Screener.in: The destination for Intelligent Screening & Reporting in India

It would be really good to have a p/e chart
I do have pe ratios that i scrapped from morninstar site starting from 2008 onwards for all listed companies

1 Like

@pratyushmittal
Hello,

I have couple of suggestions for screener.in

1. From this thread I understood that “Company is expected to give good quarter” is calculated based on expected net profit and OPM compared to last quarter. Thanks to @nipunmohta for clarifying.
    Is it possible to mention that this is comparative to last quarter rather than YoY? Observed this while checking for sreeleathers where I believe that its YoY results may not be better considering the festivities in WB were in Q2 in 2017 whereas its in Q3 in 2018 and screener mentions that it will be good quarter.
  2. Great feature added to show volume for the day. Like the color is different for <20% delivery, can it be different for more than 80/90% too?

Thank you for your time for reading these suggestions.

Just made a query on screener, turns out queries have a character limit of 1000. Is this a necessity. If possible, can the team look to relax this constraint. Also while saving a query that is close to the 1000 limit mark, I get the following error. Is there some work around this? @Parthgarg

502 Bad Gateway

nginx

Does Screener.in give ratios and other figures from Standalone or consolidated data? When I run my query, I get the output list & the columns I have chosen - let’s say I have chose RoCE & Earnings Yield as the column for the output. Do the figures populating these columns come from standalone or consolidated reports for the companies?

Sir,

Can we have shareholding details qtr to qtr wise (time series / similar to the financials)?

For example
One may be interested in those companies where retail investors are loosing their ownership to the large institutions or promoters.

Check bajaar.me and also ratestar.in

@bhavin.mehta2810 - I had been working on something like this and your query made me realise it could be useful for others so I have made it available for everyone. Please check and see if this is what you had in mind.

9 Likes

Sixer…! My first post and found the right answer.
This is what I have been looking for.
Thank you much Sir and VP community.

E.g.
See last 10 qtrs trend for Individuals share capical upto 2L

PC Jewellers- Innocent novices are trapped. No wonder stock has become multi “begger”
Excel Industries- Big guys are accumulating. No wonder stock has become multi “bagger” with solid improvement in fundamentals.

4 Likes

Just one word: WOW!!!

This was exactly I was looking for. Was manually feeding and tracking shareholding data for stocks I am tracking.

Thanks a ton!!!

Great tool. Would like to know if there is an option on screener to download further balance sheet schedules like interest accrued (part of other assets) etc. For eg for NBFC’s like Chola screener has breakup of other assets into loans and advances, inventories etc but not interest accrued. Does one have to go to the individual balance sheet to dig it up or is there an option on screener? Also, does any other website offer the ability to download such schedules. Thanks

Screener calculations seem to be a little off.

For e.g. take Repco Home Finance
Here is their balance sheet

From the stand-alone balance sheet - I calculate the Shareholder’s funds

126572310820 + 625613620 = 127197924440

Now divide that by no of shares from the balance sheet to get Book Value

127197924440/62561362
= 203. 32
So standalone book value is 203.32

Then I take the figures from the consolidated balance sheet

(12849854113 + 625613620)/62561362
= 215.39

So book value from the consolidated balance sheet is 215.39

Screener.in shows it as 212.32 which matches with neither of these.

OTOH, Edelweiss shows the correct value.

Why this discrepancy?

Screener takes average of last two years in numerator.

That’s a really strange and non-standard way of calculating the book value.

It would really be better for screener.in to use standard formulae.

Whether it is possible to develop Credit Rating related screeners …screener such as company which is improving it’s rating over three/five years would be beneficial for investor…

Hi Karan,

Yes as of now it has a limit of 1000 characters, but the team is working on it and soon this issue will get resolved.

Thanks,
Parth

Hi Vijay, Screener mostly takes consolidated figures, but in some cases where standalone data is more important there it takes standalone figures.
Thanks

1 Like

No, its not possible as of now.

Hi Vijay, in case of Book value we take the standard formula only, we do not take average on denominator.
Thanks

In case of this query you have done one thing wrong which is in standalone balance sheet reserves are 12657231082, you have added one extra 0 in the end by mistake because of which you are getting different answer you can check after removing 0 it will be exact.

And in case you click on “View Consolidated” then screener changes the quick ratio data also and screener is showing 215 for consolidated data as well.

I hope that helps you

Thanks

In case of this query you have done one thing wrong which is in standalone balance sheet reserves are 12657231082, you have added one extra 0 in the end by mistake because of which you are getting different answer you can check after removing 0 it will be exact.

Ok, got it - you are using standalone figures.

Standalone figures for standalone data, and consolidated figures for consolidated data.