Screener.in: The destination for Intelligent Screening & Reporting in India

Hi Ayush

Unable to log in Screener.in, the log in window pop up and will disappear, I am using Internet Explorer 9.

Regards

Hi Ayush,

There is some issue with data related to Sun Pharma Ind Qtly Results(Standalone)

Regards
Adiga

Though I’m new to this forum as a contributor but I have been using the Screener from quite some time now. And, I must say that despite some data mismatches, this is an excellent tool.

Earlier I used to do a lot of manual Data mining, but with this tool, I’ve programmed many cross probing filters/queries realizing various investment behaviors, which has drastically reduced the data mining time. And, this has helped me catch many mutlibagger fish in my screener net of filters/queries.

Kudos to the Screener Team. Cheerio!!

2 Likes

Hello ayush, has the export to excel option gone ?

Also would it be possible to compare companies in screener ?

I know but in this case one has to delete and re load the ratios. The click and move method made things easy. I was just hoping.

Thanks
Kumar

Plz compare the nos on screener with the results reported by the company in their PDF filing on BSE. The numbers are matching.

Hi Ayush

Quarterly EPS is unavailable in current screener. When will it be availiable?

Hi ayush
Please bring export to excel option soon. With out that its taking much time to analyse companies past performance.
Thank you
Regards
irfan

1 Like

Kudos to Ayush and Pratyush.
Dear Sourabh, Can you share some of the queries how to identify good fish.

1 Like

Hi,

Please add the D/E for 10 years in the BS table

Hi Ayush
I am getting below error on some of my PC and laptop where as on some pc it is working fine

Hi Vinamra,

Thanks for bringing it to our notice. Will try to look into it.

1 Like

Hi Prasad,

Instead of sharing the queries, let me tell you the way of creating one on your own.

While reading articles Or listening to interviews of brightest of minds out there, I try to pen down the keywords/ideas and try to create a query around it because all we have in the end is numbers to help build first opinion and then to follow up.

For example: One of the finest interviews I’ve listened to in the recent past is the one that of Sanjoy Bhattacharya, titled “Investing With Sanjoy Bhattacharya”.

Now, once you have gone through the video (he has seriously given many ideas), below are the some of the variables which are of use to help build query.

Average return on capital employed 3Years; EPS preceding year quarter; Profit growth 3Years; Return on equity; Down from 52w high; Interest Coverage Ratio; PEG Ratio ; Average return on equity 3Years; Average return on equity 5Years ; Average return on capital employed 5Years…many others more useful :smiley: …infact all can be used :smile:

It’s all about applying(arithmetic operators) / comparing(relational operators) right numbers (must consider industry based variations) to / with the screener variables to help screen which is the purpose of the the Screener.in

Regards

5 Likes

thanks sourabh. I do the similar comparison and also see profit growth for the year, 3 years. Do you know how our ayush and pratyush calculate G factor and PEG ratio. Ayush and pratyush can you share please.

Hi guys,

for some reason i am not getting the “download to excel” button on the website. anyone facing the similar issue? appreciate if @pratyushmittal @ayushmit can help resolving the issue.

Best,
Kunal

A very basic question regarding Return on Capital Employed… using the standard accounting definition of ROCE = EBIT/(Total Assets - Current Liabilities) I tried to compute the ROCE for Asian Paints (consolidated statement) as follows:

EBIT = 2104 (EBT) + 34 (Finance Cost) = 2138

Total Asset - CL = 8912.48 - 3517 = 5395
and therefore RoCE = 2138/5395 = 39.6%

But Screener shows RoCE for Asian Paints as 60% (screenshot attached)

Can any one help me in understanding the difference in computation between my computed figures and that present on Screener, or help identify where I am going wrong…

TIA

@pratyushmittal @ayushmit Just noticed that data in screener (Balance sheet,Borrowings,Cash flows) for Years 2011 and later and not matching with moneycontrol/Annual report

While calculating ROCE on screener, we exclude other income in numerator and correspondingly exclude cash and investments in denominator. We try to calculate it as done here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28494399/Blog%20Links/A_Killer_Puzzle.pdf

Followed it up here: https://twitter.com/faltoo/status/675187160123883520

Hope that helps.

7 Likes

Hi,

Please help to modify the below query, as the below query is not giving any stock:

Sales growth >15%
and NPM last year >8%
and Tax last year > 25%
and Interest Coverage >3
and Debt to equity <0.5
and Current ratio > 1.25
and PEG Ratio < 1
and Price to Sales < 1.5
and Dividend yield > 0%
and Promoter holding > 51%
and Earnings yield > 10%
and Price to Earning <10