Bull therapy 101-thread for technical analysis with the fundamentals

Varun Beverages, Weekly - Nice C&H breakout, and a ATH with serious volumes. Not sure what has caused the sort of volumes we have seen last week. There was a MSCI rebalancing and VBL was being exited but this is something else - the volumes were even higher than the listing week! Current quarter is seasonally weak though but this is one of those we can sit tight on, as long as TAM expands, and there is strong volume growth and market share gains continue.

Techno Electric, Monthly - This is perhaps playing out with a breakout on the monthly. It is currently trading at 52 week highs and levels last seen in July of last year. ATH is around 360 levels. The fundamental thesis is here. The buyback is authorized until 325 odd levels which should offer very strong support to absorb convictionless equity. There is still 79 odd Crores left which is more than sufficient cash for the buyback. By Q4, if the execution is on track, ATH should be made hopefully.

Esab, Monthly - The one year odd consolidation from here has broken out on the upside. Fundamentally, this is the biggest player and market leader in the welding consumables, welding equipment and cutting products, including automated cutting tools. I learnt more about this business from their youtube videos since there isn’t much by way of presentations or concalls. Again probably the safest way to play the capex theme. The second rung player Ador welding is also perhaps a good bet but the chart here is great, along with the earnings (Ador hasn’t shown similar growth at least as of last quarter)

Permanent Magnets, Monthly - This is a long-term breakout on the monthly. This is where there’s belief that the business might be coming out of its natural rate of growth into something else spectacular. Unsure if its all speculative or if there is perhaps good growth prospects in the next few years. Started a thread on this business with my speculative thoughts. Technicals don’t matter much here as one large seller or buyer can make or break the charts. Have to observe how it plays out fundamentally.

Vimta, Monthly - Breakout on the monthly here again as it closed at its highest ATH monthly close. However here again there’s a trendline resistence corresponding to the business’s natural rate of growth. If the NFL lab plays out as I think it can play out there’s a good possibility we can have a breakout from that 8 year trendline as well by Q4 (500 levels). Here again its very speculative and more fundamental bet than technical until the numbers show up.

Disc: Have positions in all as disclosed earlier in this thread. Writing helps clarify my thoughts and is not advice.

29 Likes