 2036.

Source : http://ipnewsshots.com/

Ibrance(Palbociclib) is used to treat HR-positive and HER2-negative breast cancer. It generated a sales of around $5.4 billion in 2020.

Last year, Pfizer went to court against Aurobindo Pharma & Dr.Reddys for the same reason.

2 Likes

There are 3 drugs in this category (BTK inhibitors) at this stage - Ibrutinib (1st generation), zanubrutinib and acalabrutinib, the last 2 being more advanced. They all are effective, Ibrutinib has more side effects but cheaper than the last 2 drugs.
It is difficult to predict at this stage how things will evolve in terms of market share…

1 Like

Hi Jay

This product is not produced by Natco…