52 week highs and all time highs strategy

Bharti Airtel is above the 2007 high again and right at the resistance range and near 52 week high. Weekly chart

Daily chart showed an extremely strong base around 520. The breakout post price hikes and then the Vodafone Idea news has moved it near highs. Lets see whether it can cross this zone quickly or spend some time here before a big move.

On the option chain, there is massive OI at 620. If that gets crossed, the short covering move will be fast.

Discl: Bought around 540 and sold some position on Thursday.
I am not a registered analyst.

5 Likes

Hiteshbhai

On GICHF can you pls confirm C&H Pattern from 1908/2019 till 28/06/2021 with base formation at around 52-53. I am learning Technical analysis hence request your confirmation. Secondly is the C&H is confirmed and if the Break out happens around 190 levels would the target be around 310 levels ( Depth of cup = 180-50=130) added to the current price of around 180. Look forward for your guidance

@ashitpanjwani

Please scroll back a few posts, GIC HF charts posted and patterns described. If you start a thread especially on technicals and you want to learn technicals, try to read it from the beginning and read what is the key message at the beginning of the post when it started. Then look at all the examples posted by various boarders and see if patterns have played out as described and which kind of patterns have highest success rate and which ones have the lowest success rate. And try to figure out the reason why it happens so. Will be a great learning experience.

15 Likes

Hi !
This looks like Dows theory - Looking at higher highs and higher lows, entering at confirmation ?

Pl see the attached latest weekly chart after the 2 days spike. The 2 support lines are drawn based on weekly levels on a daily chart. First position is initiated after seeing support at 1753 with sl of 1753 and second after seeing support at 1941 . Buying your investment for LT -this is a buy in dip strategy on a stock which is good on fundamentals. Exit when you feel overvalued. Investing is an ART and belongs to the Individual and not to me.

Hi Sethufan ! Sorry, cant see the attached chart in the new post. Is it just me ?

Hi Hitesh bhai,
I had a specific query regarding the techno funda approach when technicals are in place but fundamentals change.
Case in Point - GIC Housing Finance - In the Q1 results, wherein we saw a steep rise in NPAs (probably one reason why market is punishing the stock).
In such a scenario, how do we take a call about the pattern playing out in near term ?

3 Likes

Interesting Setup’s which are in my Focus List:-

Sharing the below setups which I am closely tracking for a pivot point to enter

Axis Bank:-

Stock is forming classic VCP pattern, while the volume is contracting and drying at the right side development.Waiting for the price confirmation.

Caplin Point Laboratories:-

Flag Pattern.Strong YOY and QOQ growth.Stock is outperforming both the nifty and Pharma sector.

Equitas:-

Flag pattern.

Sobha Ltd :-
Triangle formation on daily charts.

11 Likes

@AlokMoghe

One factor that always affects stock price is earnings. One always has to keep that in mind. So while playing technical patterns when results are expected in near future, one has to be very careful and be on the toes and follow strict stop losses. There is no shame in getting stopped out. It helps to preserve capital to live another day.

19 Likes

Infoedge/Naukri has been consolidating after a big previous upmove. It has formed a VCP pattern or inverted H&S pattern. Today it seems to be breaking out with volumes already much higher than Monday. 52 week high is closer to 5900 but that was a level seen for a short time only.
Sentimental positives of recent Zomato listing and upcoming Policybazaar IPO.
Also, attrition in IT sector is at all time highs, which should be positive for Naukri

Discl: Trading position. Not a recco, I can sell anytime

9 Likes

Schaeffler India has been discussed in a previous post as an all time high breakout candidate. Putting up a chart which I find interesting in same company. Stock price has broken out of a flag pattern. Height of flagpole is from 5400 to 6860, a height of 1460. Adding that to breakout point of 6860 provides a target of 8320. Previously it was mentioned at around 6700 when stock price broke out of all time high of around 6000. Results and concall have been good.

disc: holding as previously disclosed.

12 Likes

Tata Power is a company that is transforming itself in terms of business model and there seem to be multiple triggers fundamentally. Following chart is interesting and findings are written on chart. disc: invested based both on technicals and fundamentals.

27 Likes

Whole power sector is on fire. IEX, ABB Power products, JSW energy.

Sir one general query…

what yo do when your pattern target hit? you exit immediately at target price or exit partially or keep your position intact to ride further up move…?

Or if we want to ride most of the up move then what should be the exit criteria?

2 Likes

Most Pharma names have been correcting sharply after disappointing results. However, one large pharma name that is making new all time highs is Torrent Pharma. However, the volumes continue to shrink on the right side of the pattern. Lets see if we can get a move with volumes

Discl: Invested as a trading bet.

Have booked profits in Naukri. Here is the updated chart showing a very clean move from Breakout. Nothing wrong even here but the first targets were done and I had a positiong in F&O so sold into strength.

Had posted earlier on Airtel at 540 odd and then again on this thread.

I got stopped out when it fell below 610. But re-entered at 630-635 levels. Still going strong and into new highs

5 Likes

United Breweries broke out into a fresh high after a long cup and handle pattern
Looks set for a big move

2 Likes

Electric-power transmission sector stocks are near 52-week high and forming good cup & handle/rounding bottom formations.This sector may benefit from the stimulus from the government to create employment and income in this pandemic situations.
Sharing some chart setups which looks interesting.

ABB India:-

Apar Ind:-

KEC International:-

4 Likes

Follow up to my July 17 post in this thread above on Orient Electric. Stock corrected post breakout after June 2021 results. While it had impact of lockdown but peer havells did well. Stock corrected and took support on trendline. Bounced back with good volumes. All consumer durables are doing good on expectation of better performance in coming quarter

4 Likes

KOLTE PATIL a real estate company recently cleared an important pivot at 270 . It has broken out of a cup and handle pattern / or complex inverted head and shoulders pattern with targets of close to 400. With strong moves in most real estate sector stocks, it looks interseting. disc: starter position based on strong chart pattern.

9 Likes

Hitesh bhai - Slightly off topic but any book recommendation on crowd psychology behind various technical patterns? I can sort of understand why any pattern would play out in intraday trades but when a pattern span across months and years, it doesn’t seem very intuitive that collective psychology would steer the stock price in a certain direction. Of course it is all probabilistic but i am looking for some resources to understand this better.

PS: I would delete this message if someone points out its irrelevance to this thread.

3 Likes