ValuePickr Public Portfolio

Valuepickr is not one person. All forum members and active participants make up this forum. Most senior members talk about stocks they like, follow etc in individual stock threads.

However, it is also important to appreciate that some may not wish to make their portfolios public for personal reasons. Knowing what others hold in their personal portfolio does not add any value to our own conviction in buying / selling / holding. Each one needs to build their own conviction in the stocks that they own.

18 Likes

I want to know from moderators to know if this thread holds significance any longer as the original purpose is lost due to SEBI regulations.Wouldnt it be prudent to close it due to avoid expectations of new members?

4 Likes

@paraacbe has a valid point.

1 Like

I was not asking anyone to disclose their portfolio or Blindly copying other peopleā€™s holdings.
I went through this complete thread and see that initially for every six months the stock suggestions or holdings were disclosed which is not happening currently. This might be due to sebi restrictions thatā€™s why I gave examples of how people give their value picks and why cant we have it again as we used to have earlier which would be beneficial to everyone

11 Likes

I think this a good idea considering the current state.

2 Likes

It helps a lot of newbies like me if say once a month or a quarter or even a year, the veterans give us their actions during the time and the thought process primarily.

I have continued to remain invested now after losing a lot already. Lot of ppl are exiting till situation becomes clearā€¦ Would be interesting to know what experienced folks are thinkingā€¦

Iā€™m definitely not a senior, but If you havenā€™t made any changes to the folio following is something I could recommend -

1. Time to weed out the low quality from the higher one. Exit companies which seemingly will continue to suffer from the slowdown and recover late.
  2. Create a watchlist of companies you would like to own for the next 3-5 years. Read about them.
  3. Built assets in other asset classes like gold and liquid funds to diversify yourself.

Regards

Problem is the bad companies are the ones which have corrected the most and feel like have the highest potential to gain if they dont go bankruptā€¦ For Eg: Edelweiss, PNB finance etc are trading at very low PE

I am putting new money in 90:10 ratio in good companies (ITC, Bajaj Holdings, HDFC Bank, CDSL, Zee, SJVN, PowerGrid) and risky ones (IDFC, Edelweiss, Delta Corp, NOCIL, Sonata, Persistent, Cupid)

I really want to exit PNB finance but dont feel like booking so much loss.

Booking loss is a very liberating experience. Break the habit of holding onto losers once and you will never hold them beyond a point. Rip the bandage, the next day you will feel a burden lift from your shoulders.

2 Likes

@Donald
I think VP have to seriously rethink at public portfolio strategy or at least have like this threads, for the long run:

My Two cents:

Every Tom, D and Harry comes on Twitter/TV and recommends stocks and promotes their own interests, off-course with a standard statement saying we have vested interests or recommended to clients.

VP also should come out with some standard disclosures, may be at the beginning of the thread itself, saying/naming these are the VP FAVORITE BUSINESSES or VP MOST EXCITING or VP INTERESTING or VP EMERGING MOAT BUSINESSES, any name.

Off course most of all here, are following in their disclosures in the individual company discussions.

Even though nowadays there are lot of discussions going on VP on Theory/Macros, I always think implementing that theory into practice(the art) is one thing, which is most difficult part. We here in VP discuss a lot on individual businesses, This is the high time VP to come out of THEORY/MACRO UNDERSTANDING and implement in PRACTICE.

PORTFOLIO strategy or creation or building is the most important thing in achieving financial freedom than picking or discussing individual businesses.

Example: In the Covid-19 correction, financial/Auto/Reality/Infra heavy portfolio are bleeding heavily say in comparing with FMCG/speciality chemicals/Pharma heavy portfolio.

I think this is the right time to restart this concept.

25 Likes

Kindly post update on Portfolio !
It will help up. thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes. There is a saying that more bad is done , not by bad guys but by good guys keeping silent. All cheap youtubers and analyst coming on TV are selfish and self-interest motivated, who guide the gullible.people into wrong stocks. Valuepickr ppl are gems in Investment industry, and they should publish the best picks portfolio with appropriate disclaimer. When so many valuepickr deliberate and do so much research, i am.sure some amrit will come out of that Samudra-Manthan.
@Donald , kindly take note in the interest of retail investors. Thanks.

17 Likes