Affle India - India Mobile Internet Advertising Leader

Criticism is always present when excess returns are generated in small time. How conveniently they have ignored a 20% Net Margin. A company having a high Pat margin will always look more expensive when valued based on Sales. (PS im not saying Affle is cheap, im just saying the tweet is deliberately using Mcap/Sales to portray its exorbitantly valued.)
Also how conveniently they ignored the 60% YoY growth posted last qtr.
Also why would a company which has been continuously growing at 30%, backed by strong cashflows trade cheap?

I guess criticism is the best way to get famous on Twitter. Research a stock for 3 hrs and rant about it.

3 Likes

IMHO the price movement is certainly due to the factors that you have mentioned no doubt about that. I would like to add one more, there very less float available and retail investors have more money (disposable income , money that is otherwise spent , saved because working from home , no travel cost, no discretionary spending etc… ) Like to like example is Tesla .

Here is a good read -

Criticism and questions help you revisit your investment theme and analyse if you should continue to be invested.

Disclosure: Invested from lower levels and added more recently

3 Likes

Free float = 100% - promoter holding which 31.62% in this case.

I mean, DIIS and FIIS and Corporate investors they don’t transact much on day to day basis then come to the retail investors, who are always active. Happy to correct my understanding.

A lot of DIIs and FIIs transact more often than retail investors. There are a lot of retail investors who buy and hold.

Dont equate day traders to retail investors.

These are all preconcieved notions and generalization.

Also DIIs and FIIs are not necessarily better investors than retail.

A lot of so called great FII and DII fund managers keep all their money in FDs and they are only doing a job for the salary like you and me.

2 Likes

Wipro around 1999 - 2000, used to fetch a lot of premium.
One of the reason often mentioned is low float (very high promoter holding)

However, it took almost 20 years to break 2000 price.

Disc - not competing apple with orange.
Just pointing out that low float can’t be a justifiable reason for high share price

3 Likes

What’s the logic for this transaction? They have sold the Indus OS stake at cost which they bought just a few months back.

1 Like

I think they have found a way to sell the stake to their promoter and international ops and increase cash in their India ops. Nothing much to read it but a way to handle tax/cash positions unless they state otherwise. However, these transactions should have been avoided since this transaction was touted as one of the highlight by the management and now it goes to the unlisted company.

1 Like

Excellent temperament n conviction to stay invested among so much noise and adverse comments mostly from the guys in sector itself.superb returns from IPO at 745 in July 19 to nearly 4000. Kudos.

2 Likes

Does anyone know why they haven’t shared the basic financial data like revenue & PAT for Discover Tech Ltd. Generally this data is shared in the exchange filing. Or else we will have to wait for con call.

3 Likes

Good results. The inventory costs have also been managed very well. They are doing $ 20 Mn in Revenue per quarter. Need to see how Q1 pans out. The valuation is still 100x, but guess they are like D-Mart.

1 Like

Dec quarter, promoters reduced the stake from 68.38% to 63.8%. Obviously that seems to be picked up by FIIs whilst DIIs consistently reduced their holding.

Today promoters sold another 3 lakh shares.

Any idea why would promoters consistently reducing their share holding? No doubt at these levels valuations are not cheap either. Any expert comments please ??

Discl: Not invested.

1 Like

Airtel could become competition and has developed a beta for use on their own airtel apps very quickly. Could VPs discuss the actual moat for indian clients?

2 Likes

Insider trade made recently

by

They listed the company at Rs. 700, and now Mr. Market is giving them 8x in a year and the PBT has not moved in a similar way. Any shareholder will think this is a good time to cash some part of the holdings.

3 Likes

The irony is the Director of Account Manager bought fresh shares for the first time at the Price Rs-5222 for 10 Lacks. It’s a market purchase. Not Sale. :sweat_smile:

1. Dont know if it is first purchase

2. Everyone has a different Risk-Reward view. Plus the stock is on momentum. IndiaMart, Route Mobile, Affle have all done well and at high P/E.

Anuj Khanna Sohum interview