ValuePickr Forum

Yash Portfolio Feedback

Hi, Started this portfolio in January 2020. Looking for some feedback. I prefer to play large cap through mutual funds, consequently, most of this portfolio is focussed on small/mid caps with selective large cap bets for diversification, balance and where I felt there were not many adequate small cap names (eg banking). Have also booked losses worth about 6% of the PF in March.

Current Watchlist:
Kotak Mahindra Bank
HDFC Ltd
TCNS
Alembic Pharma

Looking to mantain cash portion at about 35-40% given market valuations. Any new bets will have to be made by replacing existing bets. Looking to reduce BSE if any new bets fructify.

2 Likes

Have added TCNS, increased stakes in VIP and Tata Comm and reduced some TVToday. Got scared of them losing their market leadership to Republic Bharat post the Sushant Singh coverage. Feel the portfolio is unbalanced and looking for some advice.

WatchList:
Alembic Pharma
Kotak Mahindra Bank
HDFC
Laurus Labs
Bharti Airtel

My 2 cents :
All pharma are near 52 week high - it would be great if you could add them example CIPLA (during this covid - CIPLA stands tallest in respiratory business)

Not sure on others - Auto sector there are headwinds due to liquidity wherein people have stopped buying cars for now due to covid. There might a win win case against if there be might be case of contract however no one knows.

Minda Inustries is better than corp. PS : Exited waiting till end of this year to check on strength
There are no FMCG/ big players such as asian paints, marico to your portfolio consider to add these briges when in event market corrects these bridges will help you.