Screener.in: The destination for Intelligent Screening & Reporting in India

Hey guys, I need help in framing a query on screener.in. I hope somebody is able to help me with it. I have made queries on screener in the past, though I don’t know how to go about stringing this together.

What I’m essentially looking at is filtering companies that have consistently grown sales and profits y-o-y (each and every year) over 10, 7, 5 and 3 year periods. Even marginal growth is fine. The reason I’m looking to do this is to find companies that are resilient and are consistently growing their sales and profits irrespective of market cycles and other macro scenarios.

The best example of this is Page Industries. If you look at it, you would notice they have consistently grown their sales and profits for 10 years straight - https://www.screener.in/company/PAGEIND/.

Any help assistance in helping stringing this query together will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Just noticed…
Most awaited peer comparison ( all stocks coming under same industry / section) is available now on screener.
Thanks @ayushmit ji.

1 Like

Screener.in seems to be using “16 times PEG into EPS” for calculating Intrinsic Value.

Where did you get this formula from? I have never seen it being used elsewhere. It seems very counter intuitive. PEG ratio of undervalued companies will be low & PEG ratio of overvalued companies will be high. So with your formula - the intrinsic value of undervalued companies will be low & that of overvalued companies will be high. That makes no sense to me.

Screener.in is not showing consolidated and standalone figures as it used to show. Anything changed. Or any alternate way to see that in screener?

1 Like

In my filtered report some of the metrics are being shown twice, for e.g Sales growth, ROE, Profit growth etc.Does anyone know how to remove duplication.

Intrinsic value is an user created ratio in our site and its formula is 16 times PEG into EPS.

In case you find this formula wrong or you use any other formula then you can always try to create your own custom ratio, which you can use anywhere on our site.
This can be accessed by clicking on “View Your Profile”.

Yes, its a derivation of the popular graham number which is value =eps*( 8+ 2g) where g is the expected growth rate

Do user created ratios become public? I think that shouldn’t be done. This particular formula is absurd to say the least.

Yes vijay screener activated this feature a long time back and then removed this feature. But since Intrinsic Value has been used in a lot of places hence screener cannot remove that ratio, but you can always make your own ratio if you feel like its wrong.

I was looking at Sequent scientific in screener and found that TTM considers last years “Other Income” and calculates TTM accordingly. One off other incomes should not be considered in this years calc.

For some stocks like Kewal Kiran & Syngene, Balance Sheet, Cashflow, P & L are available for 10 years for standalone but only for 2-3 years in consolidated. Any idea why is this?

Consolidated statements are reported only if the company has subsidiaries on its books. So in the case of Kewal Kiran it could be because the company did not have any subsidiaries and hence reported only a standalone statement until 2-3 years ago.

Yes There is a need to separate the goodwill, especially for companies with lot of acquisition.

The working capital calculation in Screener excel is WC=Other Assets - Other Liabilities.

Working capital is normally calculated as the current assets minus the current liabilities.
So is the calculation correct in screener or is my understanding wrong?
Could someone guide me?

Can anyone please let me know where can see list of stocks by market cap for various years ?

for example top 100 companies by market cap in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 etc

1 Like

You can “Edit Columns” and add one of the following four ratios to get the historical Market Cap.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, this helps :slight_smile: !!

Is it possible to find sector wise ratios in screener ? if yes, how and if not, can it be made available for filtering companies based on a certain sector?

Some quarterly results not getting updated on screener.in

Example: 3M and Care Ratings