CESC LTD Demerger

(lanke_dan) #52

Axiskumar, The ratios must add up to 1, and there must be three ratios, one for each company.

(lanke_dan) #53

I have not yet received shares of RP-SG Retail and RP-SG Business in my demat account. Has anyone else also not received the shares?

(bala.y.krishna) #54

I have got email but not listed in Demat account yet

(Vivek) #55

@bala.y.krishna and @lanke_dan you have to check in your NSDL account, it might not show in demat account now, download the NSDL app and you can see it.

(narmad) #56

RP-SG BUSINESS PROCESS SERVICES LIMITED
(The Company is in the process of changing its name to ‘CESC Ventures Limited’ or such other name, Blah Blah …)

We are pleased to inform you that as a shareholder of CESC on 31st October 2018, the Record Date, you have been allotted fully paid equity shares of the Company in the ratio of 2 (two) fully paid equity shares of Rs.10/- each for every 10 CESC equity shares held by you.

RP-SG RETAIL LIMITED
(The Company is in the process of changing its name to ‘Spencer’s Retail Limited’ or such other name, Blah Blah …)

We are pleased to inform you that as a shareholder of CESC on 31st October 2018, the Record Date, you have been allotted fully paid equity shares of the Company in the ratio of 6 (six) fully paid equity shares of Rs.5/- each for every 10 CESC equity shares held by you.

(lanke_dan) #57

@narmad Thanks, but what you posted are not the cost of acquisition ratios. When did you receive the email? I did not receive such an email. What should I do?

@Hocuspocus32 @bala.y.krishna

(bala.y.krishna) #58

ok , i’ll do that but do you know how long would it take to reflect in our demat account and when can we track/trade them if required.

(narmad) #59

Received the email on 11/23/2018 from
.> [email protected]in
.> [email protected]

We are pleased to inform you that as a shareholder of CESC on 31st October 2018, the Record Date

Couldn’t find any mention of cost of acquisition anywhere in the email or on the BSE reports.

Thanks
Narayan

(lanke_dan) #60

Thank you for the information @narmad

(ruffles) #61

Any idea at what price demerged entities are listed.
RP-SG Buisness Process Services Ltd
RP-SG Retail ltd

How to view them on NSE?

(Vivek) #62

These are not yet listed to view prices, Hopefully inside 10 days it should get listed

here is the updates/cost of acquisition : https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/2a6f2b43-7891-441d-abed-cf7b47bb1024.pdf @lanke_dan

(lanke_dan) #63

Thank you @Hocuspocus32.

(Raj A A) #64

Demerger:Cost of Acquisition; CESC=87.47%; RP-SG retail(Spencer’s retail)=1.59%; RP-SG bp (CESC Ventures)=10.94%

(learning) #65

It might be a naive question, but Can anyone help me understand - will my cost in the Securities account automatically get reflected for this change ?

(Vivek) #66

No it wont , In your demat and P/L it will show as the Face value of the shares only as cost of acquisition

(Raj A A) #68

Cost of acquisition is provided by the company for the purpose of computing capital gains.Your purchase cost is to be apportioned in the ratio provided so that arrived cost reflects your cost for the respective demerged entity

(1.5cr) #69

Any idea at what price CESC ventures will list at? MFs might begin dumping the company as well right? Could hurt overall prices that investors have paid while trying to play the demerger…

Any idea what the listing price could be??

(Rahul) #70

Where can we get the financial statements of the individual entities?
I couldn’t find them in the scheme.

(Rahul) #71

Hello fellow VP’ers,

I’m a newbie in investing and need help in some calculations. Really appreciate your work in this regard.

Stock price of CESC: 722 (20th Dec Close as per Google)
Market cap of CESC: 9569 crores (20th Dec Close as per Google)
Number of shares of CESC = 9569 crores / 722 = 13.25 crores

The scheme allots 6 shares of Spencers’ Retail for every 10 shares of CESC.
This means, Number of shares of Spencers’ Retail = 0.6 * 13.25 crores = 7.95 crores (+another 5 lakh pref. shares assigned to CESC Ltd)
Similarly, Number of shares of CESC Ventures = 0.2 * 13.25 crores = 2.65 crores.

However, I see completely different numbers in the scheme. They say 299.01 crores shares (+another 5 lakh pref. shares) in Spencers’ and 125 crores shares in CESC Ventures.

Will really appreciate if someone can help me understand where my calculation is wrong.
Another question is that the scheme document doesn’t contain the financials of the spun-off companies. Is that expected? I couldn’t find it in FY18 annual report too. Where are you guys referring the financial data of the individual companies from? Found few articles on the web but I’m looking for an official source, which lays out all the numbers.

(Kashish Shambhwani) #73

13.25 cr shares is Issued and paid-up capital, what you are referring to is the authorized capital, hence the difference.

Info memorandum is available on the respective websites of Spencer and Ventures.