Bulk Deals Bi-Weekly Log

The idea with this kind of a thread is simple, you track the bulk deals on NSE and BSE and see if there is something of interest there with respect to certain investors you admire or large buying orders for some stocks.

I went through the similar threads only to find out they were inactive or the basic idea wasn’t this. So I am starting this thread to get to fundamental ideas that can potentially do well in the long term on the basis of these deals.

I’ll explain the process of how I’ll shortlist the stocks here.

1. Go through the bulk deals data everyday to find out deals where the buying amount is higher than the selling amount, or there is a long-term investor or fund doing the deal instead of an HFT company.
  2. Have a cursory look at the company brief to understand if there are certain triggers I think can play out at the company in 2-3 years.
  3. Shortlist the companies that fill in the two criterias.

The logical step from there on will be to study these companies deeper, I would be taking up the studies myself and would also really like if some of the tribe members here can help in finding more about the companies we are discussing.

By no means is tracking bulk deals a fool-proof way to ensure investment success and there can be several ways in which bulk deals can fool you. But the crucial insight that we are utlising here is that when you deploy large amount of money into a stock, there will be deep research that will go behind that investment. We’ll try to ride that.

So we’ll proceed to the deals on the first day.

27 Likes

Date: 30th November, 2023

Link: https://www.nseindia.com/report-detail/display-bulk-and-block-deals

1. Genesys International Corporation

Hitesh Satish Doshi seems to have gotten into the company. Graviton is an HFT fund so their deal doesn’t make as much sense.

What is very interesting about this company though is that I recently read that they had gotten into a partnership with the Survey of India for a project. This information combined with the bulk deals certainly makes me interested, however on the surface of it, the company does seem a little overvalued.

1. Industrial Investment Trust

The buying amount by the buyer is higher than the selling amount by the seller, which means the buyer picked up more from the table. At a cursory glance, it seems to be a investment holding company, not of great interest to me right now, but I’ll surely look into the company in the next few days.

I think these are largely the two ideas I’ve gotten some kind of interest in here, the others mostly seemed to be linked with the recent IPO’s or with some trading of HFT firms, which frankly doesn’t interest me as much.

See you in the next post.

26 Likes

Thank you for the response on this thread, I think my hypothesis that such an idea would be relevant to a lot of investors has been validated by the response. The crucial thing for me now is to keep up with the discipline.

The basic process remains the same as above.

Date: 1st December, 2023

Link: https://www.nseindia.com/report-detail/display-bulk-and-block-deals

I know the obvious name you would be looking for here is Brand Concepts, where Ashish Kacholia sir has entered. But I’m not discussing it, because I’ve found that several investors I’ve gotten to know through twitter or otherwise had discovered the story quite early and also on just a strict criteria basis, more selling took place in bulk deals than the buying which gives me another reason to skip talking about Brand Concepts.

1. Cantabil Retail

Authum Investment and Infra has made very good investments in the past, along with them PC Kothari seems to have invested in the company which is indeed very interesting to me. The sales growth for the past few quarters has been very impressive and with this it is trading at only 28.5 times earnings which is very interesting. The margins have also moved up in the last few years. This is definitely an interesting business to study.

1. Narmada Agrobase

Although I’m not sure of the credibility of the investor in question here, Trishul Chauhan seems to have entered in a large way in the stock. The long term stock chart for the stock seems to be climbing back after being down for a long time. The sales performance on a year by year basis seems to be taking a huge upside this year. I would be interested in studying this stock, with the caveat that this could be cyclical.

1. SecUR Credentials

I’m also writing about this stock here because apart from a large entry by two investors, it seems to be a very interesting idea. It is a credentials verification company which essentially eases the HR function of companies. Their sales are down this quarter, which comes as no surprise to me, because the professional service industry is doing poorly. But is this a bottom play by the investors? Because I think there will be a few more quarters where the problem will persist.

1. Sumit Woods

Very interesting concept again here, but more importantly, the stock seems to have run up a lot so investors need to be careful. But real estate is making a comeback and this is a very different kind of developer. So do check it out.

One way I’m looking to improve this thread is by incorporating BSE only bulk deals too. Let me know your thoughts on the thread, any of these companies or your suggestions like always.

23 Likes

Hi Valuepickr

Back with the daily log here. This time improved with the inclusion of BSE Bulk Deals included too.

Date: 4th December, 2023

Links

NSE Bulk Deals: https://www.nseindia.com/report-detail/display-bulk-and-block-deals

BSE Bulk Deals: BSE Equity : Bulk Deals

1. Alkali Metals

An interesting chemicals and API based business with very high dividend payout for a company this size. Ashok Popatlal Shah has entered into this stock. Could be a good play if the chemicals businesses start to perform well again.

