Vivek Gautam Portfolio

Dear Vivek, I am from Saurashtra and now residing at Surat since last 17 years. I went to my native place in Diwali holidays. At that time I was not aware abt SCPL’s IPO but after returning I came to know about the company’s IPO and at that time it already got listed. Then I studied its RHP and other details on different websites. Then I started inquiry. I inquired few of my native friends, few of my my local friends which went to their native places in Saurashtra during Diwali vacation, one vendor from Saurashtra and one vendor of Sheetal Smiley Parlour here in Surat, and most importantly one person from Amreli i.e from home town of the company and it’s promoters.

Now I am noting down my excerpt of the Inquiry.

• All inquiry are positive, not a single negative about the company, its products, services, and its promoters.
    -Promoters himself was a very small businessman ( Panwala) before say 20-25 years back and running his own 'Sheetal Pan Center’just oppsite the Amreli State Transport Bus Station. Interestingly that Sheetal Pan Center is still continue at the same place along with a big Sheetal Smiley parlour beside it.
    -Promoters was five brothers, one was died before few years, four brothers are running the company.
    -They are known as a very honest, hard working, down to earth and very humble personalities in their area of Amreli.
    -Smiley parlour (Surat) : which was started just 4 month back, franchise owner was very happy, talking with me very enthusiastically. He said me that right now he is collecting on an average 15000 rs daily, after deducting electricity and all other expenses he left with very small amount but I am happy with the response of the customer in a very short period of time and once winter is over I will earn handsomly. He shows me different varieties of ice cream. I and my kids had tasted 6 to 8 varieties, all are of same taste that of the Vadilal or Amul Or Havmore but difference was it’s quantity and price. He told me that customer is happy with the taste but main thing is it’s price and quantity, if you came here with 15 family members ,all will complete within 500 to 600rs. About promoter he told me that he can directly talk with the Bhupatbhai Bhuva i.e director of the company if he has any complaint regarding service or product. Bhupatbhai himself calling him regularly once in a month since the opening of his franchise. One thing negative he told me is regarding its frozen food products, which he said are little costly and are not gaining customers response and that’s why he stopped selling it that are frozen pizza, Wada Pav etc.
    -From Saurashtra : Sheetal ice cream is a very famous name in almost all villages of the Saurashtra. At my own village there are 10 to 12 general Pan-cold drink store all are selling only Sheetal’s product. So I talked with one vendor at my village that how all in our village are selling only one brand’s ice cream? He replied , look Amul or Vadilal are not approaching us in this small village and other 4 to 5 ice cream were here before few years but Sheetal had destroyed all others with his Quantity, packaging and pricing. Quality of all are same but main thing is quantity and rate. Now today people came here and asked for only Sheetal then why we sell others ice creams and one thing is that Sheetal’s service is very regular, there vehicle came here regularly.
    -Other Saurashtra friends view: Most part in rural Saurashtra Sheetal is becoming a household name. Mostly all are aware of its product and name. And that’s why in Surat where most of the people’s are from Saurashtra are consuming it’s product with its name in my city also.

I will update here if I got some interesting information in future.

Disclosure: Invested

13 Likes