Welcome to ValuePickr Investing Forums

Try checking your email settings in your profile.

Thanks. I had checked but found ok. Nevertheless. I will recheck.

One of the best Welcome posts i have ever come across, summarizes things well for a novice like me. Thanks guys, looking forward to enjoy my journey with ValuePickr.

Thanks team ValuePickr, joined today… I am a mediocre inspired by geniuses, focus on mineral industry, found great clarity on some topics I studied today on this platform. Learner and contributor role as we move ahead. Thanks all.

It’ll be great if valuepickr provides a feature for downloading entire thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is my first post, I have been reading discussions on VP since long, I sincerely thank all the veteran members for the wisdom and knowledge they share.

Hello VP team and all the members,

Thank you all for sharing your research and observations on the stocks. I wish I had found this forum earlier, it would have saved me investing in crap stocks.

Can we please initiate a new VP public portfolio? I liked the earlier one but many of those are trading at rich valuation. Lets try to find the new alphas.

Thanks,
Sagar

4 Likes

Hi

We can select “watching” in a thread and every post gets notified. Similarly, Is there a way by which we can follow some of the members, so that each of their posts gets notified. For example @hitesh2710 @Donald how would I know each post of theirs?

Hello, I am new here and trying to find my way around. i was trying to read up on a company (MTAR Technologies) but I see the thread was closed in April 2021: MTAR Technologies: Can they scale up?

Can someone tell me why the thread was closed and why there is no further participation/ discussion on this stock? I did try searching for another MTAR related thread but could not find one.

Thank you for your help.

Please use this thread for such queries.

From what I could see, MTAR thread may have been closed as the OP did not put sufficient information regarding the company, as per the norms of VP. As for the no further participation, as the thread is closed, members could not post there, obviously, but there may have been discussion about MTAR in other threads, which are in the same business as MTAR, it happens, but I don’t know which threads are those, if such discussion has indeed happened.

1 Like

Thank you! That was very helpful.

How does one go about reopening that MTAR thread?

I guess you can message the moderator who closed it @manish962 and ask for the reason why it was closed and you can tell him if you want to contribute, or start a discussion in that thread.

If opening that thread is not possible, then perhaps you can start your own thread with updated information, along with the information from the existing thread, you can ask the OP of the closed thread, he is active. And you both can contribute in the old or new thread.

Contact the moderator.

1 Like

Hello Everyone, I am happy to be part of this wonderful platform. I am a newbie in equity and have been following this forum in read only mode since few days. Now got a chance to interact. Thanks to admins.

I am exploring lot of things everyday but unable to figure out on one thing. I.e. Evaluating Management/Promoters. How can I get to know the difference between good promoters and naughty promoters?

1 Like

Go to Google, type in scam cheat fraud and the company/promoter name.

That’s where you begin.

Go through the AR, look for 3rd party transactions that look suspicious

Join concalls and ask promoters your concerns.

Others on the group can guide you further.

3 Likes

Go through this:

https://www.drvijaymalik.com/steps-to-assess-management-quality-before-buying-stocks-moneylife-session/

4 Likes

Everyone of us can be an investor. Every month set aside a portion of your salary to invest. Whether directly or through mutual funds.
Don’t try to be rich tomorrow.
All of us who did not invest while in our twenties or thirties look back at the prices of HDFC Bank, Infosys or Bajaj Finance, to cite just some examples, and wonder why we did not buy one or two shares even, then?
Small investors are small investors for this reason, so there is no shame in buying one or two shares even.
Don’t invest money you may need in emergency.
Your pay rising 8-10 percent a year is all the more reason for investing.
If you would like, I will be happy to send Morgan Housel’s classic ‘Psychology of Money’ PDF or kindle worthy copy to you. Thats as good a start as one may want.
I have given a copy to my daughter, so that tells how I value it.

5 Likes

hi, how can follow some veteran members in value picker

1 Like

can anyone share videos part of the INDIA INVESTING CONCLAVE SERIES 2023 ?

where do we tell that email notifications are not working. the contact us takes to the website is not very helpful.