Have a look at the stock chart :slightly_smiling_face:

1. Bharat Wire Ropes

Authum Investments and Infrastructure have picked this stock up. I think it is a direct competitor to Usha Martin which has also done quite well.

What’s very intriguing is that promoters also increased their shareholding over the last year from 36% to 39% percent.

The critical question to ask here is: has this stock performed enough already? Or is it cheap at 24 P/E?

1. Bright Solar Limited

Atleast two investors have picked up a lot of this stock. At first glance it is a penny stock. But promoter shareholding has gone down in the last few years. I would get interested if it is a promoter reclassification or professionals buying the company to turn it around, otherwise it might just be a waste of time.

1. Kundan Edifice

A recently listed company so it might be the case that these transactions are taking place because of the recent listing, but it is in the LED manufacturing space. I know Kenneth Andrade sir has initiated a big position in Calcom Vision through MIT Fund and his PMS, so this is definitely an interesting space to watch out for. Do read this deeply.

1. Narmada Agrobase

Covering this again as Akash Dhiman has entered the stock. I think I’m very interested in what is playing out here now, although I’ll wait for the stock price to either stabilise or come down in the next few days/months before I enter here. This is really something you should check out.

1. Paisalo Digital

Silver Stallion has invested in the stock, I remember hearing about this company from another investor friend who had asked me to look into it. This certainly piques my interest.

Thank you for the support as always.

21 Likes

Hi ValuePickr

Linking threads to a few companies we have discussed earlier. Lets make these threads active and try to dig deeper into these companies.

1. Cantabil India
  1. Sumit Woods

I was thinking of creating a thread on Narmada Agrobase, will share whenever I create it.

Let’s get to the log.

4th Bulk Deals Log

Date: 05th December, 2023

Links:

BSE Bulk Deals: BSE Equity : Bulk Deals

NSE Bulk Deals:

https://www.nseindia.com/report-detail/display-bulk-and-block-deals

Not sure why but NSE bulk deals is showing the deals from yesterday only. I postponed publishing the log just to make sure they were updated but it hasn’t happened.

1. Orient Greenpower

Setu securities has entered the company. I don’t find the development as interesting, but covering it because of the theme here. It is the new energy segment.

1. National Fittings Ltd

Zaki Abass Naseer has entered into the stock and propelled it to an upper circuit. He is known for picking up several successful stocks, however I read recently in some of his more recent investments he has exited very quickly, almost acting like a trader.

The company has a very healthy payout and seems to be an export oriented company, so one can definitely read up more about it.

1. Rajshree Sugar

Vishal Bipinchandra Doshi has entered the stock recently. I’m covering this because sugar prices are increasing and have gone beyond their previous highs profiting the sugar mills. Sugar businesses have an extra optionality that has opened to them in terms of ethanol in the recent years so this could be very interesting.

1. Shiva Granito Export

Two investors, Profiteus Capital Markets and Vikas Baweja have entered into this company. It is too small a company for me to get interested, but Marble and Granite companies are seeing increasing traction ever since real estate sales have shown pickup. This might be part of the same process, I would suggest you look at the Elegant Marble Buyback. I’ll link it here.

This is it for today’s log. I think the ideas this time aren’t as exciting, it has to primarily do with the NSE logs absent.

One more interesting thing I saw was that Akash Dhiman has sold some shares of Narmada Agrobase, I’ll look into this and verify how many he had bought day before and how many he sold today.

Thanks for reading the log, see you tomorrow.

12 Likes

Hi Valuepickr, back with the analysis

5th Bulk Deals Log

Date: 06th December, 2023

Links:

NSE: https://www.nseindia.com/report-detail/display-bulk-and-block-deals

BSE: BSE Equity : Bulk Deals

The bulk deals on NSE were from 5th of December and the ones on BSE weren’t as interesting again. So focusing on the NSE deals only that weren’t covered last time here.

1. Emkay Global Financial Services

Unlike the common perception, I think investment banks have their own cycle linked with low interest rates and not directly with market performance. This company has seen renowned investors like Ajay Upadhyay enter, so it is definitely something interesting. Clover Infotech has bought 1,50,000 shares of the company at 121.65.

1. Inox Green Energy

Citadel securities India markets private limited entered this stock. They bought 14L shares at Rs.77.95 This has seen good performance in the past. But I wouldn’t be so interested at these valuations.

