Buy Unlisted Shares

A friend of mine bought some shares from planify.in, i haven’t bought any.

Any interesting less than 1000 mkt cap companies in unlisted category.

I am looking at investing in Waaree Energies through Planify. Anyone has done their research on the company and can share their notes? Will be super helpful. The stock has doubled in the recent time in the unlisted market and hence any thoughts on the valuation will also help.

1 Like

Try Ixigo or Le Travenues. They have re-filed revised DRHP last December 2023.

Took position in WaaRee and Polymatech. This is my first Unlisted buy. Companies looking promising with reasonable valuations. Both filed DRHP.

1 Like

Any idea how much does it take from DRHP to Ipo announcement ? I guess generally it takes 3 - 4 months. I also want to understand the thought with fellow members here with respect to 6 months of Lockin when the listings happen & the tax treatment. IMHO, 6 months of lock-is a bit far fetched.

Would like to understand perspectives from @Sunit_Das & folks who have invested in unlisted shares. Thanks in advance

1 Like

There is no thumb rule for gap between DRHP filing and actual listing.
Polymatech was filed on october 6th and i dont see any listing news as of now.

There are lot of opportunities in current listed space at present.

Six month lock in is always there primarily because the shares that are being offered are from early investors and most of them have such conditions in their term sheet with promoters when they invest. So same conditions are passed on along with shares you buy.

I have invested in Polymatech and NSE. In NSE I assume there is no such condition, but i am not very sure.

Now i a not exploring any more opportunities.

1 Like

No thumb rule is there. I think it take different time for each companies.
Capital Small Finance bank filed DRHP in October 1st week and the IPO is happening now. Polymatech also filed the DRHP at the same week. So, in that case Polymatech should bring their IPO this month. But I am sure it doesn’t work that way. It can be different for each companies.
Now, your guess is as good as mine. I will keep holding these stocks. No, more fresh buy at all.

1 Like

After filing DRHP, company has to bring IPO within next 6 months. If they fail, they need to restart and file DRHP again.
Polymatech IPO should come by 4th April.
Most probably it will come in February only.

3 Likes

Even I am interested in buying Waaree energies. Can you pls share with me how easy it is to buy shares on this Platform? And how is the entire buying process like?

1 Like

Just signup with email address and fill out the demat number.
Add fund through UPI and buy whichever you want.
This platform has smaller lot size compared to other unlisted platforms I have seen.
Once you buy in weekdays, your shares get reflected in demat account next day. You can just login to CDSL and check if it has been credited there.
Done.

3 Likes

Thank you. It gave me conviction. Signed up and will buy shares on Monday.

Nitin Sir,

I have recently started my investment journey. I do not know much about how current CMP of unlisted shares is co-related with the listing price.

Just as an example, is it possible that current CMP of Polymatech is 935 and its IPO listing can happen at a lower price than 935?

I have read a lot about Polymatech that it is going to be a multibagger. So I have my conviction but just wanted to know if the listing can happen at a lower level.

Thanks

IPO price band can be lower than CMP in unlisted market. Listing depends on how market values any company. You will hear many such multibagger stories. Never believe them. Read about company and decide for yourself.
Conviction comes from reading. One advice only - Read as much as possible.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I will do more research on this.

1 Like

Read the DRHP from SEBI website. Specially the industry overview and company’s financial performance. Please don’t get carried away by the growth story.
It’s not that hard to buy shares in unlisted space but getting seller is difficult I guess. I don’t have experience yet though.
In case of Polymatech - the company is raising 750cr entirely as fresh issue. That’s a plus sign. Debt is negligible. The sector is good. Considering Fy23 the PE looks reasonable.

Check YouTube videos of the past management interviews.

You would find a lot of other unlisted share over there but don’t buy them just looking at the valuation. The might not have any plan for IPO anytime soon.
I prefer buying companies who have filed their DRHP already.

4 Likes

@Sunit_Das which website we need to signup for purchase of unlisted shares…

1 Like

precize.in

(Please go ahead with your own risk. I have invested through this website and they look trustworthy but can’t recommend anything unlisted blindly).

1 Like

https://twitter.com/malani4u/status/1757787125246828634?t=u10Y5WPGKGfoSR8jO68IAQ&s=08

Just happen to see this about Polymatech.
Disc: no investment or intention to invest

Do try Altius too… Price is good along with support