Vivek Gautam Portfolio

Profits tripled.Results seems OK. focus on business performance only

Hi @Vivek_6954,
Though the profits have tripled (on a very low base), if we look on a sequential half-year basis, expenses have gone up nearly 8-9 times , thus eating into the net profit.
Do you have any insight into the nature of these expenses (maybe they are front loaded or is this the trend to continue in the future ). I ask this as I do not have a decent hold on the dynamics of their business.
The management has also replaced the existing CFO, without much reasons.
Any reasons for alarm bells you think ?
Having said that ,in my opinion, even with current expense rate, if growth can get repeated, the current PE of 50+ can be maintained!

1 Like

I am not 100% sure but One may call SillyMonks business as the one with front-loaded cost to some extent.e.g. the Telugu serial that is going to get released on 1st June on Amazon Prime ( produced by SillyMonks) has been fully created, shooted, edited, mastered and then purchased by Amazon, there is no disclosure on costs involved or the sell price, but typically Producer takes the cost upfront and then get a chance to monetize.
It would be good if company comes with Investors presentation with revenue/profits split from verticals and other business information.

Overall SiMo looks to be growing the business at decent pace. Resignation of CFO is not a good news, but one cannot speculate on the reasons without factual data.

I have a small position in SiMo.

-Vivek D

1 Like
4 Likes

Have you bought Sirca today ?

Do you still like it given the current valuations?

Huge pain in SME & Nano caps.

That is the nature of SME investing and on top of it we have to buy in huge quantities. I am sure that some excellent business will now be available are decent valuations.

@Vivek_6954 Still holding or buying silly monks ? Looks like buying SME IPOs on listing day not working anymore.

Yes SME mkt have deteriorated over due to greed of LM pricing IPOs expansively almost at par to main board inspite of suspicious accounting where nos r showing abnormal rise in profits just before the ipos.,namelending,cashback n other dubious practice of unscrupulous LMs,promoters n sudden appearance of QIB quota . I have exited some and holding on to some of my SME holdings.

Time to be cautious n selective in SMEs,.90% bet on promoter n rest on sector.

I feel we need to give some more time and await few more 6 monthly results as promoter reputation seems good n sector is also OK for Valiant Organics,Focus Lighting,Sheetal Cool,RKEC Projects,Silly Monks ,Dynamic cables,SS Infra.

Concerns on liquidity,and Small size of co,keyman risks remain in SMEs so allocation shud be small and one shud have thick skin.One shud have a 2 year POV till they migrate to main board

3 Likes

Any views of MACPOWER CNC and Facade systems. Both held by very smart investors.

No dont track them but they have investment by Kenneth Andrade n Vijay Kedia. Kenneth still is positive on Sme space in his last interview on Et now but is v selective

Yes he still holds it ( along with massive post IPO listing gains) and MEP. Do you have any report on dynamic Cables. It looks interesting and has fallen beyond its issue price.

What is your take on avanti feeds? Would u look to average the stock here considering the long term potential of the sector?

Promoter quality is excellent but sector headwinds are appearing. I booked profit as it was the major portion of my portfolio & I want to have cash as a portion of my portfolio for next 1 year till political uncertainty remains

May relook at Avanti when headwinds reduce n valuation comfort reappears.

4 Likes

Dear Sir,
Please advice how to play with cash after sold some stock, put in liquid fund, FD, saving a/c or others option. Please guide

I have put in bank Bank Fds only as may use it for applying in an in good ipo or some other good opportunistic acquisition. I realise that sometimes sitting on cash acts as financial valium for one giving comfort in bearish times.

1 Like

Hi @Vivek_6954 - Did you happen to have a chance to review recent half yearly result for Dynamic cables. Will be thankful to know your views on the results and balance sheet especially given that the stock is now available at IPO issue price

https://www.bseindia.com/corporates/anndet_new.aspx?newsid=d30c2182-3e75-46bc-b36e-2cd3e210bf95

Patience most imp for any investor.Results of DCc seems good with valn also cheap and a small interim dividend announced n new factory to contribute in future.Scuttlebutt on promoter is positive.Sector too is having tailwinds currently.

2 Likes

What is competitive advantage Dynamic cable has over larger peers which enables to earn more than cost of capital?