1. Reliance Power

Hriti Private Limited, which mostly acts like a scalper has invested in this company. They bought more than 3 Crore shares at Rs. 21.52. Mathew Cyriac invested in this company earlier so it does seem like something interesting is happening, but I personally think it is a high beta stock, which would be badly affected if the markets fall. Again however, valuations are definitely in favour for this company.

I promised to study Narmada Agrobase and Akash Dhiman’s buying and selling last time. However, there are some issues I’m facing with accessing this week’s data, but I’ll be sure to share that in the next post.

12 Likes

Theres cantabil again BOFA bought and Authum Sold

2 Likes

Hi Value Pickr

Back with the bulk deals log here.

6th Bulk Deals Log

Date: 7th December, 2023

Links:

NSE: https://www.nseindia.com/report-detail/display-bulk-and-block-deals

BSE: BSE Equity : Bulk Deals

1. Compucom Software

Entering Entity: Multiplier Share and Stock Advisors Limited

Entry Price: 33.85

Entry Quantity: 4,65,239

The final entity this business services is the Government of Rajasthan which doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence for me. The debtors cycle is extended, however the CFO/EBITDA conversion is plain weird. Not sure if I am interested in this company but Multiplier Share and Stock Advisors have gotten involved with successful businesses earlier, that is why I covered this business.

1. Cosmi CRF

Entering Entity: YUGA STOCKS AND COMMODITIES PRIVATE LIMITED

Entry Price: 371

Entry Quantity: 20,000 shares

This is a railways related business, so this might be late to the party, but does look statistically cheap at about 2X sales multiple. Definitely worth a look.

1. Dhyaani

Entering Entity: SRINIVASA RAO GODDATI

Entry Price: 103

Entry Quantity: 10,000 shares

The screener page of this company shows a sharp one day increase in price. I think this is because of the bonus issue date change and not the actual movement because the trading view page is completely different.

But all the traction this industry is seeing is validating my hypothesis on the marble industry. It is doing really well.

The number of good quality investments coming up on bulk deals are reducing. Is it a sign of a top? I’m not sure,I think I’ll be in a better position to judge this after a few months. But for this thread, I am considering talking about a few more things like:

1. Covering stocks which have seen extensive promoter buying
  2. All stocks from certain sectors which can be expected to do well in the future.

Let me know if these sound like good ideas.

12 Likes

Hi Value Pickr

Took a break from the log because of bad health. Will come back tomorrow with an improved entry :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Bulk Deals Log

Hi Value Pickr

Back with the bulk deals log here.

Had a bad migraine problem for the last few days so had to give the log a skip for longer than I had imagined earlier. However we are back to trying to be consistent again :grinning:

On the few issues that were not addressed earlier, so Narmada Agrobase saw an entry by Akash Dhiman on 3rd of December, here is a log of his other activity in the stock.

Essentially the exit quantity was smaller and it was at a lower price as compared to the buying quantity so nothing suspicious here really.

We’ll get back to the log from here.

7th Bulk Deals Log

Date: 8th December, 2023

NSE Links: Bulk-Deals-02-12-2023-to-09-12-2023 - Google Sheets

1. Akshar Spintex

It has seen many entries and counter entries in the last few days, is in the cotton trading business. The business description on screener talks about how the company has said it wants to move into value added products. Can be interesting to watch out for this company.

1. Cantabil Retail

We have covered this business earlier and seeing more traction is very heartening. Does deserve more contribution on the valuepickr forum.

Investor who entered: BOFA Securities Europe SA

Quantity: 465,978

Entry Price: 263

1. Net Avenue Technologies

The company is involved in an interesting space, the financials don’t look as good and it is a recent IPO so be a little careful here.

Investor who entered: Ashok Ramchandra Mittal

Quantity: 2L

Entry Price: 41.58

1. Marine Trans India:

Too much buying action in the company. Looks like something interesting is brewing here. It is again a recent IPO, but more importantly perhaps the Ports Industry in India is seeing a lot of traction because its geopolitical significance is being better understood by policy makers. Do check out the company.

1. Mangalam Worldwide Limited:

The volumes in the stock give a lot of confidence to me. The company’s investor presentation which I think was released for the first time also looks interesting. This company definitely deserves your attention.

Investor who entered: Parilay Global Enterprises

Quantity: 1,32,000

Entry Price: 111

Finally for some fun, there is a very interesting name in the shareholders list of DP Wires who also executed a trade on Friday, have a look for yourself:

9 Likes

Bulk Deals Daily Log

8th Bulk Deals Log

Date: 11th December, 2023

NSE Link: https://www.nseindia.com/report-detail/display-bulk-and-block-deals

BSE Link: BSE Equity : Bulk Deals

1. Energy Development Corporation

Gaurav Paliwal has entered this stock. The stock has seen good volumes in the last few days and the stock chart really looks very good. Do check this out.

