Easy Trip Planners (Easemytrip) - An outlier in OTA

I agree with your most of the views.
They cash in book but diluting the equity at every small opportunity is became passion for them and in media interaction they say this very proudly that its not a cash transaction just equity swap.

They are disturbing the good business and investing in these penny companies which may not give profit in the life time.

1 Like

Recently won VETA award
Invester Relations - EaseMyTrip.com.
May affect on its price.

This award has nothing to do with the company numbers. As long as there is no significant jump in numbers/margins price will move up & down only.

3 Likes

So sir, need to look at other hospitality and travel sector players. As the sector is prospective, your take please, Thank you.

I happened to read about OTA recent time following is my notes on my learning.

Online Travel Agency - OTAs (notion.site)

2 Likes

EaseMyTrip announces exclusive offer for corporate clients, introduces a 20-day
credit period for listed companies

They want to improve the cash flows of corporate clients but what about easemytrip cash flows? FY23 has -ve cash from operations, this kind of initiatives will boost the receivables.

Management moves are seems to be risky

Paid 19 times sales, extremly high…

1 Like

Yes, At least this time they have disclosed the valuations indirectly or by mistakenly.
We don’t have any clue about previous acquisition’s valuations.
I am looking for good exit opportunity .

2 Likes

Me too. This is risky

for a company which is

• 99% dependent on service fees charged from customers, and all revenue only from Airlines

• Losing market share the moment they started charging service fees

• in a slow avaiaton growth scenario ( 5% is q4 domestic growth)
  • trying to get in to corporate which is a very long cycle and extremely competitive
  • buying hotels from the money generated which is cyclical as well as a very different business to run
  • has almost nil interest from any of the mutual fund in India except LIC
  • has no interest from FII barring one
  • will continue to lose share in domestic Aviation OTA market purely because of behemoth like MMT and 5-8 more OTA apps becoming stronger
  • EVen indigo is going DIRECT way breaking parity as well attracting people to their own app

Easemytrip will have disastrous Q4 results, would be losing market share.

unsure why this stock is valued at what it is valued at:)

2 Likes

Zero convience fee facility is still there, what they told in last con call is that they have stopped applying that promo code by default for every booking, but as I see now it’s getting applied automatically.

I agree with your indigo booking comments, indigo has reduced the convience fee and also booking in their web/app is much better cost than OTA’s.

All these unnecessary capital allocation policies are making institutional investors to stay away from this counter, in the meantime MMT zooming after becoming profitable.

1 Like

Operating Margin journey…

They already lost control on the core business

New to this business, wanted to understand the sanctity of discounts given to the customers.
If say a hotel is Rs. 1000 / night, and OTA is making it available at 700 / night>>> then does the OTA bear the difference of 300? If so, what is the working capital cycle around it for the OTA?

1 Like