Easy Trip Planners (Easemytrip) - An outlier in OTA

please check ease my trip mobile app it is no where when we compare it to goibibo or redbus

What I could gather is that she has been an existing employee and has been promoted to CEO role . Her experience appears quite relevant .

ExperienceExperience

President AlliancesPresident Alliances

EaseMyTrip.comEaseMyTrip.com2018 - Present · 4 yrs 3 mos2018 - Present · 4 yrs 3 mos

• Commercial ManagerCommercial Manager

Alitalia Airlines ( GSA : Dex Aviation)Alitalia Airlines ( GSA : Dex Aviation)Sep 2017 - Feb 2018 · 6 mosSep 2017 - Feb 2018 · 6 mosNew Delhi Area, IndiaNew Delhi Area, India

• I was responsible for the relaunch brand building, networking, sales to build numbers for future sustainability…the success in getting the desired numbers within limited framework and tim, enabled the airline to continue its year round operations in India which was initially planned only for 6 months.I was responsible for the relaunch brand building, networking, sales to build numbers for future sustainability…the success in getting the desired numbers within limited framework and tim, enabled the airline to continue its year round operations in India which was initially planned only for 6 months.…see more
  • Airline and Tourism ProfessionalAirline and Tourism Professional

advisoradvisorJan 2017 - Sep 2017 · 9 mosJan 2017 - Sep 2017 · 9 mosNew DelhiNew Delhi

• Director - IndiaDirector - India

Catai India Pvt. Ltd.Catai India Pvt. Ltd.Jan 2016 - Sep 2016 · 9 mosJan 2016 - Sep 2016 · 9 mosNew DelhiNew Delhi

• Catai - India
      Worked as the Director Outbound Tours.Catai - India Worked as the Director Outbound Tours.
  • Business Head - LeisureBusiness Head - Leisure

dnata - Indiadnata - IndiaMay 2013 - Jul 2015 · 2 yrs 3 mosMay 2013 - Jul 2015 · 2 yrs 3 mosNew DelhiNew Delhi

• Involved in Airline GSA bids, Leisure division set - up, Special projects.Involved in Airline GSA bids, Leisure division set - up, Special projects.

See all 10 experiences

EducationEducation

Very positive views from the company. Another positive that can help drive the earnings of the company is the severe price hikes in the air ticket prices due to the surge in jet fuel prices, as the company earns on the basis of percentage of booking revenue. I am not 100% sure about this, so would love to get feedback in regards to this.

2 Likes

So who were excited about gross sales? gross booking value?
did anyone notice that there margin dipped in Q4:)
want to know why :slight_smile:

1. their special deal vanished because the airline industry has bounced back
  2. they started showing refund (that didnt give to customer in claims ) from other income to revenue from Q2. lesser flight disruption means lesser claims

now what?

welcome to Q4:)

all the comments made have started coming true:)

I had exited EMT around Jan fearing Omicron impact. Haven’t gone through the numbers in detail yet.

Market expected more this time but results are not inline with expectations, and it is the only tech stock that was in upward journey since a while. If you happen to see most of the tech stocks are beaten out atleast or above 20% and in a contrast it is in upward direction with above 50%. I’m thinking, with below expected result posted, equations will turn upside down for sometime and atleast for next quarter time.

Exited my position with profits and closely tracking to re-enter …

Please have a look at this interview before making any views.

Couple of key statements to note:

1. We have crossed the number of bookings today that we had in total of last quarter. This nearly means they will have double the bookings of last quarter.

2. International travel was opened from 27th March, so that should see good growth.

Will also be going through the concall and soon update on that.

If you have a look at the financials of Indian Hotels, Indigo and Thomas Cook, there also you will se a substantial fall in the revenue and profits. These are the biggest players in their respective fields of tourism.

1 Like

Ok let’s say the booking doubles but margin per booking goes down from 8% to 6%, how would you think of it.

After that , in q2 2022 what will be the growth driver.

How are you coming on to this number of 6%?

Secondly even now, Revenue as % of GBR is 8.4%.

If at this rate the revenue doubles then the EBIDTA growth will be far higher than 100% as there will be no additional expenses. This quality of operating leverage in a tech company is what gives them premium valuations.

Why did their margin drop in q4 as compared to q1. Margin got nothing to do with leverage

Fully accept that their Gross margins have dropped but this was already known that they were higher than normal… what I am asking you is that even after dropping they are at 8.4%. How are you predicting it to drop to 6%?

Do you know the component of 12% earlier and 8.4% now?

Does anyone have a view on the corporate governance at Easy Trip. How would you rate it? Has anyone done a deep dive?

https://archive.fo/KkKfv

Ease My trip Article by Ken
2nd place at 18% only after MMT.

3 Likes

Easy trip planners: q1 cons net profit 331m rupees vs 154m (YoY) easy trip planners: q1 EBITDA rupees 415m vs 177m (YoY) || q1 EBITDA margin 47.43% vs 56.81% (YoY) easy trip planners: q1 revenue rupees 875m vs 313m (YoY) Details results will be found here: BSEINDIA

2 Likes

Extract from FY22 Annual Report.

Timely payment of statutory dues should be first priority for any business. This company continues to do what should not be done.

2 Likes

EaseMyTrip is one of the sponsors of AsiaCup. This will give huge visibility to them. Company is in market capture phase now.

Disc: Invested at lower levels.

3 Likes

good insights about the co, and as the matter of fact stubborn questions are answered at end from promoters.

Topics answered are -

1. What is the reason behind Easymytrip making higher profits in OTA line-up?

2. What are the strategies that other OTA difficult to adopt?

3. What are some thoughts on future growth?

4. What strategy is playing out in HOTEL bookings?

5. Comparison with other OTA?

6. Old articles flashing in net, movie business, company other income, coal trading, CFO resignation etc.

Disc: Invested

2 Likes

Need experts view or thoughts, why is that co raising funds and vesting into non-convertible
debt instruments along with warrants and convertible securities debt, and when significant reserves are piled in, why nt use this funds to do the same, please shed some light and additionally what is the balance sheet impact with this?