Investor who entered: Gaurav Paliwal

Quantity: 2,40,000

Entry Price: 26.03

1. Ishan International

Nikhil Rajesh Singh invested in this company which we have talked about earlier too. This is a very interesting chart for a company, do study it as pointed out earlier.

Investor who entered: Nikhil Rajesh Singh

Quantity: 43,200

Entry Price: 75.69

1. Kanani Industries

Export oriented stocks are really looking good in the current market conditions. This stock has seen too many buys. Do look into it and dig deeper.

7 Likes

Hi Valuepickr

The bulk deals haven’t been updated on NSE website, I think Tuesday is the lag day. I’ll update the log tomorrow.

4 Likes

Bulk Deals Daily Log

10th Bulk Deals Log

Date: 12th December, 2023

NSE Link: https://www.nseindia.com/report-detail/display-bulk-and-block-deals

BSE Link: BSE Equity : Bulk Deals

1. Ajooni Biotech

This company has a cattle-feed business and has gone through some very interesting things in the past one year or so. There was a rights issue that happened in December 2022 at a price of Rs. 6 and a grant from an International Agency. There was a cattle disease that happened across the nation which dairy companies also suffered from in 2022-23. Is there interest because of those issues receding? I’m really not sure but the performance seems exciting.

Investor who entered: Amit Kumar Jain

Quantity: 5,48,214

Entry Price: 5.85

1. BLS International

Too much interest has been seen on this counter recently. The volumes look impressive and the stock is clearly in stage 2. It was a good story after COVID reopening, but it has gotten even more interesting with the possible IPO of a subsidiary which can unlock shareholder value. Jainam Broking and SW Capital are the two names that have shown interest here.

1. Dish TV

There is a very interesting investment note somebody had shared on this company about a month back on its VP Thread. I don’t know how and when the story will unfold in the coming years, but I certainly like the way the thread was structured as a method of communication.

Although the companies that appear in the bulk deals are HFT firms, but the story and other things seem very interesting, so I am pointing it out for your research.

See you in tomorrow’s log.

6 Likes

Hi Value Pickr

An explanation is due for my absence during the last few days.

I describe myself as an opportunistic investor. I go wherever I find opportunities, without thinking too much about the marketcaps, investment strategies or other frequently discussed but impractical things. Because of this orientation, I keep on changing my investment style and strategy often.

I made a decent amount of money betting on smallcaps over the last two years. But the valuations in the smallcap universe don’t give me confidence to dig deeper into them. I’ve found that even when I have been writing on this thread, I have not gone deeper into companies I wrote on.

I think my view on the markets is that the next 2-3 years will be led by large caps if there is a sustained rally. This is simply because with interest rates reducing worldwide, FIIs would be interested in coming back to India and when they do, there is only the largecaps that will give them confidence both on their risk profiles in a broader economy sense as well as on the valuations front.

For this reason, I am turning this log into a bi-weekly log, where we’ll discuss the smaller companies but with a little less intensity. The writings on bulk deals would come out on Tuesdays and Fridays.

I am making this decision so that I can meaningfully contribute to segments of valuepickr where I personally have more conviction and develop my skills further through more reading on this platform.

I hope you’ll continue to support me the way you guys have.

13 Likes

Appreciate your efforts devesh.
Await your next bi weekly posts.

With the bulk deal data, we shall be able to study, whether FII is betting on Large or Small caps…yes ?

1 Like

Hi. Ajay Upadhyaya exited this in March 22. Where are you seeing his name in current year holders list?

Hi @LarryWink , I think the general principle is that when you have a smaller company, it is easier to monitor institutional entries. With larger companies, institutions tend to build up positions over time not crossing the 1% number on most days. However there are other market tools we can use to track the institutional flows.

Hi @Moonrise , what I meat to say there was that since this is a microcap, it might be a reasonable concern to have if the company is good enough on the corporate governance parameters. If there was an investor like Ajay Upadhyaya who might have entered the stock, it means those concerns would have been taken care of.

I am learning about corporate governance and management analysis, so I might help you in finding a suitable and strong management which is a necessary if a company is bound to do good, currently in initial stages and senior members might guide us well

3 Likes

I am new here, I was wondering if anyone has tracked these bulk dealer’s profit bookings and if you can rank them in terms of successful profit booking?