Mylu long term Portfolio

SIP Done, Latest

Finally CDSL is in positive territory :smile:

7 Likes

Highly concentrated portfolio. Less diversification means greater risk. But sip strategy mitigates the risk. Great to see all positive.

I approach it differently. Highly diversified ( 25 stocks) but I invest lump sum when indices are significantly down.

2 Likes

i may be disagree with you though the majority is true but one should not generalized over all govt companies as there are instances where the PSUā€™s have made wealth and in commanding position It vary from case to case classical example is inderprastha gas limited , couple of Gujrat based fertilizer pants ( though they are cyclically down ).
the reason why majority of Govt lead companies involve in wealth destruction as there is lack of accountability and frequent transfers and individualā€™s own benefits at priority than of companyā€™s

Regards
disc: not invested in IGL This is not any buy or sell recommendation

1 Like

Latest after this month SIP

6 Likes

Latest after this month SIPā€¦ Due to market crash , down not worst :slight_smile:

Symbol Average Price % Gain % Allocation
CDSL 235.34 9.2 21.71%
CHOLAFIN 292.6 4.14 19.47%
INDIGO 1202.1 3.4 19.31%
TCIEXP 592.25 40.06 19.30%
VGUARD 216.92 -5.96 20.21%
3 Likes

Hi @mylu, How do you view V-Guard now ? The script corrected a little bit and was stable in the mayhem

1 Like

Hi @mylu as the travel industry in trouble due to on going issue and a lot of uncertinities, any decissiom taken in indigo script? Or you are in wait and watcch mode? Thanks

2 Likes

Cholafin is a holding company for Cholamandalam Group. Just like that Bajaj Holdings is now, finally available at a lower Price/BV. Would you not prefer it?

1 Like

I dont see any issue on this counterthough down due to covid-19ā€¦scrip is in attractive zone.

No plans for selling any of my scripā€¦ I feel that all my stocks were able to fairly hold the ground.

1 Like

No plans to switch nowā€¦ I am very comfortable with cholafin.

1 Like

Really interested to know what you think of Indigo. Crude is a relief but it is facing a black swan event. Even otherwise, the sector is so prone to disruptions that a long term bet on it becomes extremely risk. Keen to know you views since you have an extremely concentrated portfolio. Thanks

1 Like

I think COVID-19 clearly showed that there is no specific industry which is isolated from riskā€¦ Indigo is the only airline which shown profit for many quarters and have a good occupancy.

The current slowdown has impacted the stopping of the flights across all airlinesā€¦ Once its up , they will continue to be the leader.

Latest after SIP

Symbol Average Price % Gain % Allocation
CDSL 233.64 -7.25 20
CHOLAFIN 255.75 -44.14 20
INDIGO 1141.44 -12.48 20
TCIEXP 583.47 -6.93 20
VGUARD 207.21 -23.15 20
7 Likes

Appreciate your sticking to basics, strategy and investing as per your style. However, such markets sometimes presents opportunities beyond our current portfolio. Thanks

2 Likes

SIP Done. Latest Below

4 Likes

This is my first comment on the value pickr. I think you can be little flexible with your strategy . Last 4 months your average buy prices are almost in the same range when market were down by 30-40% except cholafin averaged down 10-20%.
Just a thought

4 Likes

Appreciate your conviction with Indigo given that the Aviation Industry is in turmoil at present,

1. Cash Reserves will deplete in few months
  2. Government support will be almost Nil compared to other countries where government has supported airlines during these tough times
  3. Aviation related taxes in India are the highest in the world, giving no reprieve for Airlines
  4. No one knows when the demand will pickup to reach reasonable seat factors with yields. Speed with which consumers return to air travel will depend on their financial circumstances
    5.The prospect of global recession that is more severe than the global financial crisis casts a shadow over the outlook, adding further challenge for airline looking to boost consumer confidence to travel
  5. Other uncertanities like Social Distancing within aircraft resulting in reduced capacity and increased prices, Process of getting in to airplanes is going to be longer and safety concerns

Its going to be a long recovery path for Aviationā€¦

2 Likes

My first contribution.
I think you are looking for a ā€œfill it, shut it, forget itā€ strategy. In that case, its always better to invest in less risky instruments instead of individual stocks.
Because, stock picking is not enough. You have to do maintainence also. Checking every once in a while. Say, the company you invested gets delisted; then you will be forced to exit and all the compounding will go for a toss.
So, i suggest you invest in something like index funds by doing an SIP. They will hold good( higher probability) in long run, say 20 years or more.

1 Like

I am invested in Indigo and i hope @mylu allows me the liberty to respond here :slightly_smiling_face:

1. Cash reserves are almost enough for 12 months. If you opine that flights wont start for another 12 months, its a different call.
  2. Govt will have to support generally by lowering taxes. i am really not a expert in this field so i leave it as a subjective opinion.
    the point being, among all the airlines standing there, Indigo is the strongest. so if govt doesnt help at all, other airlines can be expected to shut and Indigo might be the sole beneficiary of such circumstances.
  3. Demand will gradually pick up when people see the evidence of corona not spreading by air travel. Aviation still will remain the safest and fastest way of transportation.
    I remember a lot of theories were thrown during Demonetisation and Nestleā€™s maggi isssueā€¦
    and today you see how the future has unfolded.
  4. the global crisis challenges will probably be offsest by lower oil prices.
    while procedures of getting into the plane can be redrawn - for eg, if today i reach airport 2 hrs before my flight, post covid people might need 4-5 hours at airport to get through the screening.
    but to expect social distancing measures of 1metre or whatever it is when we are out in open to be applied to any mode of transportation is unreasonable and impractical.
    would u be able to achieve these standards of social distancing in trains or buses ?
2 Likes