Mylu long term Portfolio

AFAICU, stabilizers will still be in demand for costly appliances because in India power fluctuations are a common thing.

2 Likes

V-GUARD is trying to diversify itself as well as penetrating into northern markets. If you can see their shareholder information , it will give more idea

https://www.vguard.in/investor-relations/shareholder-information

1 Like

Status Quo. No new investment in equity.

Symbol Average Price % Gain Weightage
CDSL 235.62 -18.26 24%
CHOLAFIN 289.88 -7.13 19%
INDIGO 1164.3 41.6 19%
TCIEXP 565.8 10.42 19%
VGUARD 216.33 2.3 19%

I diversified into SGB & Debt (T-Bill/G-sec/bond) during this period. SGB was a simple subscription through your account and the bonds are credited into the demat account.RBI notifies it every month.

I was under the assumption that Debt (T-bill/G-Sec) cannot be invested directly but came to know that it can be done in NSEGOBID & BSEDIRECT. It has an option to invest through your DP (or) with demat account direct as well,

Lot of new areas explored , new learnings , new paths ahead :slight_smile:

So 100% equity before changes to

Type Weightage
Equity 87%
SGB 3%
Debt 10%

4 Likes

Can you let us know your rationale and expected cagr from choosing these particular debt instruments? Interesting to see your diversification into debt! Thanks

1 Like

@Investor_No_1

The rationale behind getting into debt is to diversify my risk. I dont have any SET expectations for both Equity & Debt.

Trying to work out a model of Monthly SIP in Equity + Debt now. Lets see how it goes.

1 Like

You have stopped SIP at a time when markets are correcting. SIP works only if it is not stopped. I am sure you know all these and you will revisit your initial thesis.

2 Likes

Thanks @Uservijay . If you have tracked my posts before , i had additional investment last month , hence status quo this time.

i agree to your point that irrespective of market condition , SIP should continue.

1 Like

SIP Done. Latest status

I remember reading that best time to sell airline stock is whenever market is open.

the myth is broken :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I feel it is still true for the long term (Indigo will produce average returns in the long term - 15 years). But for now, you should celebrate. Concentrated portfolio has worked very well for you.

2 Likes

Could please explain why you did not done the sip on last month and again continue this month. Rational behind this

I have responded in the earlier post on this

I had made additional investment last month , hence status quo for last month.

1 Like

SIP Done. All stocks in the portfolio is finally in green :slight_smile: :smile:

5 Likes

Hi

Nice going by your portfolio! I see your investment strategy in your first post is doing SIP in 4 or 5 stocks and you mentioned rationale for each pick. Just wanted to understand your real strategy. What I mean is why you picked the ones you picked. Why I am asking is that unlike most other portfolio, I am not able to identify an underlying theme in your thought process. I see Financial or would I call it a toll bridge type (CDSL), Logistics (TCI EXP), Transport (Indigo), Consumer durable (VGUARD), Financial (Chola). Would be good to know why you picked these with any broad base theme of say consumer focus or turnaround or special situation etc. Thanks

2 Likes

You are correct. I dont have any specific theme in mind when i chose the stocks for SIP. Its wide numbers that come in after which i filter out to shortlist 4-5 stocks. Few points i do follow is the following

1. Transparency of management
  2. Management understanding of business and doing only thing they know and not something they get into as its flavor during that time . This is one important factor i always see first.
  3. Not too many subsidiaries & associate companies.
  4. Company not always in news (Exception Indigo for their new flight schedule)
  5. No PSU (or) IT/Pharma/Petro chemicals
  6. Listed in both NSE/BSE (Exception CDSL , regulatory limitation)
  7. MF holdings
  8. Shareholding pattern
  9. Not eyeing multi bagger but more protection of capital.
  10. Regularly read their Investor presentation/conf call/quarterly report to see the company progress.
  11. Lessons learnt from previous SIP
  12. I am least worried on the P/E and see more on the management future plans and expansion.

Hope this helps.

8 Likes

I understand no government and petro companies, but why don’t you buy IT or Pharma companies as some of the best blue chips of prior years have been from these two sectors?

1 Like

Thanks, Some very interesting and important points you mentioned. As I have seen most of your picks different than usual and all doing well, can you elaborate on some points below as it will be good learning to know -

1. Management Transparency - How do you arrive at this? Is it via concall question/answers or articles/news in public domain like ET, Bloomberg etc. ?
  2. Management understanding of business and doing only thing they know and not something they get into as its flavor during that time . This is one important factor i always see first. - Can you pls elaborate this with an example. As most of the time a decent management like Godrej, Tata, Bajaj etc. have diversified family business. Even L&T, owned by institutions, have diversified sectors - So would you be avoiding all such cases. Just wanted to know how you filter on this very important point you mention
  3. Not too many subsidiaries & associate companies.- I have learnt this the hard way, Yes its best to avoid such companies.

Thanks and Good Luck!

2 Likes

Really appreciate your openness in listing out the points you look for
Just one ask can you maybe elaborate on point 11

1 Like

Last time , during last SIP i invested in 2 of the PSU (BHEL & POWERGRID) . Though powergrid performed decently , BHEL was disaster for me interms of returns . Frankly government cannot run business…

2 Likes

SIP Done. Latest

3 Likes

Hats off to your ability to trim down your portfolio strategy to just 5 stocks! All the very best. Ill keep dropping buy on this thread to see how you do and maybe over time I will have your conviction too!

1 Like